• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread: Conference championships: Jan. 29

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was week 4 when I realized this. What took you so long?

NFC had no other good teams. The AFC is weak too, it just has the three QBs (Mahomes, Burrow, Allen).

So we'll see how Gannon can hang with Mahomes, but DLines win championships.

Been watching a lot of good defenses firsthand for a long time...Some with pass rushes that were insane...The one thing that always negated it was a truly bona fide great QB. QB comes out and puts a team on its heels with a big play or two in the first half and the entire tone is set.

You've got your hands full.

I could see it going either way.

Mahomes is just too good to say "Our pass rush will get to him so we've got this."

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching a lot of good defenses firsthand for a long time...Some with pass rushes that were insane...The one thing that always negated it was a truly bona fide great QB. QB comes out and puts a team on its heels with a big play or two in the first half and the entire tone is set.

You've got your hands full.

I could see it going either way.

Mahomes is just too good to say "Our pass rush will get to him so we've got this."
They also need to crowd receivers. Bracket on Kelce and they have Slay Bradberry to lock down WRs who are pedestrian at best before getting banged up. Mahomes won’t be 100% with his mobility and he won’t be aided by a run game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resident Eagles fans are gonna pitch a sh*t fit with my next question, so I'll preface it with: "Yes, the Eagles can win the Super Bowl and are obviously a good team."

But I'm trying to think of a path to the Super Bowl that was easier than theirs this year....Giants at home...and 9ers at home when their 3rd string QB is knocked out in the first drive....Yeesh. I mean, you get what games are given to you, but I can't for the life of me think of a path that was easier.

On another note, I think the Super Bowl is going to be a great game...Granted, I thought the NFC Championships would be too...Has all the makings to be amazing at least. Here's hoping.

It's almost as if the Eagles earned home field advantage if the playoffs and got to play at home with the easiest possible seeds all the way to the Super Bowl! Outrageous, ridiculous and scandalous, right? :thumb:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you forgot but this is a team and fanbase that went 50 years without a super bowl appearance.

The Bengals have won alot of games with Burrow and have gotten a taste of playoff success so maybe going forward it would be a good idea to start acting like you've been there before.
lol. yeah, it's easy to be confident when you know the guys in stripes will bail you out.........

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Browns fan, I totally empathize with Bengals fans in their pain so I am going to tell them what they always tell me when I complain about my team getting screwed by the refs: "Shut up."

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. yeah, it's easy to be confident when you know the guys in stripes will bail you out.........
In the game I watched the referees called back a Chiefs passing touchdown, a Chiefs rushing touchdown and a Burrow interception.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the play Mahomes got the late hit to seal the game

Look at the mother of all holds that you can't miss unless you want to miss it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the game I watched the referees called back a Chiefs passing touchdown, a Chiefs rushing touchdown and a Burrow interception.
Cmon dog, we all know Toney didn't catch that and Bryan Cook did commit PI on that "INT." No need to be "both ways" just because there are folks in their feels about Ossai or don't know how holding rules work. We don't need to play that card.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta have better depth than a tackle (Adenjini) that has never had a PFF grade above 55 in run or pass blocking and Carman that had a 4!?!?!? Pass blocking grade in last year's postseason

With that oline,not sure how JB has lasted this long,let alone him making it to the SB and another afccg.......and Carman was a 2nd rd pick,crazy.....and I thought the Bears line waz bad,holy smokes.....

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon dog, we all know Toney didn't catch that and Bryan Cook did commit PI on that "INT." No need to be "both ways" just because there are folks in their feels about Ossai or don't know how holding rules work. We don't need to play that card.
You're not understanding.

I'm not disagreeing with any of those calls.

What I'm saying is those were awfully huge plays for the referees to nullify if they were calling the game in the Chiefs' favor.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not understanding.

I'm not disagreeing with any of those calls.

What I'm saying is those were awfully huge plays for the referees to nullify if they were calling the game in the Chiefs' favor.
Ah, gotcha. I guess I don't think that way. But I hear ya.