• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread: Conference championships: Jan. 29

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the AFCCG starts: Want to give some of the longtime SportsHoopla Bengals fans a shoutout @CrashDavisSports @Cincyfan78 @cincygrad for being classy, cool and chill dudes over the years on the Hoop. Should be a close game. I am sure I missed more than a few, but the longtimers know who they are on the Hoop. Lot of respect for y'all over the years.
That's nice of you. It was a great season. The Bengals had their chances yesterday - Can't win all the close ones.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean

It's true.

Love the swagger from the Bengals but it was bordering on disrespect.
I didn't like the shit-talking... But it was nice for someone to shit talk the Chiefs. That team cruises through their division every year and hasn't really had a rival to challenge them. Great response by their team. Hopefully the rivalry keeps giving us classics like the last 4.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was won (actually lost) by the Bengals inability to ever fix their shitty offensive line.

Mahomes was decent, but it was more about the weak Bengals line.

The Bengals line made the Chiefs look like the 1985 Bears today

5 sacks and that intentional grounding call was essentially a sack

I think it is just too important in this modern passing era to ignore the offensive line.

Ya,thats two seasons in a row now where JoeB was one of the most sacked qbs in the league.....last years playoff was 19x in 3 games.....holyshit.

Theyre gonna get that guy killed out there.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid is indeed generally known for being tough to beat with an extra week. His record following a bye is well documented.

But Reid is also known for losing a lot of NFC titles and other big games with questionable clock management and in-game decisions. He's not great at adjusting and managing situations in the games themselves despite his great preparation. He has his pros and cons as a coach for sure, though he is generally elite IMO and a Hall of Famer for sure.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the shit-talking... But it was nice for someone to shit talk the Chiefs. That team cruises through their division every year and hasn't really had a rival to challenge them. Great response by their team. Hopefully the rivalry keeps giving us classics like the last 4.

You guys are set for a long time.

One guy you don't pay is Mixon though.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the shit-talking... But it was nice for someone to shit talk the Chiefs. That team cruises through their division every year and hasn't really had a rival to challenge them.
I guess you forgot but this is a team and fanbase that went 50 years without a super bowl appearance.

The Bengals have won alot of games with Burrow and have gotten a taste of playoff success so maybe going forward it would be a good idea to start acting like you've been there before.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya,thats two seasons in a row now where JoeB was one of the most sacked qbs in the league.....last years playoff was 19x in 3 games.....holyshit.

Theyre gonna get that guy killed out there.

You gotta have better depth than a tackle (Adenjini) that has never had a PFF grade above 55 in run or pass blocking and Carman that had a 4!?!?!? Pass blocking grade in last year's postseason

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you forgot but this is a team and fanbase that went 50 years without a super bowl appearance.

The Bengals have won alot of games with Burrow and have gotten a taste of playoff success so maybe going forward it would be a good idea to start acting like you've been there before.
I'm not sure what you mean... I like when teams have rivals and I don't mind when things get a bit chippy. I said I didn't care for some of Cincinnati's shit talking but I understand it happens when teams start facing each other a lot in close games. Were the Chiefs acting like they had been there before when they ran their mouths before the first game? It happens.

And lets be honest - The guys doing the talking don't really know about the histories of the franchise. For anyone that's on the Chiefs roster, they nothing but success. And truthfully, after the last two seasons the same is true for most of the Bengals roster.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are set for a long time.

One guy you don't pay is Mixon though.
I agree. They need a guy that is more affordable and can pass protect. Mixon is a liability if we aren't running the ball which is why Perine was in half the night.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Mahomes and Kelly's name in the same sentence. Unreal.

LOL.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resident Eagles fans are gonna pitch a sh*t fit with my next question, so I'll preface it with: "Yes, the Eagles can win the Super Bowl and are obviously a good team."

But I'm trying to think of a path to the Super Bowl that was easier than theirs this year....Giants at home...and 9ers at home when their 3rd string QB is knocked out in the first drive....Yeesh. I mean, you get what games are given to you, but I can't for the life of me think of a path that was easier.

On another note, I think the Super Bowl is going to be a great game...Granted, I thought the NFC Championships would be too...Has all the makings to be amazing at least. Here's hoping.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resident Eagles fans are gonna pitch a sh*t fit with my next question, so I'll preface it with: "Yes, the Eagles can win the Super Bowl and are obviously a good team."

But I'm trying to think of a path to the Super Bowl that was easier than theirs this year....Giants at home...and 9ers at home when their 3rd string QB is knocked out in the first drive....Yeesh. I mean, you get what games are given to you, but I can't for the life of me think of a path that was easier.

On another note, I think the Super Bowl is going to be a great game...Granted, I thought the NFC Championships would be too...Has all the makings to be amazing at least. Here's hoping.
It was week 4 when I realized this. What took you so long?

NFC had no other good teams. The AFC is weak too, it just has the three QBs (Mahomes, Burrow, Allen).

So we'll see how Gannon can hang with Mahomes, but DLines win championships.