• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread: Conference championships: Jan. 29

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The taqueria-style "super burrito" was invented in the Mission District in SF. They are the real-deal full meal in a flour tortilla. Meat, cheese, beans, crema, rice, pico de gallo, guac. They weigh like three pounds.

Damn that sounds good.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the rest of the week you eat a lot of salads... that's a shit-ton of calories
I'm one of the lucky ones, my metabolism lets me eat all the good stuff and I am at the same weight (6'0" 185 pounds) I've been for decades.

I don't snack much, never eat breakfast, and when I do eat I tend to eat relatively healthy (not a lot of fried and processed shit), and I exercise 1-2 times a week. It helps I don't drink alcohol anymore too, lost 10 pounds immediately when I stopped.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF is where the giant burritos wrapped in tin foil that you eat with your hands (vs on a plate with sauce on top) were invented, they're called "Mission-style" burritos, and are still a lot more prevalent out West. They are glorious (obviously like any food some places make them badly).
There was a place in Mt. View that had great burritos, it was located in the back of a little Mexican grocery store. Used to eat lunch there at least once a week.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF is where the giant burritos wrapped in tin foil that you eat with your hands (vs on a plate with sauce on top) were invented, they're called "Mission-style" burritos, and are still a lot more prevalent out West. They are glorious (obviously like any food some places make them badly).

Oh that's cool. I didn't know those giant burritos were invented there.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a place in Mt. View that had great burritos, it was located in the back of a little Mexican grocery store. Used to eat lunch there at least once a week.
I'm sure there was/is, there are fantastic burrito joints all over the Bay Area, they are cheap and easy to set up. Even the food trucks have good ones.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there was/is, there are fantastic burrito joints all over the Bay Area, they are cheap and easy to set up. Even the food trucks have good ones.
I remember the first time seeing those gigantic flour tortillas the size of a dinner plate...only good things can happen with that.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little holes in the wall are some of the best places to get them... and street tacos. I friggin love el pastor street tacos too.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the lucky ones, my metabolism lets me eat all the good stuff and I am at the same weight (6'0" 185 pounds) I've been for decades.

I don't snack much, never eat breakfast, and when I do eat I tend to eat relatively healthy (not a lot of fried and processed shit), and I exercise 1-2 times a week. It helps I don't drink alcohol anymore too, lost 10 pounds immediately when I stopped.
I don't know you... but I already hate you. I can only splurge like once a week. Otherwise, I carry a spare tire around my waist.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know you... but I already hate you. I can only splurge like once a week. Otherwise, I carry a spare tire around my waist.
YARN | I understand completely. | Spy (2015) | Video clips by quotes |  94104ec2 | 紗

I'm not in top shape though, I have a little paunch, I'm not 25 anymore LOL

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's what they did in 2019 and almost did last year and they just don't care. All the rook has to do is protect the ball and they always have a chance. They will ride their defense and hope the offense does enough to give them breathers and maybe pop a couple plays. I give your boys a slight edge just due to HFA and QB advantage but this thing could go either way with one or two plays.
If we’re being fair, it makes it less likely that the Niners success will ever lead to them closing the deal on a Super Bowl. Their system has essentially devalued the QB position and made it into a plug and play game manager situation. Maybe I’m wrong in the end and Shanahan will close the deal one of these days. But I don’t think so. The last Super Bowl champion that I can recall that hid their QB was the Trent Dilfer Ravens. That was an anomaly at the time it happened and it seems even more unlikely going forward.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we’re being fair, it makes it less likely that the Niners success will ever lead to them closing the deal on a Super Bowl. Their system has essentially devalued the QB position and made it into a plug and play game manager situation. Maybe I’m wrong in the end and Shanahan will close the deal one of these days. But I don’t think so. The last Super Bowl champion that I can recall that hid their QB was the Trent Dilfer Ravens. That was an anomaly at the time it happened and it seems even more unlikely going forward.
I would list the Seahawks of 13-14 as riding the defense too. And the 15 Broncos. Manning was washed and did virtually nothing. They averaged 22 pts and 155 yds passing in those 3 games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would list the Seahawks of 13-14 as riding the defense too. And the 15 Broncos. Manning was washed and did virtually nothing. They averaged 22 pts and 155 yds passing in those 3 games.
Teams can emphasis defense for sure. I would add Big Ben and Brady’s first Super Bowl rings as well. But all of them didn’t hide their QBs. They still had QBs that went out and made plays.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 10 years ago worked with a guy, who when I can into the lunchroom was grabbing something and sitting on the table wrapped, there was a giant burrito where you could wrap to hands around..... See this and making a a word play where "ito" can mean small, I said to him that's not a Burrito that's the whole Burro. :pound:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 10 years ago worked with a guy, who when I can into the lunchroom was grabbing something and sitting on the table wrapped, there was a giant burrito where you could wrap to hands around..... See this and making a a word play where "ito" can mean small, I said to him that's not a Burrito that's the whole Burro. :pound:
First time I took one of my Texas friends to a burrito place he unwrapped the whole thing and asked me how he was supposed to eat it LOL

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If karma was a thing, the Bengals would advance to the super bowl and finally win it because they got hosed in the playoff seeding.

But as a Chiefs fan I'm fully aware the football gods don't give two fucks about karma.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles 49ers game might be higher scoring than everyone expects. Both teams potentially with 30+ points.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles 49ers game might be higher scoring than everyone expects. Both teams potentially with 30+ points.
I got the niners with 30 plus. I think you guys make a slight comeback in the 4th to seem respectable.
34-24, something like that