• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread: Conference championships: Jan. 29

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JESUS CHRIST, who the fuck is singing? I can just picture Simon Cowell saying: "What in the absolute fuck... was that?"

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lame ass prediction is a Eagles / Bengals Super Bowl.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIGHT:suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said this.

He was really good. Is a top 3 QB in the league. But he didn't have an MVP level year, imo. And has yet to do so.

ADJ EPA/PLAY 2022

Mahomes: .306
Allen: .231
Hurts: .225
Burrow: .181

Other Notables

Goff: .194
Prescott: .183
Lawrence: .142

You're using QBwinz now and accusing others of being biased? I mean, ok.

Allen has been pretty excellent the past several years since breaking out. No argument from me. His turnovers put him a clear notch below Mahomes for me. But he's awesome and have all the respect in the world for him.
You can throw whatever stats you want but Maholmes isn't far and away the best QB at this point. I get it he's your QB and as an outsider I see s 2 QBs that have caught up to him. I'm not biased at all since none of the 3 QBs are on my team.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow... Werner is down... Looks like his forearm or elbow got whacked...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't purposely try to injure but you do try to hurt!

I bet if you could ask most NFL players in confidence "Are you purposely trying to injure?" the answer is yes. It increases the odds you win, get to go against a backup, improve your odds of being more successful which translates to MONEY. It's a physical game. Yes nobody wants to see anyone killed or paralyzed for life... but yah... break a leg? YEP, great... all the better.

I know that sounds completely tasteless but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how most players think. "Oh good, so and so tore his ACL. Well, that team doesn't matter now." Again, if you get to the SBOWL or go deep in the playoffs, there's a greater chance you're getting paid. And I'm sure a lot of NFL players have the mentality of: "F that guy, I'm gonna get mine."

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time loss if he’s out

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, don't see it quite that way. I think the Eagles match up better against the 9ers...

You've got a rookie QB traveling across the Country for the first time in the NFL (without his team fan support) in a colder/harsher environment (although I think it's pretty warm today there relatively speaking - but rain) where your defense wont necessarily be able to bail you out as the Eagles have a better all around offense than the Cowboys. Yes, the Eagles wont necessarily contain Kittle as well as the Cowboys, but they can certainly do a better job shutting down your wideouts... The Eagles have been pretty crappy against the run overall but they've gotten better since Davis has returned to the lineup and the Cowboys weren't a ton better.
Re read my post.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re read my post.

UGH, but then I have to scroll up or click pages back... UGGGGGGGGH!...............

Fine okay you're right. It's just too much effort at this point to go find the post and I'm comfortable.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet if you could ask most NFL players in confidence "Are you purposely trying to injure?" the answer is yes. It increases the odds you win, get to go against a backup, improve your odds of being more successful which translates to MONEY. It's a physical game. Yes nobody wants to see anyone killed or paralyzed for life... but yah... break a leg? YEP, great... all the better.

I know that sounds completely tasteless but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how most players think. "Oh good, so and so tore his ACL. Well, that team doesn't matter now." Again, if you get to the SBOWL or go deep in the playoffs, there's a greater chance you're getting paid. And I'm sure a lot of NFL players have the mentality of: "F that guy, I'm gonna get mine."
You purposely try to make your presence known by establishing domination, while inflicting pain... You don't wish for someone to leave the game w/ an injury... You just want them to know that you're coming for them...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bounty gate anyone?:suds:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstead played that angle perfectly with Hurt running outside the pocket...

Glad to see Werner's injury wasn't game ending...