• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread: Conference championships: Jan. 29

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a prop bet for the 1st player to roll up on Mahomes anle?
How about 1st player to slam Kelce in the back?
Yo, I’m not gonna lie. You don’t purposefully try and injure anybody but you know where you need to attack in the context of a football play. That’s all I’m saying.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 healthy teams and this is a coin flip

Eh, don't see it quite that way. I think the Eagles match up better against the 9ers...

You've got a rookie QB traveling across the Country for the first time in the NFL (without his team fan support) in a colder/harsher environment (although I think it's pretty warm today there relatively speaking - but rain) where your defense wont necessarily be able to bail you out as the Eagles have a better all around offense than the Cowboys. Yes, the Eagles wont necessarily contain Kittle as well as the Cowboys, but they can certainly do a better job shutting down your wideouts... The Eagles have been pretty crappy against the run overall but they've gotten better since Davis has returned to the lineup and the Cowboys weren't a ton better.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For bettors here I have a good story about betting and quitting LOL.

Tom Tolbert who played as a off the bench quality power forward, although there were teams who had to use him as a starter (Warriors), who had a good stopping sports betting story. He placed a bet in Vegas (might have been Reno or Tahoe) on the Notre Dame basketball team (this was in the early to late 90's and he was (might still be) sports talk radio guy not bad, and the ND BB team was a 12 or 13 point Dog. So a the story goes they were down more than 13 for most of the Game then made a run at the end of the game but tied it at the buzzer..... Then lost by more than the more than the spread in Overtime Hahahahaha :pound:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs really shouldn't be blitz reliant in this game unless the Bengals really do have solid oline depth. They're down..3? offensive linemen? Should be more similar to last year's matchup (I think the Chiefs Dline got pressure on 40% of throws) as opposed to this years. If its not then the dominos do start falling the Bengals way.

The fundamental issue with the matchup is that generally the Bengals #1 WR is better than the Chiefs #1 CB, the Bengals #2 WR is better than the Chiefs #2 CB, and the Bengals #3 WR is better than the Chiefs #3 CB. I do think Trent McDuffie at least gives them a chance but I know last year with Charvarius Ward he did okay on Chase and Chase just won every. single. time. Ward is in San Fran right now but there is still the idea that Chase can just take over the game by himself so I suspect Spagnuolo cant blitz often.

Ooooh I did forget about all the injuries to the Bengals OL. That's a good point.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom Tolbert who played as a off the bench quality power forward, although there were teams who had to use him as a starter (Warriors), who had a good stopping sports betting story. He placed a bet in Vegas (might have been Reno or Tahoe) on the Notre Dame basketball team (this was in the early to late 90's and he was (might still be) sports talk radio guy not bad, and the ND BB team was a 12 or 13 point Dog. So a the story goes they were down more than 13 for most of the Game then made a run at the end of the game but tied it at the buzzer..... Then lost by more than the more than the spread in Overtime Hahahahaha :pound:
This isn't funny at all....

Am I right @thunderc?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still a sports broadcaster.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers Bengals

Could see a beat down by the 9ers if Purdy comes to play.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooh I did forget about all the injuries to the Bengals OL. That's a good point.
I'd say betting the under is a smart play but I think its already baked in. The game earlier this year could've easily had 60 points and the over/under is 48 for this game

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers Bengals

Could see a beat down by the 9ers if Purdy comes to play.

Not seein' it mah dude... I think the Eagles match up too well against the Niners. Purdy hasn't even traveled outside the West coast this year lol. And it was to Seattle (with one of the worst defenses in the NFL - and Seattle has Niners fans) and Las Vegas (it's an 8 hour drive from SF... nobody in Vegas cared about the Raiders this year, hell half the stadium was red). That's not going to be the case in Philly.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles declared QB Ian Book, RB Trey Sermon, CB Josiah Scott, S Anthony Harris, LB Kyron Johnson, and OL Josh Sills inactive for the NFC Championship Game against the 49ers.​

The Eagles enter Sunday's championship game against the 49ers with a relatively healthy roster. Despite some wear and tear to a handful of key players, the Eagles had full participation in their final practice heading into the weekend, with no player carrying an injury designation.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elijah Mitchell (groin) is inactive for the team's NFC Championship Game against the Eagles.​

Mitchell was held out of practice for the majority of the week but supposedly logged a limited session on Friday per head coach Kyle Shanahan. Despite his best efforts to suit up against the Eagles, the 49ers have ruled out the second-year back for Sunday's championship game. Christian McCaffrey should be in line for a heavy workload, with rookie Jordan Mason likely to serve as his backup. The 49ers also declared QB Jimmy Garoppolo, RB Tyrion Davis-Price, OL Nick Zakelj, DE Drake Jackson, CB Ambry Thomas, and TE Ross Dwelley inactive.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane is one tough son of a bitch.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elijah Mitchell (groin) is inactive for the team's NFC Championship Game against the Eagles.​

Mitchell was held out of practice for the majority of the week but supposedly logged a limited session on Friday per head coach Kyle Shanahan. Despite his best efforts to suit up against the Eagles, the 49ers have ruled out the second-year back for Sunday's championship game. Christian McCaffrey should be in line for a heavy workload, with rookie Jordan Mason likely to serve as his backup. The 49ers also declared QB Jimmy Garoppolo, RB Tyrion Davis-Price, OL Nick Zakelj, DE Drake Jackson, CB Ambry Thomas, and TE Ross Dwelley inactive.

They also have this guy Deebo.