• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting the show finishes before he finishes Winds of Winter. And forget seeing A Dream of Spring anytime this decade.

Most likely. I'm thinking HBO will spin off some kind of prequel/sequel set in the Westeros/Essos universe - maybe that's what Arya's line about 'What's west of Westeros?' was all about.

Don't you think it's nearly impossible for GRRM to be a stream of consciousness guy though? Especially writing a book with so many balls in the air? He's gotta' be a writer who plots out the story completely first, and then writes it. Or nearly completely.

In my meh attempts to write, I've always been the former, letting the stories unfold - but I found it daunting to keep two dozen characters straight, let alone thousands.

So my suspicion is that Benioff and Weiss have at the very least had detailed notes/maps/outlines since day 1, and of course the great turtle's phone #.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see him sitting down and just writing.

A spinoff of The Hedge Knight, and Robert's Rebellion would be two good mini-series for them to do.

And if they want to dig further, Blackfyre Rebellion and The War of the Ninepenny Kings could be done.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see him sitting down and just writing.

A spinoff of The Hedge Knight, and Robert's Rebellion would be two good mini-series for them to do.

And if they want to dig further, Blackfyre Rebellion and The War of the Ninepenny Kings could be done.

There's a ton of mini-series they could do. The Dance of Dragons would be pretty epic. I always thought Dunk and Egg would make for good movies, since GRRM has always wanted to go to theaters.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting the show finishes before he finishes Winds of Winter. And forget seeing A Dream of Spring anytime this decade.

George RR Martin is too busy with more important stuff, such as his fantasy life of playing football for his alma mater, Northwestern.

e07674a0-2bd2-4fde-8287-e4a04c59eee3.jpg

MARTIN_Laurence_Web-600x900.jpg

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're lucky, we'll get Winds of Winter published under his name.

But in the end, the Wheel Of Time wins.

A Dream of Spring is gonna be co-written by someone else after he dies.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Theon's uncle said that he was going to raise an additional fleet of ships and go help the Mother of Dragons transport her army across the water. Of course he also said that he was going to form an alliance by marrying her, which I don't see happening, but I don't necessarily see the need to save the slaver ships. I could see the majority of them burning up next week.

The viewer knows that there could be another source of ships. But Daenerys, Tyrion etc. have no idea that any of the Greyjoys are coming.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible, though unlikely, to get stabbed in the gut 3-4 times and have no vital organs hit. In which case it is possible that Arya suffered basically superficial wounds that reopened in a fairly realistic manner during the chase. She did suffer damage and just made it back to her destination. Also, it would be hard to show the fight when it happened in pitch black.

I suppose it is, but everyone else who gets stabbed in the gut on this show goes down after one wound. And by "goes down" I mean "dies immediately".

I think they could have pulled the fight off, or at the very least done more than cut to black. Maybe cut out the whole Arya miraculously surviving the stabbing and have her set a trap for the Waif? That's what I thought she was doing before she was stabbed. If the point was to show that Arya was "ready", then maybe have her win because she was better and not because the Waif was incompetent?

I'm also not clear on why Arya went back to the House of Black and White to flaunt her kill. As far as she knows they want her dead, and she just lucked out after somebody who wasn't even a Faceless Man yet fucked up on an assassination twice. If I'm her I'd assume that I'd get murdered the second I stepped within 100 feet of their hideout.

What I'm trying to say is, this show is no Full House. It's more like Raising Dad or Surviving Suburbia.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're lucky, we'll get Winds of Winter published under his name.

But in the end, the Wheel Of Time wins.

A Dream of Spring is gonna be co-written by someone else after he dies.

So long as it's someone non-hacktastic, unlike the guys chosen by the Herbert and Jordan families.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm trying to say is, this show is no Full House. It's more like Raising Dad or Surviving Suburbia.

See just when I'm about to write you off, you make me laugh and draw me back in. Bastard!

:)

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it was a solid EP but I was expecting it to be even better.

Luckily, I know next week is gonna be badass. Wow that looks awesome.

Yeah I wouldn't say this was the worst episode in my opinion, but probably the most disappointing. So far this season peaked with the Hodor episode then we got 2 slower set-up episodes. Episode 8 had some pretty epic moments the last couple of seasons and they seemed to be setting things up for another this season. The conclusions of the Riverrun and Braavos stuff was underwhelming to say the least. The Hound stuff wasn't bad but not spectacular. I really hope they finish strong with the next 2 episodes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wouldn't say this was the worst episode in my opinion, but probably the most disappointing. So far this season peaked with the Hodor episode then we got 2 slower set-up episodes. Episode 8 had some pretty epic moments the last couple of seasons and they seemed to be setting things up for another this season. The conclusions of the Riverrun and Braavos stuff was underwhelming to say the least. The Hound stuff wasn't bad but not spectacular. I really hope they finish strong with the next 2 episodes.
Next episode will be the BastardBowl. The last 3 battle episodes have been epic (Kings Landing, Wall and Hardhome) so this one should deliver as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why most are shocked that Arya ended up with advanced healing powers and able to take serious physical punishment. Take a look at the non-human powers her family tree sports.

Sansa is about the only one who hasn't displayed any real gifts out of the Stark children and it's because she too much of a moron to figure them out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's a shame she ends her assassin training so soon. With her gifts, she's be a one person army of destruction by 18.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The viewer knows that there could be another source of ships. But Daenerys, Tyrion etc. have no idea that any of the Greyjoys are coming.

I can only hope that somehow a rumour got through or they just decide not to give a shit and just wipe the slaver's fleet off the fucking map in a reign of dragon fire!

Daeny might have her dragon's back but it is not like she has ultimate control over them. I am sure that they would not mind burning the harbor with slaver blood, but asking them to stop at a predetermined point might be futile.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose it is, but everyone else who gets stabbed in the gut on this show goes down after one wound. And by "goes down" I mean "dies immediately".

I think they could have pulled the fight off, or at the very least done more than cut to black. Maybe cut out the whole Arya miraculously surviving the stabbing and have her set a trap for the Waif? That's what I thought she was doing before she was stabbed. If the point was to show that Arya was "ready", then maybe have her win because she was better and not because the Waif was incompetent?

I'm also not clear on why Arya went back to the House of Black and White to flaunt her kill. As far as she knows they want her dead, and she just lucked out after somebody who wasn't even a Faceless Man yet fucked up on an assassination twice. If I'm her I'd assume that I'd get murdered the second I stepped within 100 feet of their hideout.

Realistically, most people are in serious trouble with multiple stab wounds to the gut but I have heard of people taking like 12 or more and not being seriously hurt so it is entirely feasible. The Hound was cut to shit and back and still has returned for more fun!

Why did she go back? Yeah, it seemed kinda stupid but it is the "Hollywood" way of doing things. I suppose that you could say that the Faceless Man wants her to succeed so he was not bothered to take her out at this point?

I have no f-n idea what Raising Dad or Surviving Suburbia are, so I just have to assume that this is just more sour grapes from you because they didn't cast Bob Saget as Ramsay Bolton.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, most people are in serious trouble with multiple stab wounds to the gut but I have heard of people taking like 12 or more and not being seriously hurt so it is entirely feasible. The Hound was cut to shit and back and still has returned for more fun!

Why did she go back? Yeah, it seemed kinda stupid but it is the "Hollywood" way of doing things. I suppose that you could say that the Faceless Man wants her to succeed so he was not bothered to take her out at this point?

I have no f-n idea what Raising Dad or Surviving Suburbia are, so I just have to assume that this is just more sour grapes from you because they didn't cast Bob Saget as Ramsay Bolton.

Some of Bob Saget's lesser known works. Still mind-blowingly hilarious. Just not quite the genius of Full House.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya had to go back to the House of Black & White. The Faceless God was promised a new face for the wall. Arya of course was taking a chance going back but she'd be taking a bigger chance by not giving Man-E-Faces his face.

The Ironborn have to be the one's to save Dany and Meereen. What other reason would there be for Dany to work with Yara and Theon? I mean she sure as hell won't marry Reek! After the Ironborn attack from behind I think the Slavers surrender before all the ships are destroyed.

Ramsey will die this week and it will leave us all disappointed. I think Bran makes it to Winterfell before the season is out. Maybe not this week. The Knights of the Vale of course are coming to help Sansa. I think Jamie sends Edmure and the Tully army north also to help Brienne.