• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're going to see a bit of a purge of characters over these last 3 episodes. I think the Waif is as good as gone tonight with it looking like this will be the climax of Arya's storyline for the season. Probably not the last we'll see of her face though.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lady Olenna get killed tonight either before she can get out of King's Landing. Only question is will it be at the Faith's hands or Cersei/The Mountain. I suspect whoever does it will try to fool the Tyrells into thinking it was the other.

A lot of people think Lancel could get killed by Mountain tonight but I think Jamie will eventually kill Lancel after he finds out that his sister cheated on him with his cousin.

The Haircut is fucking dead. She's a terrible face-less man anyway.

If Olenna does end up dying, at least she got in one more sick series of burns.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew disemboweling a girl would turn her into Tony Jaa/Jackie Chan?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously LOL'D when Tommen declared Trial by Combats are not a valid means of court.

This episode could have been called "HypeSlayer"

No CleganeBowl, no Lady Stoneheart, Arya was Arya (not some crazy theory that it was Jaqen who was stabbed), Syrio is not a Faceless Man.

I think it's pretty abundantly clear. The Hound is joining the Red God, there's no more Trial by Combats, Berric is still alive.

I'm totally okay with this too. The show doesn't have time to keep introducing these new plot points. There's only 15 episodes left, they need to keep things in motion. Introducing Euron even seems like it might not be a great idea at this point.

Very good episode regardless. Jaime handled Riverrun similarly to the books, keeping to his oaths to Catlyn. The scene with him and Edmure was probably my favorite. Dany's finally back, and they're under siege! Very surprised they went that route. The three Dragons are going to burn the shit out of that fleet. Arya fucking Stark is back and headed to Westros. That was a pretty bad-ass scene with the Haircut. Cersei is straight fucked, but I can't remember what she had Qyburn on the look out for. Was it Wildfire? I'll have to look it up, maybe we're not supposed to know yet. Glad those Brotherhood members were just out of line and not some weird change of direction. I speculated Lady Stoneheart because that was the only explanation I could give them. Rouge brothers works just fine, as the Brotherhood still seems to be fighting for the same cause.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good episode but I think I was expecting a bit more for the 8th episode. Pretty much anyone I talked to or reviews I read/watched loved that final scene with Arya. I really didn't think it was anything special, but that's just me. I like how Arya asked what is west of Westeros. Possible foreshadowing for a Euron shortcut to Slaver's Bay?

No trial by combat is a big time game changer. That doesn't bode well for Cersei but I suspect it's even worse news for a certain cousin of hers who is a key witness against her.

I actually kind of enjoyed the Tyrion, Missandei, and Grey Worm scene.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously LOL'D when Tommen declared Trial by Combats are not a valid means of court.

This episode could have been called "HypeSlayer"

No CleganeBowl, no Lady Stoneheart, Arya was Arya (not some crazy theory that it was Jaqen who was stabbed), Syrio is not a Faceless Man.

I think it's pretty abundantly clear. The Hound is joining the Red God, there's no more Trial by Combats, Berric is still alive.

I'm totally okay with this too. The show doesn't have time to keep introducing these new plot points. There's only 15 episodes left, they need to keep things in motion. Introducing Euron even seems like it might not be a great idea at this point.

Very good episode regardless. Jaime handled Riverrun similarly to the books, keeping to his oaths to Catlyn. The scene with him and Edmure was probably my favorite. Dany's finally back, and they're under siege! Very surprised they went that route. The three Dragons are going to burn the shit out of that fleet. Arya fucking Stark is back and headed to Westros. That was a pretty bad-ass scene with the Haircut. Cersei is straight fucked, but I can't remember what she had Qyburn on the look out for. Was it Wildfire? I'll have to look it up, maybe we're not supposed to know yet. Glad those Brotherhood members were just out of line and not some weird change of direction. I speculated Lady Stoneheart because that was the only explanation I could give them. Rouge brothers works just fine, as the Brotherhood still seems to be fighting for the same cause.

I don't think we're supposed to know yet what Qyburn was looking into. If I had to guess I'd say it relates to Wildfire or that Olenna Tyrell is responsible for Joffrey's murder.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we're supposed to know yet what Qyburn was looking into. If I had to guess I'd say it relates to Wildfire or that Olenna Tyrell is responsible for Joffrey's murder.

Shot in the dark: Wildfire under the Sept (and many more places), Cersei is gonna light that shit.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot in the dark: Wildfire under the Sept (and many more places), Cersei is gonna light that shit.

Yup! Possibly even under the Throne Room as well. Remember Dany's vision in the House of the Undying of the Throne Room being pretty much destroyed. If this happens Bran's vision will have foreshadowed it as well.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good episode but I think I was expecting a bit more for the 8th episode. Pretty much anyone I talked to or reviews I read/watched loved that final scene with Arya. I really didn't think it was anything special, but that's just me. I like how Arya asked what is west of Westeros. Possible foreshadowing for a Euron shortcut to Slaver's Bay?

No trial by combat is a big time game changer. That doesn't bode well for Cersei but I suspect it's even worse news for a certain cousin of hers who is a key witness against her.

Yeah I was expecting a lot more coming into this episode, but I'm glad it can still surprise me. Maybe a better word is I expected it to go differently.

I thought that final scene was pretty cool, especially how she cut off the face herself. All the other faces are nice and neat, but her was just dripping, messy, all the eyelids and lips cut off. Just looked really cool.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is ARYA Wolverine??
Does she have some superhuman healing factor??

Her ability to shrug off crippling and life threatening physical damage was glossed over as no big thing.

I understand she is a main character and it is a fantasy genre with actual magical resurrections...

But showing her ability to survive multiple stab wounds, fall down about 10 flights of stairs, and leave about 5 gallons of blood all over the city while fighting off one of the elite super assassins seemed out of character with the show's realism at times.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is ARYA Wolverine??

Her ability to shrug off crippling and life threatening physical damage was glossed over as no big thing.

I understand she is a main character and it is a fantasy genre with actual magical resurrections...

But showing her ability to survive multiple stab wounds, fall down about 10 flights of stairs, and leave about 5 gallons of blood all over the city while fighting off one of the elite super assassins seemed out of character with the show's realism at times.

Lady Crane is one damn good healer.

For real though, there were moments they reminded you she was fucking stabbed and it was effecting (affecting?) her, but then she's parkouring all over Braavos. When she got to the House of Black and White, she probably did actually magically heal herself with the same stuff that cured her blindness.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is ARYA Wolverine??

Yeah. I almost expected her to get out of the situation by hiding under a dumpster. That whole situation was ridiculous.

And man, the Waif is a retard. How does getting ordered to give Arya a quick death turn into stabbing her multiple times in the gut and then chasing her halfway across the city the next day? All that and we don't even see Arya finish the fight.

Maybe there's a reason for that. There's a theory that Arya is the Waif and we have a Fight Club situation going on here. Maybe the Waif was supposed to fail. There's no way a Faceless Man would be that bad at killing someone.

Probably not though. Since we passed the books everything has gotten much more straight forward and less complex. Assuming there is something else going here is giving the writers too much credit. I really don't know how some of this shit get approved. How they managed to fuck so much of this stuff up is crazy. The Arya storyline was the worst part but everything else this week was also pretty god damn goofy.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens with the Tully forces now? Prisoners? Under the Frey's command? Or could part of the deal been that they will head North and help Brienne and Sansa?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens with the Tully forces now? Prisoners? Under the Frey's command? Or could part of the deal been that they will head North and help Brienne and Sansa?

Probably pardoned, able to return to their homes, maybe pay some sort of tribute.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I almost expected her to get out of the situation by hiding under a dumpster. That whole situation was ridiculous.

And man, the Waif is a retard. How does getting ordered to give Arya a quick death turn into stabbing her multiple times in the gut and then chasing her halfway across the city the next day? All that and we don't even see Arya finish the fight.

Maybe there's a reason for that. There's a theory that Arya is the Waif and we have a Fight Club situation going on here. Maybe the Waif was supposed to fail. There's no way a Faceless Man would be that bad at killing someone.

Probably not though. Since we passed the books everything has gotten much more straight forward and less complex. Assuming there is something else going here is giving the writers too much credit. I really don't know how some of this shit get approved. How they managed to fuck so much of this stuff up is crazy. The Arya storyline was the worst part but everything else this week was also pretty god damn goofy.
I think the faceless man was training her to become what Arya has become. Judging by the look on his face at the end. maybe using her to kill someone else down the line, when she returns to her main land. Always seems to be a reason.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, it was a solid EP but I was expecting it to be even better.

Luckily, I know next week is gonna be badass. Wow that looks awesome.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for next week's episode. I will be very disappointed if it doesn't end in Ramsay suffering a horrible death.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh ffs. GRRM is up to his eyeballs overseeing the writing of the fvcking TV show. The showrunners have known the broad strokes of where Martin was going for YEARS, and have access to him all the time for current updates/feedback. Add in all Martin's stupid side projects he refuses to dump, and you have one really really late fucking book.

Why'd the Waif play it like that instead of just giving her a 'quick death?' Because she hated her, right from jump. It was personal for her. Because she was going to get the status that the Waif wasn't.

And no she wasn't 'supposed' to fail. How would that work? But Jaquen bet that Arya would win. That was obvious from jump. Why'd he invest all the time and energy in her from the get-go, only to waste it by having her killed? The FM now have a highly placed asset who will walk the corridors of power in Westeros.

Of course I'll have to wait to see, but i'm betting that GRRM waxes poetic for pages after page, over several chapters of book, on how Arya survives her injuries.

There's (here I go agaaaaain) not any time for that in a TV show. So we get the condensed version where she sleeps for a couple of days and is miraculously healed by the actress. <shrug> Oh well. Not any different from any typical Bond movie, or cop actioner, where the protagonist takes all kinds of beatings/shootings/bludgeonings/stabbings and shrugs them off and stays in the game. Every time an action hero walks away from a car accident involving flipping is likewise 100% ridiculous. Every time a hero clips someone on the back of the head to knock them unconscious is ridiculous.

Suspension of disbelief baby.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the faceless man was training her to become what Arya has become. Judging by the look on his face at the end. maybe using her to kill someone else down the line, when she returns to her main land. Always seems to be a reason.

Access to the highest corridors of power in Westeros. Privy to the secrets of one of the great houses of the North.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably pardoned, able to return to their homes, maybe pay some sort of tribute.
Their houses will have to give up hostages, to help ensure they don't rise up again.