• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, this episode looks fire. Can't wait to see the Mountain fuck up some Sparrows.

I've noticed the Mountain has some dents in his armor from a fight that he clearly won, maybe even a one-vs.-one with Lancel (LOL!)

Here's the Mountain's armor from a promotional pic this week:

View attachment 126327

Here's the Mountain from a couple weeks ago:

View attachment 126328

And here's Lancel with his weapon of choice:

View attachment 126329

Notice the dent in Ser Strong's armor? Looks like Lancel, or another Sparrow (a few carry the same weapon) had a moment of bravery. Can't imagine they lasted long after that.

Get your stomach's ready boys and girls, this is going to be a brutal one.
It was at least someone with a weapon like that. And it's not just a dent.

The weapon Lancel has is pointed, and widens out at the polearm. Look at the pattern, and the width of the damage for each of the 4 on his chest piece, So whoever hit the mountain with one buried ita good 5 inches into his chest

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, this episode looks fire. Can't wait to see the Mountain fuck up some Sparrows.

I've noticed the Mountain has some dents in his armor from a fight that he clearly won, maybe even a one-vs.-one with Lancel (LOL!)

Here's the Mountain's armor from a promotional pic this week:

View attachment 126327

Here's the Mountain from a couple weeks ago:

View attachment 126328

And here's Lancel with his weapon of choice:

View attachment 126329

Notice the dent in Ser Strong's armor? Looks like Lancel, or another Sparrow (a few carry the same weapon) had a moment of bravery. Can't imagine they lasted long after that.

Get your stomach's ready boys and girls, this is going to be a brutal one.

Nah man, we're heading for Clegane Bowl and it's going to be fucking epic.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all truthfullness, while she does not look like much there, I do think she look pretty damn good as a platinum blonde. She should sport that look all of the time!

It's just a bad picture. Her body is totally banging regardless of hair color.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some substance enhanced thinking today and I figured out what's gonna happen to Ramsay Bolton. Lady Mormont is gonna kill him "The Battle of the Bastards". They showed that she's accompanying her 62 men to the army so why bother to show her unless she's got some other role to play? And we also know she's a badass. I'm thinking Ramsay is about to kill Jon Snow during the battle when Mormont saves his ass by slaughtering Ramsay. Why? Because her name is Lyanna, named after Jon's real mother (which is gonna be revealed in the episode via the Tower of Joy flashback via Bran). SYNERGY

BOOM

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that's from the Trial by Combat. I think that's just some Sparrows trying to go somewhere Cersei doesn't want them and she sends the Mountain on them.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some substance enhanced thinking today and I figured out what's gonna happen to Ramsay Bolton. Lady Mormont is gonna kill him "The Battle of the Bastards". They showed that she's accompanying her 62 men to the army so why bother to show her unless she's got some other role to play? And we also know she's a badass. I'm thinking Ramsay is about to kill Jon Snow during the battle when Mormont saves his ass by slaughtering Ramsay. Why? Because her name is Lyanna, named after Jon's real mother (which is gonna be revealed in the episode via the Tower of Joy flashback via Bran). SYNERGY

BOOM

She's like 4' tall and weighs 65 pounds. She's not killing Bolton. Osha couldn't do it, and she was a badass too.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Though FWIW, I don't see how the show is headed toward CelganeBowl at this point. Sando has ZERO connection to the Faith, how could they name him as their champion, especially if Cersei's trial is this season?

As much as I'd like to see it, I'm not sure how it'll happen. Obviously, this episode will be a big tell.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the others re: CleganeBowl. It will likely happen next season, and have nothing to do with Cersei's trial. Hound is too caught up with the BwoB right now anyway.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOOM

I'm hoping he gets flayed. How bad ass would that be to end the season, actually seeing him get skinned. I don't mean implying it or showing the aftermath, actually seeing him get flayed, experiencing the unconscionable pain.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the others re: CleganeBowl. It will likely happen next season, and have nothing to do with Cersei's trial. Hound is too caught up with the BwoB right now anyway.

Keep in mind, there's still 3 episodes left, which can cover a ton of plot. I have a theory: The Hound is the bastard son of Tywin Lannister. Follow me here:

1. Maggie's Prophecy said Cersei would die at the hand of her younger brother. Tyrion is probably not Tywins and Jamie is too obvious.

2. The Clegane's worked for the Lannisters for years.

3. After the Mountain burned up the Hound's face, his father lied and said his bed accidentally caught on fire. Might he have known The Hound wasn't his?

4. The Hound wins the Trial by Combat, leading to Cersei's death.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though FWIW, I don't see how the show is headed toward CelganeBowl at this point. Sando has ZERO connection to the Faith, how could they name him as their champion, especially if Cersei's trial is this season?

As much as I'd like to see it, I'm not sure how it'll happen. Obviously, this episode will be a big tell.

He doesn't have to be connected to the faith to fight for them. They made it very clear last week, he was kept alive due to his hatred, presumably for the Mountain.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When/how did the BWOB become evil? I thought they were out to protect the people? Hoping they go deeper into that tonight.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind, there's still 3 episodes left, which can cover a ton of plot. I have a theory: The Hound is the bastard son of Tywin Lannister. Follow me here:

1. Maggie's Prophecy said Cersei would die at the hand of her younger brother. Tyrion is probably not Tywins and Jamie is too obvious.

3. After the Mountain burned up the Hound's face, his father lied and said his bed accidentally caught on fire. Might he have known The Hound wasn't his?

Assuming your theory is accurate...

If Hound would qualify as Cersei's brother, than so would Tyrian. Both are 1/2 brothers (Tyrian in more ways than 1).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When/how did the BWOB become evil? I thought they were out to protect the people? Hoping they go deeper into that tonight.
A few theories...

1) There is a new leader who is focused on pure revenge. (This is my belief)

2) Those guys were not actually with the BwoB.

3) Their action was not sanctioned by the BwoB.

4) Those guys were not, in fact, the ones who slaughtered Ray and his followers. (Highly doubtful)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hound doesn't need to be related to Cersei to be the Valonqar.

The Valonqar (which is a book-only thing, Maggy's prophecy didn't include the Valonqar in the show) is gender neutral and wasn't directed at Cersei. It was stated as "the Valonqar" which means "the younger sibling" and that leaves the door open for many, many characters. The hot one is that the Hound kills his older brother the Mountain in CleganeBowl, which leads to Cersei's death. The reason I don't like this is Cersei's children all must die before she does, then "the Valonqar" (not her Valonqar) kills her. Well, if Tommen dies before her trial (CleganeBowl), Cersei sure ain't as shit goin through with her trial, she's going to burn down Kings Landing and go on a rampage and die in the process. She has nothing to live for after that, so what's the point.

Since it doesn't exist in the show, I still think the Valonqar is Jaime. Cersei is going to be killing innocent people in Kings Landing, and Jaime is going to be the one to put her down, like the Mad King.

The Hound being Tywin's bastard son doesn't make narrative sense, also beside the fact that he looks nothing like Tywin or a Lannister.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're going to see a bit of a purge of characters over these last 3 episodes. I think the Waif is as good as gone tonight with it looking like this will be the climax of Arya's storyline for the season. Probably not the last we'll see of her face though.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lady Olenna get killed tonight either before she can get out of King's Landing. Only question is will it be at the Faith's hands or Cersei/The Mountain. I suspect whoever does it will try to fool the Tyrells into thinking it was the other.

A lot of people think Lancel could get killed by Mountain tonight but I think Jamie will eventually kill Lancel after he finds out that his sister cheated on him with his cousin.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to be connected to the faith to fight for them. They made it very clear last week, he was kept alive due to his hatred, presumably for the Mountain.

I think you have to be connected to the Faith. Not 100% sure, but close. Even so, how the hell will the High Sparrow know where he is? The Hound is off to kill some Brotherhood members who he hates too, and this could last a couple episodes.

My money is on Loras fighting in the books.... maybe even in the show too.

Last edited:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few theories...

1) There is a new leader who is focused on pure revenge. (This is my belief)

2) Those guys were not actually with the BwoB.

3) Their action was not sanctioned by the BwoB.

4) Those guys were not, in fact, the ones who slaughtered Ray and his followers. (Highly doubtful)

I'm thinking 1 as well, and I think the show have made these guys a little more evil to make Sandor a sort of "Anti-Hero". And to set up a huge conflict of interests if the new boss is introduced...