• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking confirmed. Get Hype.

I agree, re: Dany. I kinda rolled my eyes when Darrio said "1000 ships", threw in the "at least" as to not make it blatantly obvious. But still kinda silly.

I think we're getting Lady Stoneheart. Didn't think they would ever do it, but the time is ripe. People are coming back from the dead left and right, especially those affiliated with Starks. The Freys are back, the Riverlands are back, the BHwB are back. If Walder Frey mentioned anything about Frey's hanging, it would be 100000% confirmed

I think/hope you are right about Stoneheart. I think they just wanted to mix the order up a bit and have John be resurrected first. Even though everyone knew it was coming, it would have made it even more obvious if Stoneheart was resurrected first. So does Jon coming back first take away some of the shock from Lady Stoneheart's return? Probably a bit but to a lesser extent. She's been gone for 3 seasons and people have moved on from the Red Wedding. Even with Jon's resurrection, I don't think many non-booker readers that avoid spoilers will see it coming. And she'll come back as a much creepier character than Jon did.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually forgot to mention what was probably my favorite part of the episode. Getting a quick glimpe of The Mad King in Bran's flashback. I definitely hope to see more of that along with the rest of the Tower of Joy, and maybe even the tournament at Harrenhall.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Emilia Clarke is a notorious prankster on the set of GoT. Here is a video of her spreading caramel all over actor Joe Naufahu while he was trying to take a nap between shootings.

naufahu_clarke_675.jpg

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Sam. Book Sam is a great character. I hate TV Sam. And he is a completely different character, IMO.

Speaking of totally different characters and Dolorous Edd, he's by far my favorite book character. In the books he's like the only comic relief, and he's hilarious. In the show he's just kind of generic.

And btw I don't think Dany is safe to see the end. Jon and Arya are the two that have "happily ever after" in store for them. Dany could but I could also see one final plot twist needless death once it looks like it's all over. JMO

Other than not getting near as much screen time (no choice on that) I don't see how he's fundamentally different at all. A scared man trying to overcome his fears.

As for Dany, it's fire vs ice. She's the fire. So she'll be at the end. Without the dragons, the WW win in a walk.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than not getting near as much screen time (no choice on that) I don't see how he's fundamentally different at all. A scared man trying to overcome his fears.

As for Dany, it's fire vs ice. She's the fire. So she'll be at the end. Without the dragons, the WW win in a walk.

He's fundamentally different from the ground up. In the book he's scared and trying to do the right thing. He's scared but stands up to and kills a white walker. He's scared but stands up to his own brothers to defend a woman from getting raped. He's scared but crosses an ocean to go to the citadel and do what he's ordered. In the books if he steals Daddy's sword at some point, it will be because he finds out Vallyrian Steel is thebultimate weapon to kill white walkers.
In the show he kills a white walker to save the first woman to ever pay attention to him. He saves the love of his life from rapists and then breaks his vows banging her himself. He ignores his duties and going to old town in order to take "his family" to his parents house. And then throws away that duty to go to the citadel because daddy is mean to his girl. And he steals his dad's sword on the way out the door as his petty act of vengeance.

He's not a terrible person by any means. And even if his motives aren't as pure on the show he still does all of the same right things albeit for different reasons. But you can't seriously say he's the same person at all.

Oh and it's the song of Ice AND Fire. Arya is the ice. Dany is the fire. Jon is the Ice AND the Fire. And "The Dragon has three heads."

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the best episode this season but certainly not a bad one in my opinion. The ending was a bit of a letdown though. How fortunate for the Greyjoys that Dany just happens to need 1000 ships.

I hope we get to see more of Randyll Tarley. If so he could be one of my new favorites.

Being reintroduced to Benjen was cool. Nice to finally see the Freys again too. Walder had some good lines. Bronn's existence is finally acknowledged. I'm guessing Jamie will bring him with him to Riverrun.

Pretty sure Lancel isn't going to fight the Mountain as the Faith's champion.
Cleganebowl seems very likely, especially given next episode's title.

Lancel, or do you think Tommen steps into the right with the Mountain?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably add in 'Excalibur,' to your list.

There's a Bingo. Curiously, one of those great movies forgotten by many.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fundamentally different from the ground up. In the book he's scared and trying to do the right thing. He's scared but stands up to and kills a white walker. He's scared but stands up to his own brothers to defend a woman from getting raped. He's scared but crosses an ocean to go to the citadel and do what he's ordered. In the books if he steals Daddy's sword at some point, it will be because he finds out Vallyrian Steel is thebultimate weapon to kill white walkers.
In the show he kills a white walker to save the first woman to ever pay attention to him. He saves the love of his life from rapists and then breaks his vows banging her himself. He ignores his duties and going to old town in order to take "his family" to his parents house. And then throws away that duty to go to the citadel because daddy is mean to his girl. And he steals his dad's sword on the way out the door as his petty act of vengeance.

He's not a terrible person by any means. And even if his motives aren't as pure on the show he still does all of the same right things albeit for different reasons. But you can't seriously say he's the same person at all.

Oh and it's the song of Ice AND Fire. Arya is the ice. Dany is the fire. Jon is the Ice AND the Fire. And "The Dragon has three heads."

We've had the discussion about him getting his dick wet before. I don't get your antipathy towards that. He's human and flawed - the book is endlessly filled with flawed characters trying to be better and either failing or succeeding on various levels. He still did heroic things in the TV show, he just got laid.

Why that bugs you so much is puzzling.

How do you know he's throwing away his chance for the Citadel?

He's still going there, he's just taking the wife and kid with him. And the sword. GRRM is HEAVILY involved in the way the TV show is written so while the details may differ, the end results will still be the same.

He's going to the CItadel, and will be instrumental in how things play out.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His father's behavior goes a bit beyond being 'mean,' btw. His father has nothing but comtempt for him, even in the books. He didn't send him to the wall to toughen him up, he sent him to the Wall to die.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that scene where the writer of the play gets super defensive about his writing and tells the actress she has no right to an opinion because he's been doing it his whole life? Anything we should read between the lines there? D&D having some fun fucking with us?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that scene where the writer of the play gets super defensive about his writing and tells the actress she has no right to an opinion because he's been doing it his whole life? Anything we should read between the lines there? D&D having some fun fucking with us?

I thought that was pretty funny. An "in - joke" kinda scene.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to the CItadel, and will be instrumental in how things play out.
He might pass through the Citadel/Oldtown for a day.

But he's going right back to the wall with that sword, and the Tarly army is following him.

There's not enough time left in the series for him to spend any time doing a maester's montage.

I dunno if it's been said already here, but Samwell Tarly is clearly the Samwise Gamjee to Jon's Frodo. And Martin's own version of what the real hero is. He'll be just as critical a piece in the end.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if it's been said already here, but Samwell Tarly is clearly the Samwise Gamjee to Jon's Frodo.

I honestly have no idea what you've said here. I am not a LOTR fan at all. However, I do like the Sam/Wildling/asshole father/clueless and obvious cannon fodder other son storyline...it has taken me awhile, but Gilly has won me over.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no idea what you've said here. I am not a LOTR fan at all. However, I do like the Sam/Wildling/asshole father/clueless and obvious cannon fodder other son storyline...it has taken me awhile, but Gilly has won me over.

He's the quiet non-hero who plays second fiddle, but in reality is just as heroic.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might pass through the Citadel/Oldtown for a day.

But he's going right back to the wall with that sword, and the Tarly army is following him.

There's not enough time left in the series for him to spend any time doing a maester's montage.

I dunno if it's been said already here, but Samwell Tarly is clearly the Samwise Gamjee to Jon's Frodo. And Martin's own version of what the real hero is. He'll be just as critical a piece in the end.

GRRM has to resolve all the Oldtown balls he has in the air quickly too, so while I expect some kind of shorthand (ala what we just saw with the Iron Islanders), Oldtown will still play a role, and I suspect play a role in Sam's becoming who he's going to end up being.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the dude brought to Frey?

Edmure Tully (Catelyn Stark's younger brother and heir to Riverrun). He is the one who actually got married in the Red Wedding before it became red.

They're going to parade him infront of his uncle, The Blackfish, in hopes that he will yield back the castle...but, I do suspect they've got another thing coming to them. :)

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hate the last episode, but it was one of those necessary filler episodes that just moves along the plot.

Had to know Coldhands/BenJen (or someone) was going to come to Bran's rescue. He isn't getting taken out by random ice zombie #5.

I didn't go check out the next episode's title yet, but if it's foreshadowing what I think it is, then I'm pumper. :yes:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hate the last episode, but it was one of those necessary filler episodes that just moves along the plot.

Had to know Coldhands/BenJen (or someone) was going to come to Bran's rescue. He isn't getting taken out by random ice zombie #5.

I didn't go check out the next episode's title yet, but if it's foreshadowing what I think it is, then I'm pumper. :yes:

The title is "The Broken Man" which may or may not be an allusion to a certain novice brother of the quiet isles who was walking with a limp and digging graves.