• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One episode? That's all we get of McShane?

Another pure set-up episode, but it setup a lot.

Why show Meereen in the opening sequence (where Meereen is not featured), but not Pentos (isn't that were the Greyjoys are?)?

Lady Mortmont is a bad ass.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ain't nothing but a hound dog.

Dying all the time.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One episode? That's all we get of McShane?

Another pure set-up episode, but it setup a lot.

Why show Meereen in the opening sequence (where Meereen is not featured), but not Pentos (isn't that were the Greyjoys are?)?

That was Volantis, the city where Jorah took Tyrion at the brothel. But yeah, your point stands. I think Mereen has been featured in the opening ever since Daenerys first arrived there whether it was in the episode or not.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see this going well for the Greyjoy's @ Meereen. They don't have anywhere near the amount of ships for Daenerys to bring her army over...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those guys were really from the Brotherhood, they either weren't acting under orders or Beric Dondarion has been replaced as their leader. I'm hoping they have a new leader. But even then I'm not sure what that attack would have to do with the rumored new leader's agenda.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where I recognized it from, I just thought that was Pentos.

Maybe the opening sequence doesn't correspond to what will be featured, but where the major/key characters are located?

Opening sequence...
Kings Landing
Riverrun
Winterfell (not featured)
Wall (not featured)
Braavos
Meereen (not featured)

Featured, not in opening...

Volantis
Bear Island
Deepwood Motte
Quiet Isle (??)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those guys were really from the Brotherhood, they either weren't acting under orders or Beric Dondarion has been replaced as their leader. I'm hoping they have a new leader. But even then I'm not sure what that attack would have to do with the rumored new leader's agenda.
Do we know anything about Ian McShanes past?

Maybe he has past run-ins with the rumored leader?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why leave with that Arya cliffhanger? We all know she's not going to die or else that Braavos story was just a gigantic waste of time. I'm not convinced she's even hurt that bad considering how she was able to swim ashore, get up, and walk around after multiple stab wounds to the gut.

Seems like Sansa probably sent that letter to call the Knights of the Vale to her side. If they can travel as fast as Littlefinger can they'll meat up with her next episode.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why leave with that Arya cliffhanger? We all know she's not going to die or else that Braavos story was just a gigantic waste of time. I'm not convinced she's even hurt that bad considering how she was able to swim ashore, get up, and walk around after multiple stab wounds to the gut.

Seems like Sansa probably sent that letter to call the Knights of the Vale to her side. If they can travel as fast as Littlefinger can they'll meat up with her next episode.
Hasn't the poor girl been through enough already? Now you want an entire army to meat her?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More setups, not that much action, but overall not that bad of an episode either.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a good actor, I thought for sure that meant he had a big part to play. I was actually considering that we might be meeting the new high septon, for once the sparrow steps on too many toes. Guess I was wrong about that one.

Sansa pretty much has to marry the Hound. That dude has Stark luck already.

Speaking of Stark luck... My poor girl Arya. I saw that one coming a mile away, how did she not? That looked like a pretty deadly wound even with modern medicine, I wonder how they're gonna have her survive that. Even surviving that's the kind of injury you're in bed for months.

Speaking of Sansa... Damn that girl is gonna try and fuck everything up yet. She needs to tell Jon whatever she's planning with Littlefinger. Not go behind his back.

And finally speaking of Jon... The show writers either refuse to admit Jon is the main protagonist of this series, or are just too dumb to get out of their own way. I remember in the first couple seasons being annoyed that while the books portray him as incredibly capable and highly skilled almost perfect even. Definitely a Marty Stu/Mary Sue type character. The show had always kind of portrayed him as somehow "less." But things had started coming around and he had finally started looking like a great leader of men. Then this season he has gone back to kind of being whiny and now when it finally came time to prove himself a worthwhile leader and show that he was capable of being King of the North or at least leading the Mormonts to retake Winterfell, he ended up just standing around and looking useless.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a good actor, I thought for sure that meant he had a big part to play. I was actually considering that we might be meeting the new high septon, for once the sparrow steps on too many toes. Guess I was wrong about that one.

Speaking of Stark luck... My poor girl Arya. I saw that one coming a mile away, how did she not? That looked like a pretty deadly wound even with modern medicine, I wonder how they're gonna have her survive that. Even surviving that's the kind of injury you're in bed for months.

Speaking of Sansa... Damn that girl is gonna try and fuck everything up yet. She needs to tell Jon whatever she's planning with Littlefinger. Not go behind his back.

And finally speaking of Jon... The show writers either refuse to admit Jon is the main protagonist of this series, or are just too dumb to get out of their own way. I remember in the first couple seasons being annoyed that while the books portray him as incredibly capable and highly skilled almost perfect even. Definitely a Marty Stu/Mary Sue type character. The show had always kind of portrayed him as somehow "less." But things had started coming around and he had finally started looking like a great leader of men. Then this season he has gone back to kind of being whiny and now when it finally came time to prove himself a worthwhile leader and show that he was capable of being King of the North or at least leading the Mormonts to retake Winterfell, he ended up just standing around and looking useless.

So what should he have done to convince them?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I don't get is why they didn't try the White Walker angle with House Glover. Jon used it to convince the Wildlings, Davos used it to convince House Mormont, so instead of sticking to a wining formula, let's let Sansa play the oath card after it failed on Lady Mormont. :L

I get that for the story to advance the way it did, the Glovers can't join and maybe Sanda has to experience some kind of failure to seek out Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale. But she could have at least made the pitch and had Lord Glover give some sort of reply how White Walkers have been dead for thousands of years and doesn't believe the stories about them coming back.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that's gotten lost in the TV show is just how horrific it is for the average peasant type in Westeros. How armed bands of thugs do pretty much anything they want.

This is the backdrop for how the Sparrows come to power, because the traditional 'powers' aren't doing what they're supposed to as their part of the social contract.

At any rate, those guys saying they were worshippers of the Lord of Light doesn't mean that they were Dondarion's crew. It just means that they're another group of wandering thugs with swords.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is why they didn't try the White Walker angle with House Glover. Jon used it to convince the Wildlings, Davos used it to convince House Mormont, so instead of sticking to a wining formula, let's let Sansa play the oath card after it failed on Lady Mormont. :L

I get that for the story to advance the way it did, the Glovers can't join and maybe Sanda has to experience some kind of failure to seek out Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale. But she could have at least made the pitch and had Lord Glover give some sort of reply how White Walkers have been dead for thousands of years and doesn't believe the stories about them coming back.

Most of Westeros doesn't believe in the WW's. GRRM repeats the scoffing line, 'What's next, grumpkins and snarks?' everytime someone brings up the walkers.

Even the Northern Houses don't all believe in them. They see the peril beyond the wall as 100% the Wildlings, and with Jon having them on his side, most of the North is going to look on them sceptically.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And obviously the Faceless men (Jacqen particularly) aren't done with 'a girl' yet.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys called it with the grave digger thing. Totally think I know who Sansa was writing but I have no idea if its a bad thing or a good thing