• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title is "The Broken Man" which may or may not be an allusion to a certain novice brother of the quiet isles who was walking with a limp and digging graves.

Yessir. I just hope he hasn't eaten all the goddamn chicken on the Isle.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title is "The Broken Man" which may or may not be an allusion to a certain novice brother of the quiet isles who was walking with a limp and digging graves.

Of course, "The Broken Man" could just mean Jaime

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might pass through the Citadel/Oldtown for a day.

But he's going right back to the wall with that sword, and the Tarly army is following him.

There's not enough time left in the series for him to spend any time doing a maester's montage.

I dunno if it's been said already here, but Samwell Tarly is clearly the Samwise Gamjee to Jon's Frodo. And Martin's own version of what the real hero is. He'll be just as critical a piece in the end.

I've been thinking a lot about this. When Sam stole the sword, I was first expecting someone to catch them in that scene, and it wouldn't end well.

Then after the episode, and I had a chance to think about it, I was thinking what a genius move this is. Valyrian steel is worth Castles, lands. The Lannisters sent an army across the Narrow Sea to track theirs down, think of what dick-face Randyll will do to retrieve that sword, not only because of it's value but because his disgraced son is the thief. He's going to chase Sam as long and far as it take to get that back, and if Sam heads straight back to the Wall, he's bringing one of the greatest field Commanders in Westros, and possibly a good sized host with him, to the North where as many men are needed to fight the real threat, the White Walkers. What a smart move. His father will see the real threat, still probably execute Sam, but then he'll call more men to fight the real fight. On the journey North, Sam shouldn't see too much trouble because Randyll isn't going to go around announcing his disgraced son came all the way back from the Wall and stole my sword from me. He has too much pride and is going to keep this quiet among other houses.

But then I was thinking, are they just going to abandon Oldtown/the Citadel altogether now? Or is he going to go there for an episode and call it good? I always thought Sam going to Oldtown/Citadel (in the books & show) was odd timing. I assumed it would take 5-10 years to become a Maester (or at least a useful one) and another 1-2 years just for travel. Being so close to the end, I figured Sam would never make it back to the Wall. At this point, I think the only way to keep Sam in the (show) game is him going straight back to the Wall.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I the only one that noticed how excited Lil Sam got when he spotted Mrs. Tarly's breasts? I see you, little kid actor. Get dem boobies.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no idea what you've said here. I am not a LOTR fan at all. However, I do like the Sam/Wildling/asshole father/clueless and obvious cannon fodder other son storyline...it has taken me awhile, but Gilly has won me over.

20f3a752581bdcd2a0f52a85e9a532b1.jpg

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anbody happen to see the preview for the new series starring the guy plays Mormont? Something tells me hes not gonna be finding a cure for greyscale.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anbody happen to see the preview for the new series starring the guy plays Mormont? Something tells me hes not gonna be finding a cure for greyscale.

Yeah, I've seen the commercials and was wondering the same thing.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And wait...who's the gravedigger?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And wait...who's the gravedigger?

Do you REALLY want it to be spoiled? It's not actually confirmed or anything, but the reveal would be really cool if true, so beware:

The "gravedigger" theory is based off a chapter in the 4th Book of ASOIAF. The theory is that Sandor Clegane (the Hound) is alive, and devoted to the Faith of the Seven, serving at a place called the Quiet Isle. I could go into it further if you want, or google it. The real exciting part is that since he serves the faith now, he could be called by the High Sparrow to fight in Cersei's Trial by Combat, which would mean he would face his big brother Gregor Clegane, who also caused his burns.

Honestly, I think it would be kinda cheap is he's called into the trial to fight, because his story arc is nice where it is right now: finished. He gets to peacefully live the rest of his life away from the horrors he faced pretty much all his life. It would be satisfying to just know he's there and leave it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show titles usually apply to multiple stories. It could apply to Jaime, Jon, Jorah, Gravedigger, Theon...

Yup. There's usually one more obvious than the others but it can often apply to multiple storylines. For example "Blood of my blood" is a Dothraki saying and the show ends with Daenerys and the Dothraki. But in the episode we see Bran reunited with his uncle Benjen. Sam gets reunited with his family. His father is willing to raise Gilly's baby because he thinks it's his grandchild. The Tyrells try to rescue Loras (another likely candidate for a broken man) and Margery. Also I believe it's the first time we hear Jamie refer to Tommen as his son, or any of the 3 bastards and one of his children as opposed to a niece/nephew. Not 100% certain about that last one, but either way Tommen's his and Cersei's kid and he just fucked them over bigtime!

As for other potential "broken men", I wonder if Lord Manderly could be a candidate. He's only been mentioned on the show but could make an appearance as Jon, Sansa, and Davos try to rally houses from the North. Edmure Tully definitely seems like a broken man and will be used as a pawn by the Freys. It could be a reference to his uncle the Blackfish as well. Not sure how broken he would be if/when he's seen next but Gendry is still out there somewhere and could pop up again with the Brotherhood without banners whom I believe we'll be seeing again soon.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. There's usually one more obvious than the others but it can often apply to multiple storylines. For example "Blood of my blood" is a Dothraki saying and the show ends with Daenerys and the Dothraki. But in the episode we see Bran reunited with his uncle Benjen. Sam gets reunited with his family. His father is willing to raise Gilly's baby because he thinks it's his grandchild. The Tyrells try to rescue Loras (another likely candidate for a broken man) and Margery. Also I believe it's the first time we hear Jamie refer to Tommen as his son, or any of the 3 bastards and one of his children as opposed to a niece/nephew. Not 100% certain about that last one, but either way Tommen's his and Cersei's kid and he just fucked them over bigtime!

As for other potential "broken men", I wonder if Lord Manderly could be a candidate. He's only been mentioned on the show but could make an appearance as Jon, Sansa, and Davos try to rally houses from the North. Edmure Tully definitely seems like a broken man and will be used as a pawn by the Freys. It could be a reference to his uncle the Blackfish as well. Not sure how broken he would be if/when he's seen next but Gendry is still out there somewhere and could pop up again with the Brotherhood without banners whom I believe we'll be seeing again soon.
Didn't Jaime and his daughter speak frankly just before she died in the finale last year?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you REALLY want it to be spoiled? It's not actually confirmed or anything, but the reveal would be really cool if true, so beware:
It's as confirmed as possible. The chapter in the book just beat you over the head with thinly veiled clues. Martin could have hardly been more conspicuous about it.

The only question is if that's the end of Sandor's story (highly unlikely), or if he actually becomes the Faith's champion.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Jaime and his daughter speak frankly just before she died in the finale last year?

They did but I'm not sure that he ever actually said the words, but it was strongly implied that he was certainly acknowledging her as his daughter. I think he was about to say it but she already knew or something like that.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a really good point. I didn't even consider Loras being "The Broken Man". It'll probably apply to multiple people: Loras (possibly beaten to shit and completely broken by The Faith), Jaime (clearly broken after being sent off from Kings Landing and removed from Kingsguard duty), Theon (obvious reasons)...and maybe even a surprise candidate like Davos.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as confirmed as possible. The chapter in the book just beat you over the head with thinly veiled clues. Martin could have hardly been more conspicuous about it.

The only question is if that's the end of Sandor's story (highly unlikely), or if he actually becomes the Faith's champion.

I've always hoped he would somehow find his way north to aid Sansa.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a really good point. I didn't even consider Loras being "The Broken Man". It'll probably apply to multiple people: Loras (possibly beaten to shit and completely broken by The Faith), Jaime (clearly broken after being sent off from Kings Landing and removed from Kingsguard duty), Theon (obvious reasons)...and maybe even a surprise candidate like Davos.

I could totally see Davos being a "broken man" if that's the episode where he finds the truth out about Shireen or even if he is simply somehow reminded of her and/or his son that he lost at Blackwater.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Broken Man" is gonna be about Gendry. His arms finally fall off after 2 seasons of constant rowing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just starting this weeks episode...

Looks like we will be getting the Clegane bowl...