• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense would also help, but I agree.
Don't disagree. I am still not a huge fan of her, but it looks like they are TRYING to have her grow up. Having her go midevil on Ramsay would be a good step.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man, no one deserves that fate. Unless you r*pe and murder children I don't think you can justify cutting a man's dick off.

He did actually murder children

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't r*pe Sansa though he just watched Ramsey r*pe her. Theon didn't have a dick at the time.

And I don't think he was 'watching' anything at that point. Just staring blankly...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't r*pe Sansa though he just watched Ramsey r*pe her. Theon didn't have a dick at the time.
Yea, I was in the process of editing. In my mind, we moved on to Ramsay... :lol:

That said...

I did state that the punishment was harsh, but that he deserved punishment. This is Westros we are talking about. There are levels of "victim-hood" and Theon/Reek ranks pretty low in my book.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate to do this but my sources have informed that Hodor's story didn't really end the way it was depicted in the last episode. The sad truth of the matter is that...

hodor1.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh yes, I forgot about that little guy.

Welp, ignore what I said before.

While it might not apply to the Iron Islands, I'm sure it's worth considering
Ahh yes, I forgot about that little guy.

Welp, ignore what I said before.

I think the general idea can still apply in some situations though, if a storyline is running completely independently of other storylines. It seems like we don't see that as often on the show though as there always seems to be a link. Even if there is no character crossing over between storylines, there is often an event being referenced. Sam and Gilly haven't interacted with anyone else since leaving the Wall so it could apply to them to some extent when we see them next.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I have a heart of stone but I just cannot feel any sadness for them. The fact that we did not see them at all last year and barely this year probably is part of the reason. Their absence didn't make my heart grow fonder. Same with Osha, I liked her in years past and appreciate what she does for workplace safety, but seeing her for 4 minutes to see her killed didn't upset me.

Maybe they were all in the books more.

For me it was more about Bran witnessing what happened in the past that made him Hodor and realizing it was all his fault, than his actual death in the present. The fact that Bran was experiencing both simultaneously just added to it. That being said, I thought the whole thing was really cool more than it was a sad.

As for Summer, he's been the second most important direwolf so far on the show, but a distant second to Ghost and at some point Nymeria will likely resurface in a cool way. I don't really care that he got killed either. That just opens things up for Bran to find a new warging host.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it might not apply to the Iron Islands, I'm sure it's worth considering

I think the general idea can still apply in some situations though, if a storyline is running completely independently of other storylines. It seems like we don't see that as often on the show though as there always seems to be a link. Even if there is no character crossing over between storylines, there is often an event being referenced. Sam and Gilly haven't interacted with anyone else since leaving the Wall so it could apply to them to some extent when we see them next.

Yeah. Theon isn't at the Iron Islands in the books so it kinda threw me off. I totally blanked that he's back there in the show.

I think it's a safe assumption that events are not necessarily matching up time wise for characters that are in separate locations though. Like Dany's events could have happened a while ago or we could be jumping months ahead to see her action. So if the Greyjoys show up with a fleet in 2 episodes you can make sense of it. Might have been what happened with Littlefinger's warp drive that allowed him to get to the north so quickly...but its whatever, I'm happy to put aside trivial things like that in order for the show to be streamlined and entertaining.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it was more about Bran witnessing what happened in the past that made him Hodor and realizing it was all his fault, than his actual death in the present. The fact that Bran was experiencing both simultaneously just added to it. That being said, I thought the whole thing was really cool more than it was a sad.

As for Summer, he's been the second most important direwolf so far on the show, but a distant second to Ghost and at some point Nymeria will likely resurface in a cool way. I don't really care that he got killed either. That just opens things up for Bran to find a new warging host.

Maybe with the ability to talk!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to admit, it's starting to lose me a bit. Not enough to stop watching but....

That whole zombie chase scene seemed like a clip from 28 Days Later. I'm very tired of zombies.

I'm 100% certain I won't be reading book 6 when it does come out. And I'm a voracious reader.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% certain I won't be reading book 6 when it does come out. And I'm a voracious reader.

I'm sure John Ringo will have something to keep you entertained.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure John Ringo will have something to keep you entertained.

Actually it's Thomas Harlan this week an 800 pager.

And Ringo always provides...

I was really looking forward to the 6th book but if I read it now I'll only be saying to myself what is different from the series on TV.

Rather than knowing how it should be as per the book and just "taking it" while watching......

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Ringo always provides...

Yep, unintentional comedy.

I was really looking forward to the 6th book but if I read it now I'll only be saying to myself what is different from the series on TV.

Rather than knowing how it should be as per the book and just "taking it" while watching......

Why not just enjoy each for what they are?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great military sci fi.

Has he gotten light-years better? Because I read some of his stuff probably fifteen years back and it was trash. Sophmoric, awful female characters, just bad.

I like military sci-fi. Trying to figure out who David Gunn is, apparently that's a pen name. Dan Abnett is solid. Of course old school stuff like Haldeman's 'Forever War.' I highly recommend Richard Morgan's 'Altered Carbon' series. Not all that traditional though.