• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a Wall to come back to, I think he'll definitely be back. He knows what's coming and that it needs to be stopped........... but I don't think there will be a Wall after episode 10.
The wall is definitely coming down. If not, who gives a shit about the white walkers or their army of the dead?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, Yara was there and is a good admiral, but with Theon renouncing the thrown, wouldnt Euron actually be next in line?

The II's don't hold much to 'kneeler' traditions like thrones passing down automatically. GRRM spent what seemed like a hundred pages describing how Euron bought his way to the chair, giving away plunder he'd acquired in raids and war all over the world. So either the strongest or richest or ______ man becomes 'King.'

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The II's don't hold much to 'kneeler' traditions like thrones passing down automatically. GRRM spent what seemed like a hundred pages describing how Euron bought his way to the chair, giving away plunder he'd acquired in raids and war all over the world. So either the strongest or richest or ______ man becomes 'King.'
So why the emphasis on Theon renouncing the throne and throwing his support at Yara?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why the emphasis on Theon renouncing the throne and throwing his support at Yara?

Because in those few scenes they condensed 120 pages of the book. It gets all the moving parts in motion where they need to be without all the details.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what to make of the Iron Islands yet. The Kingsmoot kinda fell flat to me, and I feel like if I hadn't read the books, I would be totally confused. Euron still seems like he could be cool. Then is Yara trying to get to Dany before Euron? With a handful of ships? I figured they were going to directly merge Yara into Victarion's story, where Euron sends him to Dany. But she's running away like her OG story, only not to the Main land but to Slavers Bay. We'll see. It hasn't reached Dorne levels, but it's certainly something I've foudn myself not caring as much about as I thought I would.
Well, considering how the Iron Born make a living, taking the best ships is more valuable than taking their castle.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 24 hours later...still too many feels. Summer and Hodor :( :( :(

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with an accelerated process. However building building a navy in time for them to reach Mereen at or near when Theon gets there would be more than a ludicrous. First, there would be easier ways to invent a delay than taking all the ships. Second, that is just too much off camera magic.

You know it just occurred to me that there is a theory that's been around for some time now that would allow Theon and Yara to get a significant head start on Euron that would still allow Euron to arrive there first. How much of a head start I have no idea. But Euron is well travelled and might have found a shorter route.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I tend to agree, I'm going to play devil's advocate here. The new king of the Iron Islands basically told everyone under his rule to make their sole purpose in life to build more ships. So without knowing exactly how many people he has under his command it's hard to say what the expectation should be for how long it should take to build 1000 ships. And these are Iron Islanders, all of whom seem to know a thing or 2 about ships. While shipbuilding might not be the #1 trade for each and every one of them, it seems most, if not all, would be able to contribute in some way.

Plus it's always hard to tell how much time passes between episodes as lots of stuff seems to get done in a hurry and characters appear all over the place, sometimes within the same episode. As previously mentioned, Gilly's baby still being a baby is where things fall apart a bit though. They better be on land by the next time we see them (seeing as how well travelled some other characters have been in the meantime) and he better be walking by that time.

Additionally, we have to consider that there was no Greyjoy plot for what, a season and a half now? All of this could have been going on during the events of the past season and we are just now seeing it.

With so many characters and so many events going on, its safe to assume that all these events in the show aren't happening concurrently.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, we have to consider that there was no Greyjoy plot for what, a season and a half now? All of this could have been going on during the events of the past season and we are just now seeing it.

With so many characters and so many events going on, its safe to assume that all these events in the show aren't happening concurrently.
Theon has been in the middle of everything to this point.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 24 hours later...still too many feels. Summer and Hodor :( :( :(

Maybe I have a heart of stone but I just cannot feel any sadness for them. The fact that we did not see them at all last year and barely this year probably is part of the reason. Their absence didn't make my heart grow fonder. Same with Osha, I liked her in years past and appreciate what she does for workplace safety, but seeing her for 4 minutes to see her killed didn't upset me.

Maybe they were all in the books more.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I have a heart of stone but I just cannot feel any sadness for them. The fact that we did not see them at all last year and barely this year probably is part of the reason. Their absence didn't make my heart grow fonder. Same with Osha, I liked her in years past and appreciate what she does for workplace safety, but seeing her for 4 minutes to see her killed didn't upset me.

Maybe they were all in the books more.

The first 4 seasons didn't do anything for you?

I do agree with Osha though. That felt much more like trimming the fat. I was hoping for a lot more with her coming back, and was more pissed when she died.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theon has been in the middle of everything to this point.

I can't help but see a classic revenge/justification storyline culminating with Theon. And I am hoping so.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but see a classic revenge/justification storyline culminating with Theon. And I am hoping so.
I am not so sure. His punishment was harsh, sure, but he kinda got what he deserved. He was a real shit pre-willie-whack.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure. His punishment was harsh, sure, but he kinda got what he deserved. He was a real shit pre-willie-whack.

True. However, I should've included 'redemption' in my post. There is always that.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon man, no one deserves that fate. Unless you r*pe and murder children I don't think you can justify cutting a man's dick off.