• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we learned that Bran fucked up the space time continuum.

He is Game of Thrones' Wesley Crusher.

Even so I still enjoyed every minute of that episode. I'm so conflicted.

He was meant to. Bloodraven took him back so he could warg Hodor, causing Hodor to get jumbled, causing Hordor to carry Bran to the cave.

Now he's got to figure out what else to change.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They suckered us with a medicore episode meandering along and not much happening to put us off guard....

Then Boom, like a ton of bricks they switched it out with a gutpunch ending. Well played.

Game of Thrones answers a big question, but the price to pay for the answer is tough for the audience.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Children of the Forrest created the White Walkers to fight the First Men, and the plan totally backfired when they killed everything.

The story went that the Children sides with the First Men to stop the Long Night. That makes that 30-second reveal HUGE.

There were always theories out there that the Children were actually on the same side as the White Walkers, IDK if I've seen any stating that they were actually the creators.

Of course, GRRM already told us this fact (I don't take credit for discovering this. Found on reddit):

“Sam the Slayer!” he said, by way of greeting. “Are you sure you stabbed an Other, and not some child’s snow knight?

This isn’t starting well. “It was the dragonglass that killed it, my lord,” Sam explained feebly. (ASOS, Sam)

God damn you, George.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was meant to. Bloodraven took him back so he could warg Hodor, causing Hodor to get jumbled, causing Hordor to carry Bran to the cave.

Now he's got to figure out what else to change.

Absolutely agree except that he actually didn't "change" anything, because it always happened. That's why Hodor always was the way that he was since the show began.

If you watched LOST think season 5. Whatever happened happened. Sayid was always meant to shoot Ben, Jin always saved baby Alex etc.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree except that he actually didn't "change" anything, because it always happened. That's why Hodor always was the way that he was since the show began.

If you watched LOST think season 5. Whatever happened happened. Sayid was always meant to shoot Ben, Jin always saved baby Alex etc.

Yeah that's where this is going to get trippy and words are meant to be chosen carefully. Hell, maybe this is what's taking GRRM so long :D

Fun fact. Jack Bender, the director of tonight's episode, was a veteran LOST director.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They suckered us with a medicore episode meandering along and not much happening to put us off guard....

Then Boom, like a ton of bricks they switched it out with a gutpunch ending. Well played.

Game of Thrones answers a big question, but the price to pay for the answer is tough for the audience.

Meh, I thought it was a pretty good episode throughout. Not everything, but most was good and all of it at least advanced the plot.

One of the top episodes in a while in my opinion and this season overall has had a great first half.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Children of the Forrest created the White Walkers to fight the First Men, and the plan totally backfired when they killed everything.

The story went that the Children sides with the First Men to stop the Long Night. That makes that 30-second reveal HUGE.

There were always theories out there that the Children were actually on the same side as the White Walkers, IDK if I've seen any stating that they were actually the creators.

Of course, GRRM already told us this fact (I don't take credit for discovering this. Found on reddit):

God damn you, George.

Yeah, basically the Children were in desperate straights and took the nuclear option.

What a great episode. And the ending...fuck. :( Heard that came straight from GRRM though, which is pretty cool. It makes way too much sense to not have come from him actually.

The lingering question for me now is:
Since Bran is now marked, if he travels south of the wall, can The Night's King just break the magical barrier on The Wall the same way he broke it in the cave? Maybe this is a precursor to the season finale and The Wall comes down? :noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, basically the Children were in desperate straights and took the nuclear option.

What a great episode. And the ending...fuck. :( Heard that came straight from GRRM though, which is pretty cool. It makes way too much sense to not have come from him actually.

The lingering question for me now is:
Since Bran is now marked, if he travels south of the wall, can The Night's King just break the magical barrier on The Wall the same way he broke it in the cave? Maybe this is a precursor to the season finale and The Wall comes down? :noidea:
When was it mentioned that there is a magic barrier on the Wall? I just figured it was a physical barrier.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was it mentioned that there is a magic barrier on the Wall? I just figured it was a physical barrier.

Don't think the show ever outright mentioned it, but it has been implied pretty heavily in the books. One of Bran's helpers in the books is a dead dude and he cannot pass the wall or enter the cave due to the magic barriers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty interesting how far they have deviated from the books concerning the Iron Island folks.

The show has played fast and loose with time lapsing for events, but I really hope they don't have Euron building a massive navy in the next episode or two. That would really be going too far.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty interesting how far they have deviated from the books concerning the Iron Island folks.

The show has played fast and loose with time lapsing for events, but I really hope they don't have Euron building a massive navy in the next episode or two. That would really be going too far.

They'll probably have to if they want anything to be done with them this season. We're already at the 1/2 way point.

If I had to guess, he will have his navy and will be in Mereen by the end of the season.