• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I think she's going to bounce outta that place with her full army and never come back. She'll take any freedmen with her that want to come.

She's going to end up heading to Volantis (or the Volanteen navy is going to come to Mereen). In the books the Greyjoys end up in Mereen with a navy, but I don't think it would make sense for the show to go that route, time wise it doesn't seem to match up right now.

I agree, I think she has this "fuck this place" mindset. She's done in the East. Given the pace of this season, I think we see her start moving towards West. I think the Greyjoys will still be involved, with Yara and maybe Theon heading East with the fleet and running into Dany in Volantis, or making it all the way to Meeren.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little concerned about the show running this season w/o the safetynet of the books to fall back on, but so far it's been pretty great. Added excitement for me is that I have no idea what's going to happen next, which I haven't been able to say before.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess, Jon will end up meeting the boltons head on and we will get our double cross by the houses of the north turning against the Boltons....well the Umbers and Manderleys (if they're ever introduced) will turn, those shit ass Karstarks can all die.
Ramsey killing his father was a massive bad move and everyone knows it. He's making the same type of dumb mistakes Rob did which led to his death. He's on already on borrowed time. His dad was the strategist and deal maker. All that is gone now. Dumb move.
Not to mention the events of the red wedding (breaking of guest right)was seen as a greatest offense against God and man. The Lannisters, Freys, and Boltons all are involved in that and the rest of the families, especially of the north, won't forget this, ever. The cracks are already forming bigtime.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Daenerys is immune to fire. I guess that's confirmed. Is she also immune to getting crushed by falling trusses? Because that's what killed half of those dudes in that building. Good thing there were several large open flames in that highly flammable hut for her to tip over.

I guess it's clear now that they've turned Loras into a pretty boy pussy. He's supposed to be a member of the King's Guard out successfully taking back Dragonstone from what's left of Stannis' forces. It's a bit odd, and really kind of funny that the writers would make that choice after they went out of their way to change the Margery/Loras imprisonment so that it became about the church hating homos ( BTW that was real edgy stuff guys, never seen that before ).

Still, good episode overall. Finally got the Pink Letter and once again the North and Iron Islands were the best part.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really lookin forward to more Bran sleeping interaction in the next episode. Looks like the army of the dead can see him, which looks pretty interesting.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's clear now that they've turned Loras into a pretty boy pussy. He's supposed to be a member of the King's Guard out successfully taking back Dragonstone from what's left of Stannis' forces. It's a bit odd, and really kind of funny that the writers would make that choice after they went out of their way to change the Margery/Loras imprisonment so that it became about the church hating homos ( BTW that was real edgy stuff guys, never seen that before ).

Huh?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey killing his father was a massive bad move and everyone knows it. He's making the same type of dumb mistakes Rob did which led to his death. He's on already on borrowed time. His dad was the strategist and deal maker. All that is gone now. Dumb move.
Not to mention the events of the red wedding (breaking of guest right)was seen as a greatest offense against God and man. The Lannisters, Freys, and Boltons all are involved in that and the rest of the families, especially of the north, won't forget this, ever. The cracks are already forming bigtime.

Absolutely. He is going to have a lot of enemies looking to take him down and like you said, a lot of the Northerners don't want anything to do with him. Sansa, Jon and the Wildlings, you got Littlefinger plotting to take him out, I'm sure Walder Frey will be none too pleased when he finds out what happened to Walda and maybe somehow the Greyjoy's can come help take them out as well (probably unlikely but you never know).

Wouldn't be too surprised it they killed Loras off so the actor can start focusing on the Iron Fist and Defenders series for Netflix.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing says winter has arrived more than that scene with Brienne, Davos, and Melisandre.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just nitpicking. I think it's funny how they'll go out of their way to change a part of a story line to make it about gay rights while also pigeonholing one of the only gay characters into just being the token, stereotypical gay guy they can use whenever they need one.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. He is going to have a lot of enemies looking to take him down and like you said, a lot of the Northerners don't want anything to do with him. Sansa, Jon and the Wildlings, you got Littlefinger plotting to take him out, I'm sure Walder Frey will be none too pleased when he finds out what happened to Walda and maybe somehow the Greyjoy's can come help take them out as well (probably unlikely but you never know).

Wouldn't be too surprised it they killed Loras off so the actor can start focusing on the Iron Fist and Defenders series for Netflix.

I actually did not know he was going to be Iron Fist. You're right, makes sense that they'd kill him off.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how different Emilia Clarke looks in real life. And judging by the recent appearance I caught on Conan, kinda annoying as well.

Sigh...another illusion shattered. :pound::pound::pound:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted things haven't went as planned battle plan-wise the last few dust-ups they been in, but 98,000 dead from one test run at the wall, Stannis rolling into CB, and the white walkers encounters. And while there were only 2 that they showed, Ygitte(sp) and the female who was killed by that white walker children gang. I bet there's a few females among the wildlings that can hold their own. The young girl who Ramsey's evil ass killed tonight had some fighting skills as well. Stannis killed some sure, but he also wanted to use the wildlings as part of his army. So I don't see him giving his troops kill any and all wildlings you encounter type commands.

I wouldn't say all 98,000 were wiped out in those 3 events but I'd say that a significant amount were killed, and after each one others likely ran off on their own. Also remember that before Mance Rayder the Wildlings were a bunch of separate clans that all hated each other. Now Mance is gone and Tormund leads whoever is left. Some who were willing to follow Mance may not be so willing to follow Tormund, especially the ones that already achieved their goal of getting south of the Wall.

Speaking of numbers, if Jon, Sansa and company think the Boltons only have the 5000 that she heard him mention before a battle with Stannis, they will be in for a rude awakening. Since then the Karstarks and Umbers have joined who command a lot of men. Although I suspect the Umbers to switch sides at some point. The Karstarks abandoning Robb and taking half his army is what led to the Red Wedding.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I think she's going to bounce outta that place with her full army and never come back. She'll take any freedmen with her that want to come.

She's going to end up heading to Volantis (or the Volanteen navy is going to come to Mereen). In the books the Greyjoys end up in Mereen with a navy, but I don't think it would make sense for the show to go that route, time wise it doesn't seem to match up right now.

Absolutely agree that once she lives she's not coming back. But you'd have to think it's part of her long-term plan to leave someone she trusts (not Daario's sellswords and not the Dothraki) won't let Slaver's Bay turn back into what it was before she arrived. Otherwise, why bother losing part of her army to free the slaves and wasting everyone's time by settling in Mereen for so long? She already learned what happens in Yunkai when you conquer a place and leave it without any plan to govern it once you leave. Now, who knows what could happen to change those plans like the dragons burning it into a ruin or something? So it could be that there will ultimately be no need to leave anyone behind but it would have to be part of her plan at this point.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought Verdi was a strong, hard woman. Change my mind. Loris and the queen are enduring a lot more... dungeon time.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the episode a second time, I had a craving for these after seeing the final scene again:

91j9juWFKxL._SY355_.jpg

These overdone/slightly burnt Cheez It crackers are awesome!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little concerned about the show running this season w/o the safetynet of the books to fall back on, but so far it's been pretty great. Added excitement for me is that I have no idea what's going to happen next, which I haven't been able to say before.

In a way, its the best thing that's happened. They no longer have to stall trying to wait for Martin. Beforehand, they sort of let certain stories trail off or extend them out over multiple episodes because they were trying to stay within the context of a specific book for a season. Now, they have the freedom to just tell the story. And they've packed tons of action into these first few episodes and have done a great job too. Nothing has felt disjointed.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, its the best thing that's happened. They no longer have to stall trying to wait for Martin. Beforehand, they sort of let certain stories trail off or extend them out over multiple episodes because they were trying to stay within the context of a specific book for a season. Now, they have the freedom to just tell the story. And they've packed tons of action into these first few episodes and have done a great job too. Nothing has felt disjointed.

And I think that if the rumors are true about the final two seasons having just a combined 13 episodes, it's getting them to rush through things that they normally would've dragged out over a longer period of time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say all 98,000 were wiped out in those 3 events but I'd say that a significant amount were killed, and after each one others likely ran off on their own. Also remember that before Mance Rayder the Wildlings were a bunch of separate clans that all hated each other. Now Mance is gone and Tormund leads whoever is left. Some who were willing to follow Mance may not be so willing to follow Tormund, especially the ones that already achieved their goal of getting south of the Wall.

Speaking of numbers, if Jon, Sansa and company think the Boltons only have the 5000 that she heard him mention before a battle with Stannis, they will be in for a rude awakening. Since then the Karstarks and Umbers have joined who command a lot of men. Although I suspect the Umbers to switch sides at some point. The Karstarks abandoning Robb and taking half his army is what led to the Red Wedding.

Yeah, I'm thinking the only force that's gonna take down Ramsay for good will be one who can unify a multitude of peoples from all walks of life into a singular belief and goal that comes from said leader. Only Dany fits that bill. As opposed to say some of the others who lead by fear, cruelty such as Ramsay. Or deceit in some way soils every step and move they make like Balish. Or they have some misplaced belief that since they were born royal. That gives them the right to the Iron Throne such like Cersi. And unlike the Red Witch who while powerful and in tune with something super-natural. Can still be be led terribly astray. Plus Ramsay is becoming way too good at being an evil dickhead to be dusted off in some routine manner. His death has to be epic in scope, scale, pain and suffering. Tremendous pain and suffering.