• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem she will face is getting the Dothraki to cross the narrow sea with her. That is if she can even get enough ships in the first place (Greyjoys?). The Dothraki never sail, but they love to ride. I wonder exactly how cold winter gets when it finally comes. Enough to freeze The Narrow Sea?

Actually I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that their oceans are salt water just like ours so scratch that theory. Aside from the presence of magic and unusually long seasons, their laws of nature seem to be pretty much on par with those of Earth.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally an episode where mostly good stuff happens and "hell yeah" moments...

Instead of constant bad mojo,endless despair wrapped up in painfully slow plots the TV show gave us all something to cheer about for the first time in years.

It probably was the most positive episode in the entire run.

So, of course next week will bog us down with dumbass slow and boring Gilly/Tarly, Sand Snakes, and Arya storylines.

A character that is liked will get double crossed, raped, tortured, or killed, or a combination of those, possibly even all 4 happen within the hour to them, for sure. There is no way they let a positive episode go without plot repercussions next week.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Littlefinger fixed his teleporter because in next week's episode he's already met up with Sansa again. I don't think things are going to end very well for him, Sansa is going to be pissed at him and she's got Brienne at her side now. Makes me think though, is it just LF, or is his whole army with him too? I'm excited to see the Knights of the Vale regardless.

Speaking of Brienne, that scene with her, Davos, and Mel was ice cold. Straight up admitting to executing Mannis and pretty much telling D and M to watch out.

In King's Landing, I want to see more Gregor Clegane action but the story is keeping me interested for the time being at least. Sounds like the Tyrell army is being raised as well. Bitches be raising armies all over the place. I think this is going to lead to
KING Euron raiding the Reach while the Tyrells are occupied

Besides the 1st episode, which felt mostly like an extended refresher, I think this has been an excellent season, and there's still so much more to get to.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Littlefinger fixed his teleporter because in next week's episode he's already met up with Sansa again. I don't think things are going to end very well for him, Sansa is going to be pissed at him and she's got Brienne at her side now. Makes me think though, is it just LF, or is his whole army with him too? I'm excited to see the Knights of the Vale regardless.

Speaking of Brienne, that scene with her, Davos, and Mel was ice cold. Straight up admitting to executing Mannis and pretty much telling D and M to watch out.

In King's Landing, I want to see more Gregor Clegane action but the story is keeping me interested for the time being at least. Sounds like the Tyrell army is being raised as well. Bitches be raising armies all over the place. I think this is going to lead to
KING Euron raiding the Reach while the Tyrells are occupied

Besides the 1st episode, which felt mostly like an extended refresher, I think this has been an excellent season, and there's still so much more to get to.

I wonder if they could go to the Frey's and convince them to fight on their side as well against the Bolton's since Ramsay had Walda killed.

Pretty decent episode I thought. Looks like there's going to be at least three big battles going on at some point this season (King's Landing/Faith Militant, Bolton's/Wildlings, etc... and Slavers, Slaves, Harpy and the Dothraki). And also looks like we're going to get the Kingsmoot next week.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a like from me just for this.

I didn't delete the current episode yet so I can watch Dany clown those "after we fuck you, we'll gonna let our underlings fuck you. If you have any pussy lining left. Literal horse dick of a very plural nature
100,000 attacked the Wall but I believe that included many that weren't really fighters. Not sure if that was ever made clear on the show though. They certainly all looked like fighters so let's assume that was another change from the books and they did have 100,000 fighters. A significant number of them died in that battle which is why they retreated and lost. Then Stannis' army wiped out a lot of them when he arrived north of the Wall. But where there numbers most likely took the biggest hit was at Hard Home when they got completely owned by the White Walkers.

"Thankfully she didn't really do anything she hasn't done before so they don't need to give her another name."
Hilariously true!

Oh and Sam and Gilly stuff should get more interesting the next time we see them. Hopefully that's when we meet his family. Sam's dad is supposed to be a bad ass and is going to be played by a pretty good actor. I forget his name but he played the evil imposter pope on Da Vinci's Demons for anyone that watched that show.

Granted things haven't went as planned battle plan-wise the last few dust-ups they been in, but 98,000 dead from one test run at the wall, Stannis rolling into CB, and the white walkers encounters. And while there were only 2 that they showed, Ygitte(sp) and the female who was killed by that white walker children gang. I bet there's a few females among the wildlings that can hold their own. The young girl who Ramsey's evil ass killed tonight had some fighting skills as well. Stannis killed some sure, but he also wanted to use the wildlings as part of his army. So I don't see him giving his troops kill any and all wildlings you encounter type commands.

It ain't no biggie though. I don't get caught up with inconsequential details. I'm just runnin my mouth is all and since I'm back. Littlefinger is wile e coyote crafty. Back less than 5 minutes and he 's already snatched all the juice Lord Royce thought he had at the Vale.

Not the wisest thing to do, but Brienne put the red witch and the half hand on notice. I think she's gonna be the one to snatch the life outta Baylish when the time calls for it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally an episode where mostly good stuff happens and "hell yeah" moments...

Instead of constant bad mojo,endless despair wrapped up in painfully slow plots the TV show gave us all something to cheer about for the first time in years.

It probably was the most positive episode in the entire run.

So, of course next week will bog us down with dumbass slow and boring Gilly/Tarly, Sand Snakes, and Arya storylines.

Heh.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dani won't have any problems getting the Dothraki across the sea. Top down leadership model, where the Khal's word is law. Just have to retain your Khal position through strength, which isn't going to be an issue after last night AND as soon as Drogon flies in.

They didn't have time for it in the TV show, but GRRM waxes poetic for pages and pages about how vulnerable the Wildling horde is. Too spread out, too many women and children (not spearwives), all their possessions in tow. The Watch cut them up and divided them before they even made the wall.

Kind of a treatise on the realities of supply lines in war.

So not all that surprising that Tormund only has a few thousand fit warriors (add in Hardhome in the TV show)

Nobody else noticed the googly-eyes Tormund was making at Brienne? Going to be some massive knocking boots going on there.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some or all of the Unsullied may need to stay behind in Mereen to rule. I think the whole "love story" between Grey Worm and Missandei is building them up to rule as King and Queen when Daenerys leaves.

The problem she will face is getting the Dothraki to cross the narrow sea with her. That is if she can even get enough ships in the first place (Greyjoys?). The Dothraki never sail, but they love to ride. I wonder exactly how cold winter gets when it finally comes. Enough to freeze The Narrow Sea?

I don't think so. I think she's going to bounce outta that place with her full army and never come back. She'll take any freedmen with her that want to come.

She's going to end up heading to Volantis (or the Volanteen navy is going to come to Mereen). In the books the Greyjoys end up in Mereen with a navy, but I don't think it would make sense for the show to go that route, time wise it doesn't seem to match up right now.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, one of the best parts of the episode was Tormund just staring at Brienne while munching on a haunch of meat. Hilarious. He wants some of that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say that after the kind of ok opening show this season the rest have delivered. So many good story lines going on with so much build up for potential great episodes down the road, but near term and long term.

If anyone bailed out of the series over the last couple of seasons they are really missing out.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say that after the kind of ok opening show this season the rest have delivered. So many good story lines going on with so much build up for potential great episodes down the road, but near term and long term.

If anyone bailed out of the series over the last couple of seasons they are really missing out.

I think the point a lot of people miss, is that the payoff is that much sweeter BECAUSE of all the trials and tribulations and disappointments of the previous seasons/books.

The Stark family being so decimated, over and over again, makes their eventual triumph all the more satisfying.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dani won't have any problems getting the Dothraki across the sea. Top down leadership model, where the Khal's word is law. Just have to retain your Khal position through strength, which isn't going to be an issue after last night AND as soon as Drogon flies in.

They didn't have time for it in the TV show, but GRRM waxes poetic for pages and pages about how vulnerable the Wildling horde is. Too spread out, too many women and children (not spearwives), all their possessions in tow. The Watch cut them up and divided them before they even made the wall.

Kind of a treatise on the realities of supply lines in war.

So not all that surprising that Tormund only has a few thousand fit warriors (add in Hardhome in the TV show)

Nobody else noticed the googly-eyes Tormund was making at Brienne? Going to be some massive knocking boots going on there.

But the big difference now is they got a capable leader of actually banning them together in Jon Snow. So they'll actually be formidable this time when they eventually fight the Bolton army. I'm thinking Ramsay's overconfidence is going to get him by the end of the season because he's too focused on Jon Snow and Sansa and not going to see the other attacks coming.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Snow also has the favor of the red witch for whatever that's worth. I mean yeah, she did get Stannis slaughtered and his army destroyed, but it appears she is of the mind that she was incorrect in identifying him as the chosen prince. Having the fire god bring him back seems to have convinced her he's the one. All kinds of potential for aid if the fire god is truly on his side as well. Add in having giants and the potential that Bran brings with his advanced mind control along with the wildlings and whatever traditional army they can muster up and that's one hell of a fighting force. Ramsy just has sheer numbers and ruthlessness.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty funny.

Yeah, that scene over the meal was some of the best eye acting I've seen in a long time. A lot was said by several people purely with their eyes there. Good stuff.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Snow also has the favor of the red witch for whatever that's worth. I mean yeah, she did get Stannis slaughtered and his army destroyed, but it appears she is of the mind that she was incorrect in identifying him as the chosen prince. Having the fire god bring him back seems to have convinced her he's the one. All kinds of potential for aid if the fire god is truly on his side as well. Add in having giants and the potential that Bran brings with his advanced mind control along with the wildlings and whatever traditional army they can muster up and that's one hell of a fighting force. Ramsy just has sheer numbers and ruthlessness.

The Shireen sacrifice was definitely the final nail in the coffin for Stannis.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess, Jon will end up meeting the boltons head on and we will get our double cross by the houses of the north turning against the Boltons....well the Umbers and Manderleys (if they're ever introduced) will turn, those shit ass Karstarks can all die.