• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@chf - not that you are fascinated, because I am as well. Antipathy? I don't get it.

Ironically it's the book played out in real life, as GRRM voices the 'sugar and spice and everything nice' attitude society has towards women through the character of Cersei. In her words, if she didn't have a ****, she'd have been running Casterly Rock.

But yeah, I used to post at westeros.org, which is a fansite for the books and show, and I'd say most people weren't fans of Arya, and plenty couldn't stand her. Lots of women readers too.

I think it was her killing the first stable boy on escaping that did it.

But, imo, if that character had been male, no-one bats an eye.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I dunno, bro. I have never read the books so I'm going by what I watch. I'm assuming this is where you're going and that's fine...lay it on me! Who is Jon Snow now? Did he switch with Ghost? And...is Bran the True Future King?

And if the Ghost part is true, then who is/was Ghost?

And y'know what? From what I've read on here, the show is standing on its own merits. Spoilers are not necessarily spoilers.
I've never read the books either. There have been clues/hints here and there that Jon might not have been Eddard's son. There has been some chatter about that from the people who have read the books as well, but I have no idea if those books have entirely wrapped up those loose ends or not.

We are only getting bits and pieces of the past in Bran's little trips and I just wonder if any of it will lead to the truth about Jon. It would seem to coincide with his new found freedom from duty on the wall. He was murdered and brought back from the dead by the fire God and now is leaving like a man on a mission.

What's going on in that tower that was being guarded? What is Eddard going to find? Maybe I'm way off. Just seems like those lines are crossing somehow.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayra is becoming a badass but how funny would it be if by the time she got back to Westeros, all the people on her list are already dead. Congrats! The Waif beat your ass for nothing.

Have they ever mentioned what happened with Ilyn Payne? If they did, I don't remember it. In real life, I had heard that the actor had cancer. I figured that they'd recast him and have him around King's Landing doing something.

SHOTGUN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that plays Ramsay should have played Kylo Ren. And Kylo Ren should be more like the character Ramsay. Not a crybaby goth kid. This guy is fantastic.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case anybody needed some new desktop wallpaper

ob6ycpj-jpg.116851.jpg

Attachments

• OB6YcPJ.jpg
    OB6YcPJ.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 12
  • ob6ycpj-jpg.116851.jpg
    ob6ycpj-jpg.116851.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they ever mentioned what happened with Ilyn Payne? If they did, I don't remember it. In real life, I had heard that the actor had cancer. I figured that they'd recast him and have him around King's Landing doing something.

I heard the actor became ill, and I believe is now dead so they retired his character out of respect for him.

As unfortunate as that is, the changes they were forced to make kind of worked out well for the show. In the books it was Ilyn Payne who was secretly training Jamie to sword fight with his left hand. Jamie chose him because he knew Payne couldn't tell anyone if he wanted to since he couldn't speak and couldn't write. That kind of worked in the books as those chapters were written from Jamie's POV and left us with his thoughts and memories. But I'm not so sure it would have made for the best television to have a mute training Jamie.

Meanwhile Bronn's storyline pretty much came to an end in the books after Tyrion was arrested for Joffrey's murder. He married Lollys Stokeworth and we heard bit and pieces of what he was upto but that was about it.

Bronn and Jamie made a pretty entertaining pair on TV, especially in Season 4. They were still a good pair in Season 5 but were given that horrible Dorne storyline (didn't happen in the books). Still wondering what is up with Bronn this season. I'm guessing he must have returned to his wife and castle that Jamie pulled him away from but will be called upon at some point. I'm guessing Jamie will call upon him at some point when he goes on his next mission.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never read the books either. There have been clues/hints here and there that Jon might not have been Eddard's son. There has been some chatter about that from the people who have read the books as well, but I have no idea if those books have entirely wrapped up those loose ends or not.

We are only getting bits and pieces of the past in Bran's little trips and I just wonder if any of it will lead to the truth about Jon. It would seem to coincide with his new found freedom from duty on the wall. He was murdered and brought back from the dead by the fire God and now is leaving like a man on a mission.

What's going on in that tower that was being guarded? What is Eddard going to find? Maybe I'm way off. Just seems like those lines are crossing somehow.

The show has passed the books now in 'most' storylines. However the flashback scene with the tower of joy already happened in like book #1 or #2. But it was written, not shown, and there was no indication that Arthur Dayne was stabbed in the back. Then when he climbs the steps all the audience is shown is Lyanna in a bed of blood. The only thing besides that we find out is that her dying breath is to make Ned promise her something.

Definitely nothing is wrapped up. But people just speculate that the captain commander of the Kingsguard who is also the top knight in Westeros wouldn't be guarding anything less than the heir, especially when as those Kingsguard knights pointed out, they might have changed the whole battle at the trident. And why else would Lyanna be bleeding besides childbirth? She had 2 knights of the Kingsguard guarding her, not like she was going to get stabbed. But I guess there are other possible explanations. Nothing is wrapped up yet.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the R + L = J is a very popular theory that appears to be coming to fruition. Knowing how honorable Ned was, many doubt that he would have truly fathered a bastard and Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna after she was 'kidnapped' for a year.

Way too much 'evidence' for this theory to not be true in my opinion. In the end, it looks like all of the killings of GoT started over a love story (unless you subscribe to the idea that Rhaegar was a rapist).

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="WizardHawk, post: 8369902, member: 4166"]Negative. He is still very much alive and now cancer free.
Wilko Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that. Bronn is another character I like very much, although I didn't realize he wasn't around until I read Juliansteed's post.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show has passed the books now in 'most' storylines. However the flashback scene with the tower of joy already happened in like book #1 or #2.

I really enjoyed your full post, but I have to ask: why is it called the Tower of Joy? I'm pretty certain the irony is in full bloom, but you never know...

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wondering what is up with Bronn this season. I'm guessing he must have returned to his wife and castle that Jamie pulled him away from but will be called upon at some point. I'm guessing Jamie will call upon him at some point when he goes on his next mission.

Bronn is another character I like very much, although I didn't realize he wasn't around until I read Juliansteed's post.

Actor Jerome Flynn (Bronn), and actress Lena Headey (Cersei) were a romantic couple approx. a dozen years ago. Apparently the romantic split went very badly, and currently they DO NOT get along very well and are not on speaking terms... the two actors cannot be in the same room together... supposedly, it's awkward on the set when those two have to be near each other.
Game of Thrones stars Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn 'not on speaking terms'

:fencing:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoyed your full post, but I have to ask: why is it called the Tower of Joy? I'm pretty certain the irony is in full bloom, but you never know...

Maybe I'm misremembering, I haven't read the books in years, and it's been longer since I went to westeros.org or any other discussion boards outside of the show. But I thought that was just the in world name of the actual tower. Which I guess it had to have some name, but giving it that name is a statement one way or another. Not sure if ironic or something else entirely.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actor Jerome Flynn (Bronn), and actress Lena Headey (Cersei) were a romantic couple approx. a dozen years ago. Apparently the romantic split went very badly, and currently they DO NOT get along very well and are not on speaking terms... the two actors cannot be in the same room together... supposedly, it's awkward on the set when those two have to be near each other.
Game of Thrones stars Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn 'not on speaking terms'

:fencing:

Interesting! Based on some of the trailer footage it looks like Jamie is going to head up towards the Riverlands this season at some point. I'd be surprised if Bronn doesn't join him when that happens.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the Tower of Joy is the name of the... tower. Rheagar named it himself, not sure why he came up with that name. It was located in Dorne.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jon really is a Targaryen there will eventually be a good scene with him and a dragon.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are 3 dragons and with Tyrion releasing 2 from the pit, gaining some of their trust, the theory of all 3 being Targs may also be very true. Tyrion and Dany being half siblings and Jon being their nephew.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are 3 dragons and with Tyrion releasing 2 from the pit, gaining some of their trust, the theory of all 3 being Targs may also be very true. Tyrion and Dany being half siblings and Jon being their nephew.
Nephew?

Isnt Dany R's daughter? Isnt the rumor that R diddled Tywins wife?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping for the proposed adaption of the Dunk and Egg novellas turned into a miniseries or trilogy of movies comes through eventually. Probably not until GoT ends though.