• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hoping for quite some time that The Hound somehow survived.

If they were trying to trick Ramsey why wouldn't they just kneel to the lord they intend to betray? I think declining to kneel sent some red flags to Ramsey.

I agree. I don't think they intend to betray Ramsey. It doesn't really make much sense to put Rickon Stark's life in jeopardy instead of delivering him to whomever else they truly intend to back if they just plan on betraying him. And I'm pretty sure that was Shaggy Dog. Not many Direwolves south of the Wall. In fact we haven't even seen any others north of the Wall either besides Ghost.

Remember this Umber character is brand new to the show and not necessarily the same as he is in the books. He could be a combination of characters from the books. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Umbers switch sides at some point. I just don't think it's part of his current plan. He definitely doesn't seem to care for either the Karstarks or Ramsey.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda' hard to figure how the Umbers would flip, since the Greatjon was killed at the Red Wedding (I believe in the TV show too).

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hoping for quite some time that The Hound somehow survived.

Yep, me too. Imagine the possibilities down the road...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm...

A hound is a dog. A wolf is a dog. Arya lost her wolf. Arya found a hound.

Is the Hound Arya's new dire wolf?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm...

A hound is a dog. A wolf is a dog. Arya lost her wolf. Arya found a hound.

Is the Hound Arya's new dire wolf?

I did so enjoy the love/hate relationship between the two. Y'know the thing I really enjoy about the show? The major storylines are pretty much so...expected that they are kinda taken for granted as to be "great stuff".

The underlying stories...these are what I find to be fascinating. I expect any scene with Tyrion, the Lannisters or the Dragon Mother to be top notch.

I love this show.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do know there are at least 2 starks becoming bad asses and Sansa is at least growing up and getting a little bit of a backbone. Add in a pissed off returned from the dead and now free of his duty in the north half brother. There's all kinds of possibilities for opening a can of whoopass on Ramsy.

Who needs a whole army when you have whatever Arya and Bran are turning into. Will easily be the coolest family in the series once their full potential is unleashed.

Well until the series kills them off anyway. Seems to happen a lot.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sansa is at least growing up and getting a little bit of a backbone.

On another note, I watched the actress who portrays Sansa on Conan a week or two ago. I'll be damned if she didn't seem as dimwitted and clueless as her character.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do know there are at least 2 starks becoming bad asses and Sansa is at least growing up and getting a little bit of a backbone. Add in a pissed off returned from the dead and now free of his duty in the north half brother. There's all kinds of possibilities for opening a can of whoopass on Ramsy.

Who needs a whole army when you have whatever Arya and Bran are turning into. Will easily be the coolest family in the series once their full potential is unleashed.

Ayra is becoming a badass but how funny would it be if by the time she got back to Westeros, all the people on her list are already dead. Congrats! The Waif beat your ass for nothing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. This is the stuff that now has me hooked.
Yeah, that's why I put that qualifier in though. Just as people's story lines start to get good these guys always do something seriously fucked up to them.

Which would/should be the most bad ass? I mean Arya might be heading toward having the same stealthy rogue like abilities as her mentor and yet Bran is being groomed to become a weapon against the Night's King. Who needs legs if you learn how to mind fuck anyone you want at any time am I right?

Please, allow at least one of them to fully gain their power before doing whatever fuckery is in store for them. That's all I ask.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayra is becoming a badass but how funny would it be if by the time she got back to Westeros, all the people on her list are already dead. Congrats! The Waif beat your ass for nothing.

Lol, I appreciate the irony, but that would truly suck. There's gotta be a payoff. I hope, anyway...who knows?

And while I think about it, Tyrion's attempt at having a conversation with TweedleDum and TweedleCutie was freakin' hilarious. I actually wanted to see those two make an attempt to play his drinking game.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a feeling she may be tasked with killing a family member eventually to prove that she is no one. I can't see that happening though so that's probably when she'll leave that Jacquen and the Waif.

Pretty sure that insurance guy is still alive on the show. I wonder if they'll send her after him again for a warm-up kill. Pretty cool how she got him in the books but unless his show counterpart beefed up his security, it won't go down like that on the show.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I put that qualifier in though. Just as people's story lines start to get good these guys always do something seriously fucked up to them.

Which would/should be the most bad ass? I mean Arya might be heading toward having the same stealthy rogue like abilities as her mentor and yet Bran is being groomed to become a weapon against the Night's King. Who needs legs if you learn how to mind fuck anyone you want at any time am I right?

Please, allow at least one of them to fully gain their power before doing whatever fuckery is in store for them. That's all I ask.

I dunno why, but I fell for the Arya storyline way back in the beginning, when the butcher's boy met the Hound and then she met her first tutor. Ever since then, I've been fascinated with her story.

As for Bran, never really cared for him...until this season. His status as a conduit for the past will be great. Already want to see more of Lyanna. Really good stuff.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Bran, never really cared for him...until this season. His status as a conduit for the past will be great. Already want to see more of Lyanna. Really good stuff.
So that begs the question of are we getting this back story as simply part of his rise, or do we get the bomb dropped on who Jon Snow really is just as he discovers he has more power than he knew about as well and it's really Snow that turns into some kind of mega pimp?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that begs the question of are we getting this back story as simply part of his rise, or do we get the bomb dropped on who Jon Snow really is just as he discovers he has more power than he knew about as well and it's really Snow that turns into some kind of mega pimp?

Haha I dunno, bro. I have never read the books so I'm going by what I watch. I'm assuming this is where you're going and that's fine...lay it on me! Who is Jon Snow now? Did he switch with Ghost? And...is Bran the True Future King?

And if the Ghost part is true, then who is/was Ghost?

And y'know what? From what I've read on here, the show is standing on its own merits. Spoilers are not necessarily spoilers.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno why, but I fell for the Arya storyline way back in the beginning, when the butcher's boy met the Hound and then she met her first tutor. Ever since then, I've been fascinated with her story.

By classic fantasy standards, Arya is the archetype. She's got no superpowers, had no special skills or training, and has the extra hill to climb because she's female. And yet she survives and thrives just on her own wits and determination.

I've always been fascinated by the antipathy towards her character.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GRRM broke conventions in even having bad stuff happen to the hero's loved ones past the exposition/intro. He's not going to kill ALL of them. Besides, the revenge will be all the sweeter (although I expect empty anyway) for whomever is left standing.

I have no idea on Sansa and Rickon (could go either way), but my bet is on Jon and Bran and Arya being alive when winter ends. Mind you Jon may not be too recognizable as good ol' Jon.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been fascinated by the antipathy towards her character.

That, to me, is fascinating. I don't understand why.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@chf - not that you are fascinated, because I am as well. Antipathy? I don't get it.