• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mentioned in passing that they were looking for the women who killed Trystane and that they need to address the woman who took over in Dorne. The small council did not care about any of it, though.

I just listened to that part again, they only mention Myrcella and the women overthrowing and taking control of Dorne. Nothing specifically about Trystane. I suppose maybe he's being included in the "overthrowing Dorne" part, but that doesn't make much sense since it's sort of a different matter being that it occurred at King's Landing and they haven't caught the murderer.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondered why they did the entire Kalessi House scene, seems like bring the Dragon pain down on the horseman (we know it is going to happen) could have shortened that story line a bit, leave room for more other developments.

As far as Jon giving up his authority, we all again, saw this coming. How the Black Watch, all what 40 of them deal with "electing" a new Commander or just cede to Jon's wish of appointing one, I don't think it matters to Jon anymore. He out. >drops the mic<

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what they're doing with Rickon and house Umber. In the books (I know we're beyond those), House Umber is among the most loyal of Stark supporters. Seems an odd thing for the show to completely re-write how a house is...especially when they've stayed pretty true to everything like that so far...unless its a trick, of course.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case it wasn't clear to everyone...

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
―The Night's Watch oath

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what they're doing with Rickon and house Umber. In the books (I know we're beyond those), House Umber is among the most loyal of Stark supporters. Seems an odd thing for the show to completely re-write how a house is...especially when they've stayed pretty true to everything like that so far...unless its a trick, of course.

I think they're still tying this into the books somewhat. I see two outcomes for Rickon (and Osha).

1) Flayed and displayed in front of opposing Northern Army at the beginning of Bastard Bowl. Umbers stay loyal to Boltons. Not how it happens in the books.

2) Replace Mance's arc in ADwD. Osha and Rickon cause mayhem from the inside of Winterfell to the Boltons, like Mance and his spearwives did. Umbers gain Bolton's trust presenting Osha, Rickon, and "Shaggy Dog" (only I don't think that was actually Shaggy Dog), side with Boltons, convince Ramsay to meet Jon, Davos, Sansa and Co. on the battlefield and then turn on the Boltons (like Manderly is doing in ADwD and TWoW). Jon takes Stannis' place from the books here, or Davos takes it. The North Remembers.

Number 1 is definitely more likely, and number 2 might be giving the show too much credit. I'm really hoping for number 2 though because that could be dope. Also, if Bastard Bowl is supposed to happen Ep. 9, what they heck are they going to do until then? This could fit.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case it wasn't clear to everyone...

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
―The Night's Watch oath

"My Watch has Ended". Epic mic drop, but I wonder where he was walking off to?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're still tying this into the books somewhat. I see two outcomes for Rickon (and Osha).

1) Flayed and displayed in front of opposing Northern Army at the beginning of Bastard Bowl. Umbers stay loyal to Boltons. Not how it happens in the books.

2) Replace Mance's arc in ADwD. Osha and Rickon cause mayhem from the inside of Winterfell to the Boltons, like Mance and his spearwives did. Umbers gain Bolton's trust presenting Osha, Rickon, and "Shaggy Dog" (only I don't think that was actually Shaggy Dog), side with Boltons, convince Ramsay to meet Jon, Davos, Sansa and Co. on the battlefield and then turn on the Boltons (like Manderly is doing in ADwD and TWoW). Jon takes Stannis' place from the books here, or Davos takes it. The North Remembers.

Number 1 is definitely more likely, and number 2 might be giving the show too much credit. I'm really hoping for number 2 though because that could be dope. Also, if Bastard Bowl is supposed to happen Ep. 9, what they heck are they going to do until then? This could fit.

I am leaning #2 as well, and I don't think that was actually Shaggy Dog either.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. I don't think Umber would go with the Bolton's and screw the remaining Starks like this.

The wolf wasn't Shaggy, and Smalljon is working to help the Starks here.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't see any possibility that Umber was really turning over Rickon Stark to Ramsay. It just didn't work on any level. It had to be some kind of plot/double cross. But then the dire wolf head did make me question it for a second. Until I remembered this season is just some schmucks fumbling in the dark trying to find a path that GRRM described to them but hasn't drawn the map of yet.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally fascinated by the Arya storyline. The Snow stuff was obvious, but even so it was very good.
This is a great tv show.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be remiss if I did not mention the Bran/flashback stuff. Also excellent. Hooked on the Lyanna storyline as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are a bunch of losers. All this Umber nonsense talk and not one of you mentioned the best part of the entire episode: Pycelle's fart.

:pound:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be remiss if I did not mention the Bran/flashback stuff. Also excellent. Hooked on the Lyanna storyline as well.

As much as I want to see the conclusion to the Tower of Joy flashback I kind of hope and suspect that we won't see that until episode 9 or 10. I think in the meantime we'll see some other Lyanna stuff building up to that. It'd be cool to see some of the stuff from the tourney at Harrenhall even though Littlefinger and Oberyn already talked about it a bit. Would be cool to actually see how it played out.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are a bunch of losers. All this Umber nonsense talk and not one of you mentioned the best part of the entire episode: Pycelle's fart.

:pound:

Honestly one of my favorite parts. Some people are bashing the comedy this season, but after how friggin dark and gloomy last season was, I think this is well placed. Qyburn's candy is creepy/funny too.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Clegane-Bowl could happen. If so, there was quite a bit of foreshadowing of it in this episode.
I have been hoping for quite some time that The Hound somehow survived.

If they were trying to trick Ramsey why wouldn't they just kneel to the lord they intend to betray? I think declining to kneel sent some red flags to Ramsey.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't see any possibility that Umber was really turning over Rickon Stark to Ramsay. It just didn't work on any level. It had to be some kind of plot/double cross. But then the dire wolf head did make me question it for a second. Until I remembered this season is just some schmucks fumbling in the dark trying to find a path that GRRM described to them but hasn't drawn the map of yet.
It does have that feeling. Story is weak so far this season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were trying to trick Ramsey why wouldn't they just kneel to the lord they intend to betray? I think declining to kneel sent some red flags to Ramsey.

North isn't big on kneeling.