• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Jaime is gonna figure out it was poison that killed Myrcella. Shit might be going down b/t them. Certainly, Cersei is going to want war.
It seems like Cercei has burned too many bridges to get any other forces than the Lannister army together. She won't be getting the Tyrells to bend over backwards for her and the only other force she has on her side would be the Freys and Boltons but they're still kind of trying to stand tall in the north as it is. Who knows what Baelish has up his sleeve now that the chips have fallen after Stannis' army failed.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin has pretty much lost me. Not because he's killing off "favorites" of mine or something but rather because it's just bad storytelling. I was hoping that the show would correct his mistakes but they seem to have gone all in at least in regards to the poorly done stuff. There is no way this isn't bad. 1 - Snow comes back. That's silly. 2. Snow is dead. Silly. Either way it's bad storytelling.

Also of note, Jon is NOT a POV character in the next book. If he comes back it will be something absurd and idiotic.
They've only released like 4 pov chapter previews. The rest are still a mystery. So you don't know that.
Martin has also taken to renaming character chapters in the last two books to something somewhat cryptic. So rather than have a Sansa chapter, he has Alayne. Or instead of Theon, it's A Ghost in Winterfell.

He wargs into Ghost. Bank on it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olly is worst character of all time. He needs a very painful death.

Sand snake poison, r*pe, burned alive, reek casteration.

All of those things

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Cercei has burned too many bridges to get any other forces than the Lannister army together. She won't be getting the Tyrells to bend over backwards for her and the only other force she has on her side would be the Freys and Boltons but they're still kind of trying to stand tall in the north as it is. Who knows what Baelish has up his sleeve now that the chips have fallen after Stannis' army failed.

Cersei talks too much, did she not realize that Lancel would sell her out? She had Bran thrown off a fucking tower but didn't even think about what Lancel knows.

Robert knew how to deal with her properly.
Cersei-Gets-Slapped.gif

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case anybody was curious on some of the differences between the book and the show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just re watched Hardhome (S5E8) tonight...

When Olly goes into Sam's room after the brawl and the sweet love-making between Sam and Gilly, he asks Sam his advice about Jon. After some back and fourth, Sam says...

"Don't worry about Jon. He always comes back."

IMHO, that is clear foreshadowing that Jon will be back. I am not sure if he will be back as Ser Stoneheart or as Jon Snow, but he will be back.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olly is worst character of all time. He needs a very painful death.

Sand snake poison, r*pe, burned alive, reek casteration.

All of those things

LOL at them calling Olly the JarJar Binks of GOT. It does suit him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer about Snow dying... Wasn't expecting that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've only released like 4 pov chapter previews. The rest are still a mystery. So you don't know that.
Martin has also taken to renaming character chapters in the last two books to something somewhat cryptic. So rather than have a Sansa chapter, he has Alayne. Or instead of Theon, it's A Ghost in Winterfell.

He wargs into Ghost. Bank on it.
You're right, I don't' know for certain. I do know that Harrington isn't in the next season of Thrones though and so far there is no Snow chapter in the next book. Him warging into ghost would be one of the most idiotic and desperate things that he could do to correct his mistake and I'm not really interested in watching him try on bandaids for two more books.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not correct a mistake if it's been planned since before Jon's 'death'

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense poopy-pants. You can absolutely plan something in advance and have it still turn out to be a mistake.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense poopy-pants. You can absolutely plan something in advance and have it still turn out to be a mistake.

Like planning on taking a 15 year break away from the action so all the young kids can grow up. And then NOT taking a break, so you're still dealing with kids. Both mistakes.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a week it's been. On the day of the premiere of the season finale, the wife and I fly into Cancun right into the beginning of Tropical Storm Bill. We are refugees in the hotel lobby for 4 hours while it's raining cats and dogs until our room is ready. And the only broadcast of the show we can watch is in Spanish. It was annoying but I figured out most of what was going on. Except for all the dialogue going on in Dany's throne room. And I wondered if maybe the dragon was going to die.

Just got to see the episode in English. Nearly half of Stannis' troops deserting, as well as Little Red Riding Hood. She's pretty much alone now in a bad place. What's she gonna do now? Will the Crows "comfort" her? Or will Davos separate her head from her body? For the first time I have to wait a year for this.

I got spoiled on what was going to happen to Cersei. But seeing it was good nonetheless. As it's been said before, if you want to see the real Cersei, watch the first 300 movie. The end credits song should have been this:

She'll be coming with the Mountain when she comes
She'll be coming with the Mountain
And the Sparrows they'll be trouncing

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in Season 1, Ned tells Jon that the next time they see each other, they would talk about his mother. Well Ned died before they ever saw each other again. Now Jon's dead too, but expected to be revived. Any chance that they meet in some sort of afterlife of the "Old Gods" and Ned reveals the truth to Jon? It wouldn't necessarily have to be shown on screen. Jon could wake up at eventually reveal this information that he learned while dead.

Otherwise I think he (we)'ll have to find out through Melissandre, Benjen, or Bran. I can't think of anyone else alive who could know already or have the mean to find out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in Season 1, Ned tells Jon that the next time they see each other, they would talk about his mother. Well Ned died before they ever saw each other again. Now Jon's dead too, but expected to be revived. Any chance that they meet in some sort of afterlife of the "Old Gods" and Ned reveals the truth to Jon?

Otherwise I think he (we)'ll have to find out through Melissandre, Benjen, or Bran. I can't think of anyone else alive who could know already or have the mean to find out.
I noticed that comment from Ned as well, and figured it was just a huge plant about the identity not being a simple whore, as was the story. I doubt they will have a heavenly encounter, though. That would be a bit too high on the cheese rating for my tastes.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in Season 1, Ned tells Jon that the next time they see each other, they would talk about his mother. Well Ned died before they ever saw each other again. Now Jon's dead too, but expected to be revived. Any chance that they meet in some sort of afterlife of the "Old Gods" and Ned reveals the truth to Jon? It wouldn't necessarily have to be shown on screen. Jon could wake up at eventually reveal this information that he learned while dead.

The Fire Bitch will save him. & I agree somewhere down the line tell him/us why he is royalty.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howland Reed. But the show hasn't really mentioned him so I doubt it happens in the show.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, only 40 and a half weeks until we get more answers.

:pout: