• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how some people keep bringing up the Night's Watch vows, when Sam already explained a loophole in the text in a previous season. It says never take a wife, not that you can't have sex. "It's open to interpretation".

That's unfortunate. I actually really liked his character.

Yeah, I was hoping to see Gregor vs the Hound again but I guess that'll never happen since he's basically a killing robot now.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how some people keep bringing up the Night's Watch vows, when Sam already explained a loophole in the text in a previous season. It says never take a wife, not that you can't have sex. "It's open to interpretation".

Yeah, I was hoping to see Gregor vs the Hound again but I guess that'll never happen since he's basically a killing robot now.

I thought his storyline was pretty interesting and it takes the fun out of his character if he can't talk. He's one of those characters you actually wanted to root for even though he was a bad guy, at least in my case.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good theory.

Except Jon has no claim to royalty as a Stark. If he is, in fact, Targarian, then OK, but how would she know this? Can she "smell" royalty?

It actually seems as though she can. She knew Gendry was Robert Baratheon's bastard somehow. When she first appeared at the Wall during last season's finale, one of the first things she did was stare at Jon like she knew something about this guy.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a badly shot scene if it's supposed to be like the books. I figure since the books are actually behind on almost every single POV that isn't even, there's no need to do spoiler tags anymore.

In the books they discuss jumping into the huge/deep snow drift that has accumulated around the outside of the castle. That was before the magical thaw that melted all the snow though. Not to mention they don't specifically show somebody being thrown to their death from the exact same height 30 seconds before that. But yeah, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to not only survive, but walk away relatively injury free

They were actually higher than Miranda was. They went up a few stairs and then climbed the wall. That being said, it would have been entirely plausible that there was more snow surrounding the castle than within the castle walls had they not shown a shot where they looked down and this didn't appear to be the case. Not only would the shovel inside the castle but larger drifts would form around the outside of the castle. But again, that's not really what we saw when it showed them look down. The snow needed to be much higher. Whether the snow was soft or hard I think they'd be fucked either way jumping from that high above the snow. Either it's hard and they'd be dead from the fall no matter how deep it was. Or it could be soft but not deep enough and it would be like there was no snow and they'd be dead from the fall too. Or if it was soft and deep they might survive the fall but then would probably be stuck in the snow and unless someone comes and digs them out, they likely freeze to death.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were actually higher than Miranda was. They went up a few stairs and then climbed the wall. That being said, it would have been entirely plausible that there was more snow surrounding the castle than within the castle walls had they not shown a shot where they looked down and this didn't appear to be the case. Not only would the shovel inside the castle but larger drifts would form around the outside of the castle. But again, that's not really what we saw when it showed them look down. The snow needed to be much higher. Whether the snow was soft or hard I think they'd be fucked either way jumping from that high above the snow. Either it's hard and they'd be dead from the fall no matter how deep it was. Or it could be soft but not deep enough and it would be like there was no snow and they'd be dead from the fall too. Or if it was soft and deep they might survive the fall but then would probably be stuck in the snow and unless someone comes and digs them out, they likely freeze to death.

I agree. Like I said it was a really poorly done scene by the TV show producers/directors/writers whoever was involved. It's another one of the things they took from the book, and changed. And the changes just don't work. The scene worked in the books, but literally every change they made was for the worse. It just didn't work.

Unless that was a double suicide. Then it was believable.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I have been rewarding the series from the start, I have been paying particular attention to the opening credits and the map. Then I found this map online...

Interactive Game of Thrones Map with Spoilers Control

The map in the show is quite different. For example, in the opening credits, Braavos is very far south, somewhat near Dorne. Also, Mereen is east of Braavos, also on the north coast of the Dothroki Sea. Finally, when they show Sunspear (I assume that is where they are trying to represent), call it "Dorne", and place it closer to Godsgrace.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll keep bringing up the vows forever because I hate what the show did.

If he doesn't bang her, doesn't fall in love, doesn't break his vows then everything he did was out of honor and duty and responsibility. I don't know about other people, but personally I respect a person like that. The one who makes the hard choices and sacrifices to put something above his own wants. That's who he is and speaks to the very core of his being.

Because he did bang her, he did fall in love, and he did break his vows then everything he did was to get some pussy. He sold out his friends, his brothers, his everything and worse than that he's the kind of guy who tries to justify it through technicalities. That's who he is and speaks to the very core of his being.

Now nobody is perfect and I don't expect Sam to be either. And I don't actually have a problem with a dude who "did it all for the nookie." What I don't like is that they purposefully made that change. IMO they are now separate characters, unlike everyone else on the show or the book. The book Sam and the show Sam are in no way the same person, they have completely different motivations, actions, and reactions. Just because the idiot writers on the show thought people needed a live story to care about a character.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be telling the truth. maybe Kit Harrington's role is done. But that doesn't mean that Jon Snow's story is done. Or that the active character of Jon Snow is in any way diminished.

He's a Warg. He went into Ghost. Maybe Kit comes back in Season 7. But it wouldn't be necessary. He could end up all CGI like the Night King.

Your making a lot of assumptions there. We're talking about George Martin here. The guy doesn't skip a beat killing off main characters.

I find Jon and Ned's situations very similar. Ned was a guy trying to do the right thing, but he was surrounded by those who didn't see it that way. It ultimately gets him killed because he became fixated on trying to do the right thing, when not considering what those around him will think about it. Same thing happened to Jon. He tried to do the right thing, but those in the nightswatch around him saw it as a betrayal.

It seems to be a common theme with Martin and the GOT world.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon was also pretty much setup for failure when he moved into leadership roles within the Nightswatch.

The issue is the nightwatch itself. While you have a few who may have a sense of honor who end up there sent by order of their families or came from positions of power elsewhere, the majority of them are conscripts whose backgrounds are violent criminals. The code of the nightwatch is the glue that's supposed to hold it all together, but it's a recipe for disaster and a high body count when the majority have no sense of honor or loyalty to begin with.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll keep bringing up the vows forever because I hate what the show did.

If he doesn't bang her, doesn't fall in love, doesn't break his vows then everything he did was out of honor and duty and responsibility. I don't know about other people, but personally I respect a person like that. The one who makes the hard choices and sacrifices to put something above his own wants. That's who he is and speaks to the very core of his being.

Because he did bang her, he did fall in love, and he did break his vows then everything he did was to get some pussy. He sold out his friends, his brothers, his everything and worse than that he's the kind of guy who tries to justify it through technicalities. That's who he is and speaks to the very core of his being.

Now nobody is perfect and I don't expect Sam to be either. And I don't actually have a problem with a dude who "did it all for the nookie." What I don't like is that they purposefully made that change. IMO they are now separate characters, unlike everyone else on the show or the book. The book Sam and the show Sam are in no way the same person, they have completely different motivations, actions, and reactions. Just because the idiot writers on the show thought people needed a live story to care about a character.

The same brothers who betrayed Jon even though he's just doing what's best for humanity? Don't feel like Sam or Jon owed those dudes anything but if it was like that in the books, then I can understand being a little upset about it. I feel like it's much more realistic for them not to pass up the pussy. I'm guessing Sam has been called pathetic most of his life and both he and Jon were virgins when they came to the Wall. What would you do in the same position? Are you a cliched lone hero who turns down some ass because of his duties? I don't consider it dishonorable to have flaws or make mistakes, not every hero has to be Batman imo.

Let's not forget that Jon turned down Melisandra too, so its not completely about the pussy. It's not like they're both going down to the brothel or something like the rest of their "brothers"

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin has pretty much lost me. Not because he's killing off "favorites" of mine or something but rather because it's just bad storytelling. I was hoping that the show would correct his mistakes but they seem to have gone all in at least in regards to the poorly done stuff. There is no way this isn't bad. 1 - Snow comes back. That's silly. 2. Snow is dead. Silly. Either way it's bad storytelling.

Also of note, Jon is NOT a POV character in the next book. If he comes back it will be something absurd and idiotic.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Brienne thing just reminds me of a heel in wrestling coming in at the end of a match. Stannis was down to like 5% and here she is charging in at 100% to clean up. I was hoping for a more honorable death for Stannis on the battlefield than that.
I almost forgot. She did the same thing to Sandor Clegane as well (my favorite character in the show). What a bitch.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me when you were watching it that you weren't thinking 'Wait a minute, she's way more attractive than that isn't she?' Just saying.

Nope. I was thinking 'I wish that nun bitch would cut it out with the "shame" business so I can jerk off in peace.'

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still ram that. The tits were, okay. The ass was quite impressive for someone of her age. And the rest was nice as well, aside from the unshaved bush.

Dude. A bush, particularly if nicely trimmed, can be a refreshing change of pace. I like muffs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I wasn't paying attention at the moment but do we know she hung herself? I assumed some of the deserters did it after the burning of Shireen.

That was my take on it too. I suppose suicide is a possibility, but I'd bet she was hanged.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's unfortunate. I actually really liked his character.

I liked Stannis too. Maybe that's just because I think Melisandre is the hottest bitch on the show, but whatever.

I will say I didn't like him much after he burned his kid.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't mind if we go back to Dorne again as long as we see those sweet sweet titties some more.
Is there any reason to other than when Doran figures out Ellaria poisoned Myrcella? I guess the Lannisters would probably try to ransom off Trystane or execute him.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any reason to other than when Doran figures out Ellaria poisoned Myrcella? I guess the Lannisters would probably try to ransom off Trystane or execute him.

I'm guessing Jaime is gonna figure out it was poison that killed Myrcella. Shit might be going down b/t them. Certainly, Cersei is going to want war.