• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of the show that doesn't really make sense when it comes to rezzing folks from the dead. First, why bring this ability up at all if they never intend to use it? Waste of screen time. Why have a major character die who is in close proximity to someone who can apparently do the deed, if they don't intend to have it happen? It may not, they may choose to run this in an entirely different direction, but it would seem as though someone would have figured it out long before they wasted time setting it all up.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add into that Jon's sword has just now been shown to be a weapon against the walkers. That kind of relevation just seems too big to just die with Jon.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, it was said it was a body double used for 'most' of the nude scenes with her.

They'd have to use CGI unless you're talking about the ass shots. And really, if a broad's gonna show her tits and muff, is she really going to have a hard time showing her ass?

I question that it was a body double.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add into that Jon's sword has just now been shown to be a weapon against the walkers. That kind of relevation just seems too big to just die with Jon.

That revelation wouldn't die with Jon even if he's really dead. He talked about it with that chubby fuck that fucks Gilly.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At issue right now are new comments from the actor himself.
He may be telling the truth. maybe Kit Harrington's role is done. But that doesn't mean that Jon Snow's story is done. Or that the active character of Jon Snow is in any way diminished.

He's a Warg. He went into Ghost. Maybe Kit comes back in Season 7. But it wouldn't be necessary. He could end up all CGI like the Night King.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they had here on there for a while. Not the best body on the planet, but I'd fire a shot for sure.

I guess Lena was preggers at the time of the shoot. Most of what we saw was a body double (with a healthy bush).

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Lena was preggers at the time of the shoot. Most of what we saw was a body double (with a healthy bush).

Well, fuck you, Champ.

I think I saw a little boy walking down the street with a balloon, if you hurry, you can probably run him down and pop his balloon.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be telling the truth. maybe Kit Harrington's role is done. But that doesn't mean that Jon Snow's story is done. Or that the active character of Jon Snow is in any way diminished.

He's a Warg. He went into Ghost. Maybe Kit comes back in Season 7. But it wouldn't be necessary. He could end up all CGI like the Night King.
I bet we see Kit as Jon Snow again. They're just setting up a big payoff and Kit is doing his part to preserve it. I'm sure they've game planned the associated PR.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is little reason to believe he is a warg. The warg ability does not appear to be genetic. Jojen's sister is not a warg.

Someone, somewhere, proposed that Arya was "warg-ing" when she started going blind. This does not make sense. "Warg-ing" is, in a way, ENHANCED sight, not blindness. Also, when one "wargs", they are no longer in their original body. They are in the new, possessed body. So Arya would not have been afraid of going blind, and she would not have voiced such a fear from Arya's mouth.

Jojen stated that one can not warg too long, or they would become the one they are possessing, and lose himself. If Jon were to warg into Ghost, he would lose Jon within some time period (I would assume days, but that was not specifically made clear). However, when Jon killed the Wilding warg, he warged into the raven just before death, so we know that it does happen. His eyes, however, turned warg-white before he left.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest take away I got from the season 5 finale is how difficult it was to keep a hard on to jerk off to Cersi while that fucking nun lady kept saying "shame."

I really had to focus.

resized_harness-good-block-bad-meme-generator-harness-good-block-bad-5001bc.jpg

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is little reason to believe he is a warg. The warg ability does not appear to be genetic. Jojen's sister is not a warg.

Someone, somewhere, proposed that Arya was "warg-ing" when she started going blind. This does not make sense. "Warg-ing" is, in a way, ENHANCED sight, not blindness. Also, when one "wargs", they are no longer in their original body. They are in the new, possessed body. So Arya would not have been afraid of going blind, and she would not have voiced such a fear from Arya's mouth.

Jojen stated that one can not warg too long, or they would become the one they are possessing, and lose himself. If Jon were to warg into Ghost, he would lose Jon within some time period (I would assume days, but that was not specifically made clear). However, when Jon killed the Wilding warg, he warged into the raven just before death, so we know that it does happen. His eyes, however, turned warg-white before he left.
Arya wasn't warging. She was being punished/trained. The blindness was imposed on her by Jaqen.

Jon can warg, though he doesn't know it. Second to Bran in ability (though that is clear only in book lore). Fatal blows would have him instinctively seek out his connection to his wolf. He would eventually lose himself, but I think it is longer than days. Weeks, more like, if he wasn't able to get back into his body; or have help by someone like Melisandre, the mystics that Bran is with, or even the Night King.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya wasn't warging. She was being punished/trained. The blindness was imposed on her by Jaqen.
Correction..

She was being punished by nobody.

But I agree. I was stating that I did not subscribe to the Arya = warg theory.

Jon can warg, though he doesn't know it. Second to Bran in ability (though that is clear only in book lore). Fatal blows would have him instinctively seek out his connection to his wolf. He would eventually lose himself, but I think it is longer than days. Weeks, more like, if he wasn't able to get back into his body; or have help by someone like Melisandre, the mystics that Bran is with, or even the Night King.

While you are probably right that he is a warg (and a Targarian, and ...), in the TV show so far, there is ZERO evidence that he is a warg (unless the link between the Starks and their wolves is considered a warg-connection). His eyes did not turn white like the Wilding warg's eyes when he was killed and took over the raven.

We have discussed here that there is a potential clue as to his Targarian-ness (grabbing the lantern when fighting the wight in the Maester's chamber). Is there any clue about him being a warg that I have missed in the show?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the show, they haven't. Yet. But if we can expect it to happen in the books, then it'll happen in the show. Too central a plot point to deviate.

Is Jon Snow Really Dead on Game of Thrones? | Vanity Fair

Jon Snow Could Warg into His Direwolf I mean, it will seem like a bit of a cop-out next season if this ends up being the solution. Especially since they didn’t establish Ghost as being anywhere near Jon. Nor have we seen Jon warg in the show. But we have seen characters like Bran and Orell throw themselves into their animals, so this could be a temporary solution for Jon. In the books, the last word he says as he goes down is “Ghost,” which is why people generally buy the warg explanation. Kit Harington alluded to the warg theory during a panel event earlier this year. He told the audience, “I’d like to be a warg. I’d like to put myself inside a wolf.” (As you might imagine this got a lot of laughs.) Show creator D.B. Weiss then said, “Two words for you: Season 6.” It all seems like a joke, but maybe not. And even if they’re not joking, ”Jon Snow is a wolf now“ doesn’t sound like a permanent solution, does it? So what happens next?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the show did bring Melisandre back to Castle Black gives me hope. If "For The Watch" happened without her present, I'd be depressed about Jon's fate. In the books she is also there, so the common theory is that she will bring him back...even a bigger possibility since in the show, Stannis is dead. Better yet, his death can free him from his pledge to the night's watch...assuming he gets resurrected. If he's dead and stays dead, it really doesn't match the story as a whole and doesn't make any sense...plus, without Sam at the wall anymore, we are left with only Melisandre up there as POV characters in the books and Davos up there as a show character. Again, it doesn't match the overall story at all.

I've heard Kit is signed on through 7 seasons, but he is giving interviews saying he won't be back. I'm hoping that he is just fibbing so his return is a shock. But, if he is dead and gone, I'm switching my allegiance to The Night's King. Hope the white walkers lay waste to everyone and everything.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is that after he wargs into his wolf. Mel does some stuff with his corpse and puts it in the cells at the wall, rather than let them burn him.

After the White Walkers attack, Jon's body reanimates, and now that Jon knows he can do it, he forces himself back into his own corpse, takes control.

Now he's got his own consciousness in an amped up body. Doesn't feel pain, or cold. Doesn't need to eat. Extra strong. Whose side he chooses to be on at that point, is up in the air.

I think he ends up in direct opposition to Danerys.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the books Jon does warg though he doesn't quite realize it 1/2 the time. He sees things through Ghost's eyes. Arya does warg in the books too when she goes blind. She sees "the kindly man" trying to hit her through a cat's eyes. It appears all the Starks had some warging ability except Sansa, who's wolf died before she could make that bond.

Jojen cannot warg, he has "green sight" which is basically the ability to see into the future.