• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Behind Gandy and Dany, he has the strongest claim to it at this point. Toman doesnt have the blood or the balls for it.
Yea, Tommen seems to be the weakest character we've ever seen in the show.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next to Sansa.

Gawd I hate her...
It seems like both of the Stark girls are pretty hardheaded in their own way. All of the Stark men besides Rickon have shown that they're good leaders. It seems pretty consistent throughout the show at least.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like both of the Stark girls are pretty hardheaded in their own way. All of the Stark men besides Rickon have shown that they're good leaders. It seems pretty consistent throughout the show at least.
Sansa is hard-headed like a donkey. She adds nothing herself. She just whines about how whoa-begotten she is.

Arya is more like a Stark brother. She sees her own predicament and actively does something to affect the situation.

We really dont know enough about Rickon to know where he lies. However, I would guess he is more like a brother than like Sansa. He wanted to stay with Bran to protect him, but Bran sent him away so Rickon would be safe instead. Both moves characteristic of a Stark brother.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question for bookies, and to avoid spoilers, I prefer a yes/no answer...

Was the Stannis daughter scene in the books as well?

Nope and I was shocked to see it on screen...though GRRM told the show runners to do it, so it might be forthcoming in the books.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the Daario casting change. I like the new guy much better but it would have been nice if they at least looked somewhat similar. The thing is, there are a few characters from the books that were left out that they could have used for the new actor. Give him their name but otherwise have him play the same role. TV Daario has already sort of taken on some of their storylines anyway. Book Daario isn't even part of the Second Sons.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't hated anyone on this show as much I do Sansa in a long time, she is just so intolerable.

Also I find the whole Daenerys storyline incredibly boring, thank god for Tyrion showing up because he at least adds something to her scenes.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't hated anyone on this show as much I do Sansa in a long time, she is just so intolerable.

Also I find the whole Daenerys storyline incredibly boring, thank god for Tyrion showing up because he at least adds something to her scenes.

Excerpt from the Winds of Winter | George R.R. Martin

Just a single chapter from the upcoming books from Sansa's POV. Alayne=Sansa in a plot that was entirely changed for the show. Even reading one chapter in her POV pisses me off. She's such a little twat. Way worse in the books than the show.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't miss the roast of the Boltons hosted by Stannis Baratheon this Sunday. Special guests include Ser Davos, Roose Bolton, Ramsay Bolton, Princess Shireen Baratheon, and Melisandre.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't miss the roast of the Boltons hosted by Stannis Baratheon this Sunday. Special guests include Ser Davos, Roose Bolton, Ramsay Bolton, Princess Shireen Baratheon, and Melisandre.

I get the feeling Brienne might stop by as well. If so, I imagine Poderick will be there and will now be quite the sword fighter.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for a finale that I really have no clue how it will end considering that were already up to and in some sense surpassed the books.

You now have essentially two of the most despised characters going to face off in Ramsey and Stannis either in the finale or setting up for next season. Cersei's redemption, Jon's storyline and what happens now that Dany has gone off with Drogon.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling Brienne might stop by as well. If so, I imagine Poderick will be there and will now be quite the sword fighter.
Pod probably won't be a badass but I'm sure he will get another kill or two at some point.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sansa is hard-headed like a donkey. She adds nothing herself. She just whines about how whoa-begotten she is.

Arya is more like a Stark brother. She sees her own predicament and actively does something to affect the situation.

We really dont know enough about Rickon to know where he lies. However, I would guess he is more like a brother than like Sansa. He wanted to stay with Bran to protect him, but Bran sent him away so Rickon would be safe instead. Both moves characteristic of a Stark brother.
Sansa fits the role of a spoiled rich girl pretty well. If this was a show set in the 21st century she would have been throwing a temper tantrum over getting the wrong color of sports car on her 16th birthday.
I'm excited for a finale that I really have no clue how it will end considering that were already up to and in some sense surpassed the books.

You now have essentially two of the most despised characters going to face off in Ramsey and Stannis either in the finale or setting up for next season. Cersei's redemption, Jon's storyline and what happens now that Dany has gone off with Drogon.
I think Stannis is more a utilitarian. The pain a few means little when he's trying to save the entire realm while claiming (justly IMO) his position as king. I wonder how he's going to try and create an heir though...I'm guessing Melisandre has some black magic up her sleeve to get that job done if he ever has the chance to claim the throne. Ramsay on the other hand seems to be a sadist.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I just realized that Jorah and Lord Commander Mormont are father/son. I had to look it up for confirmation. Was this ever mentioned in the show?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I just realized that Jorah and Lord Commander Mormont are father/son. I had to look it up for confirmation. Was this ever mentioned in the show?
It was mentioned I think when he gave Jon his sword. I think he mentioned how it was originally meant for his son Jorah until he disgraced his family so he's giving it to Jon instead, or something like that. It was early in the series while people were still trying to get familiar with all the characters so it's one of those things that could definitely get missed the first time watching by someone that hadn't read the books.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

It was also mentioned just a couple episodes ago when Tyrion and Jorah arrived on the beach after the attack of the Stone Men. Tyrion told Jorah his father was killed by mutineers from the Night's Watch.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream about the finale last night, and I'm pretty sure I know what's going to happen in tonight's episode.

I'm going to make a guest appearance and fuck Melisandre's brains right out of her head.

I can't wait.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream about the finale last night, and I'm pretty sure I know what's going to happen in tonight's episode.

I'm going to make a guest appearance and fuck Melisandre's brains right out of her head.

I can't wait.

Damn. I shouldn't have clicked the spoiler button. Completely ruined that scene for me.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts on tonight's episode and what future episodes might entail

Man that sucks Jon Snow died. A few episodes ago I sort of thought he might go at the hands of a white walker but then one of friends told me about the Jon Snow- Targaryen theory and it seemed so spot on I figured there was no way they would kill him off, at least this season.

All this said, I can totally see a huge twist here. Melisandre is now in the same place Jon Snow is and Jon Snow is the next closest thing to anything royal. Could she use the Lord of Light to bring Jon Snow back from the dead the same way Thoros did with the Brothers Against Banners? But I guess you may ask why would she do this rather than sticking around Winterfell and bringing Stannis back to life?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts on tonight's episode and what future episodes might entail

Man that sucks Jon Snow died. A few episodes ago I sort of thought he might go at the hands of a white walker but then one of friends told me about the Jon Snow- Targaryen theory and it seemed so spot on I figured there was no way they would kill him off, at least this season.

All this said, I can totally see a huge twist here. Melisandre is now in the same place Jon Snow is and Jon Snow is the next closest thing to anything royal. Could she use the Lord of Light to bring Jon Snow back from the dead the same way Thoros did with the Brothers Against Banners? But I guess you may ask why would she do this rather than sticking around Winterfell and bringing Stannis back to life?
Good theory.

Except Jon has no claim to royalty as a Stark. If he is, in fact, Targarian, then OK, but how would she know this? Can she "smell" royalty?

Anyone else feel bad for the citizens of Kings Landing, even before Zombie-Mountain showed up? All throughout her walk, all I could think was "She is going to fuck this city up, big time."