• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I stated earlier, I am rewatching the whole series right now. I am just starting S3.

One storyline I had forgotten about was Robert's bastard (Gansy??). Was he killed, or is he still alive out there somewhere? Last I remember him was with the Brothers without Banners (this is also where he is where I am watching right now at the beginning of S3).

If they have dropped his storyline, and he is not dead, than other rumors of what will happen in the Finale could lead to his return with the BwoBs...

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally Jon promised Stannis he would return his ships to him. Yet they clearly ditched the ships by coming ashore on the north side of the wall? They left from Eastwatch on the south side, why not dock there? Was it just so we could see that little douchebag kid giving Jon the stink eye again? Even if they didn't really ditch the ships, still not sure why they came ashore so far north.

Really gotta wonder about who proof reads these scripts at this point, so many changes just don't make any sense.

Jon departed on his quest to Hardhome from the NORTH side of the wall... that's where the ships were at... remember last season Stannis' army landed and attacked from the North side of the wall. I"m assuming the construction site of the Wall was chosen for several factors, one of which is the geography of the coast. My assumption is that the east coast of Westeros (for many miles South of the Wall) is too rugged/hazardous and not navigable near the shore with no appreciable landing access due to high bluffs & cliffs. When I picture Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, I imagine a Keep located on a high bluff/cliff.

So, I would think the closest place south of the Wall with access for ships would be located much south of The Grey Cliffs as one approaches the area near The Last River (named The Last River for a very good reason---- that reason being the coastal land located northeast of The Last River is too elevated for any Eastward flowing river drainage, thus no more rivers). If you look at a map of the North, notice the flow pattern of The Last River... it does not flow eastward because the east coast is too elevated, rather The Last River flows Southeast in the valley between the Lonely Hills and the highlands of The Last Hearth, Karhold, etc.

And of course, the area near The Last River Delta is located near the home territory of the Bolton's (Dreadfort).

The_North2.jpg

Following image is listed as Official Map from A Wiki of Ice and Fire - A Song of Ice and Fire & Game of Thrones

The_north_Adwd_map.jpg

Beyond_the_wall_Adwd_map.jpg

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I stated earlier, I am rewatching the whole series right now. I am just starting S3.

One storyline I had forgotten about was Robert's bastard (Gansy??). Was he killed, or is he still alive out there somewhere? Last I remember him was with the Brothers without Banners (this is also where he is where I am watching right now at the beginning of S3).

If they have dropped his storyline, and he is not dead, than other rumors of what will happen in the Finale could lead to his return with the BwoBs...
Seems like his whereabouts are unknown. After Ser Davos helped him escape he kind of disappears doesn't he? He probably can't trust The Brothers Without Banners since they were the ones who sold him off to Melisandre and their leader seems to be part of the same religion as her.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm assuming Gendry the blacksmith is in hiding, now knowing that he is a bastard of Robert Baratheon, and thus a potential target. We never saw any more of him after Ser Davos Seaworth put Gendry in a rowboat and told him to scoot.

I think it would be cool for Arya, Gendry, and Hot Pie the chef to happen upon each other again (for old times sake).

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stannis going to survive the season finale next week?

I think he might meet his end... possibly at the hands of Ramsay Bolton and his troops, or perhaps by Podrick (who is being trained to fight twice daily by Brienne). Brienne has sworn to kill Stannis, but it would be cool to have Brienne's squire do the deed instead. Remember... Podrick saved Tyrion at the Battle of Blackwater, could he also save Brienne's life in a similar manner, and thus win the lifetime achievement award as "Best Squire Ever".

Does Melisandre the Red Witch die soon?.. perhaps at the hands of Ser Davos Seaworth (Ser Davos is going to be devasted & furious if/when he learns about Princess Shireens fate). Or perhaps Brienne slices off Melisandre's head?

We know that Brienne and Podrick are located very near the area where Stannis and the Bolton's are at.

Last edited:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stannis going to survive the season finale next week?

I think he might meet his end... possibly at the hands of Ramsay Bolton and his troops, or perhaps by Podrick (who is being trained to fight twice daily by Brienne). Brienne has sworn to kill Stannis, but it would be cool to have Brienne's squire do the deed instead. Remember... Podrick saved Tyrion at the Battle of Blackwater, could he also save Brienne's life in a similar manner, and thus win the lifetime achievement award as "Best Squire Ever".

Does Melisandre the Red Witch die soon?.. perhaps at the hands of Ser Davos Seaworth (Ser Davos is going to be devasted & furious if/when he learns about Princess Shireens fate). Or perhaps Brienne slices off Melisandre's head?

We know that Brienne and Podrick are located very near the area where Stannis and the Bolton's are at.
Nobody respects Podrick except Tyrion but if there is anybody you want by your side it's Pod. He has been the most clutch character thus far.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has "Too old" gone viral yet? lmao

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on what will happen in the finale.

1. We won't see Dany or anything that is going down in Mereen until next season.

2. Cersi will confess and be shamed in front of everyone in Kings Landing.

3. Sir Davos will arrive just in time with supplies to help Stannis destroy the Bolton's.

4. That little shit head at Castle Black will try to kill Jon Snow. More than likely he will set fire to his room at night while Jon sleeps.

Season 6 will kick off with Jon Snow emerging from the fire with no burns... after all, he is a Targaryen. Right?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on what will happen in the finale.

1. We won't see Dany or anything that is going down in Mereen until next season.

2. Cersi will confess and be shamed in front of everyone in Kings Landing.

3. Sir Davos will arrive just in time with supplies to help Stannis destroy the Bolton's.

4. That little shit head at Castle Black will try to kill Jon Snow. More than likely he will set fire to his room at night while Jon sleeps.

Season 6 will kick off with Jon Snow emerging from the fire with no burns... after all, he is a Targaryen. Right?
I thought Ned was always very cagey about who Jon's mother was...

Targaryans are blond/white of hair, though. Jon has jet black.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ned was always very cagey about who Jon's mother was...

Targaryans are blond/white of hair, though. Jon has jet black.

Targaryans were also mostly inbred for generations. If a Targareyan mated outside her/her family, they wouldn't necessarily have those features.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question for bookies, and to avoid spoilers, I prefer a yes/no answer...

Was the Stannis daughter scene in the books as well?

No. At this point, it's beyond spoilers time, so I can't see a problem saying this. She is never killed like this in any of the books. She's alive at the end of book 5.

But the TV shows creators are saying they got the idea from discussions with George Martin, meaning that it might occur in the 6th book currently being written. It also goes to show that the tv show has jumped around leaving so many other characters stories out and so forth, that they're running out of book related material for certain central characters that they've concentrated on.

We are definitely getting really close to the end of book material for at least one other central character. And unless the 6th book, Winds of Winter, is completed by Martin before filming of the 6th season starts, the show is going to get weird fast. It also goes to show that the those doing the tv show could live up to their claims that seasons 6 or 7 at most will be the last, even if it doesn't wrap everything up in a bow at the end. Martin writes at a snails pace at times, and it could be years before book 7 even gets finished.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon departed on his quest to Hardhome from the NORTH side of the wall... that's where the ships were at... remember last season Stannis' army landed and attacked from the North side of the wall. I"m assuming the construction site of the Wall was chosen for several factors, one of which is the geography of the coast. My assumption is that the east coast of Westeros (for many miles South of the Wall) is too rugged/hazardous and not navigable near the shore with no appreciable landing access due to high bluffs & cliffs. When I picture Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, I imagine a Keep located on a high bluff/cliff.

So, I would think the closest place south of the Wall with access for ships would be located much south of The Grey Cliffs as one approaches the area near The Last River (named The Last River for a very good reason---- that reason being the coastal land located northeast of The Last River is too elevated for any Eastward flowing river drainage, thus no more rivers). If you look at a map of the North, notice the flow pattern of The Last River... it does not flow eastward because the east coast is too elevated, rather The Last River flows Southeast in the valley between the Lonely Hills and the highlands of The Last Hearth, Karhold, etc.

And of course, the area near The Last River Delta is located near the home territory of the Bolton's (Dreadfort).

The_North2.jpg

Following image is listed as Official Map from A Wiki of Ice and Fire - A Song of Ice and Fire & Game of Thrones

The_north_Adwd_map.jpg

Beyond_the_wall_Adwd_map.jpg

I know that Stannis landed north of the wall ( in the show at least), but if Jon is going to return the ships why not land at Eastwatch? We know from the books that this is a port since Gillie, Sam, and Maester Aemon leave from there to go to Braavos and it's a lot safer than coming ashore on the north side. No point in Stannis marching a bunch of people north of the wall to get his ships back.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are definitely getting really close to the end of book material for at least one other central character. And unless the 6th book, Winds of Winter, is completed by Martin before filming of the 6th season starts, the show is going to get weird fast. It also goes to show that the those doing the tv show could live up to their claims that seasons 6 or 7 at most will be the last, even if it doesn't wrap everything up in a bow at the end. Martin writes at a snails pace at times, and it could be years before book 7 even gets finished.

It's too late .... the deed is already done... meaning that season 6 drafts have already been written. The roles are already being cast (casting began a couple weeks ago in late May), props & costumes being designed/constructed... with filming beginning next month.

Game of Thrones season 6 casting has begun - and here's the list! | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

Game of Thrones Season 6 Casting Calls Hint at New Characters

and

'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Spoilers: Crew Films New Episodes in Spain and Ireland : TV : BREATHEcast

I would guess that the TV program writers spent significant time consulting with GRRM during the writing of the season 6 episodes. I could not realistically see those folks writing season 6 without quite a bit of input from GRRM.

Of course, even though the episodes have been written... some adjustments can always be made throughout the next 5 months of production. I am not going out on a limb by saying that most of the outdoor Winter scenes will probably be shot last (in November and December), and that when filming starts in July, it will most likely commence with warm weather scenes of Dorne, Meereen, Braavos, King's Landing, etc.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if Sam doesn't have enough daddy issues, now a family reunion.............guy can't catch a break, even when exiled to the nights watch.

I know that for any outside shots north of the wall, they send a small production to iceland during winter time. Guess it will depend if anyone dares head up there again anytime soon.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trailer for the season finale looks interesting... it appears Brienne and Podrick are going to have an impact on the episode. And it looks like the fire sacrifice of Princess Shireen worked, as a warm weather thaw seems to be occurring. And Sansa... hmmm... will she survive the finale?... If she does die, I would first love to see her stick a dagger into either Roose or Ramsay Bolton:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Targaryans were also mostly inbred for generations. If a Targareyan mated outside her/her family, they wouldn't necessarily have those features.
If Jon is 1/2 Targaryen I wonder if there are hints in any scenes that include fire that I missed before. If there aren't I think it would be cool if the way it was discovered was during a skirmish with a dragon but I don't know how that would unfold.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jon is 1/2 Targaryen I wonder if there are hints in any scenes that include fire that I missed before. If there aren't I think it would be cool if the way it was discovered was during a skirmish with a dragon but I don't know how that would unfold.
When they found the fallen Crows north of the wall and brought them back to Castle Black and one of them rose, Jon grabbed a lantern by the sides as he threw it at the walker. There was a slight sizzle sound, and I expected him to at least shake his hand in pain, but he didn't.

Minor point, granted, but for some reason it did stick in my memory. There was no focus on it at all in the episode, but it did seem odd how he grabbed the latern, and I am almost certain there was a sizzle.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they found the fallen Crows north of the wall and brought them back to Castle Black and one of them rose, Jon grabbed a lantern by the sides as he threw it at the walker. There was a slight sizzle sound, and I expected him to at least shake his hand in pain, but he didn't.

Minor point, granted, but for some reason it did stick in my memory. There was no focus on it at all in the episode, but it did seem odd how he grabbed the latern, and I am almost certain there was a sizzle.
That kind of detail is one of the reasons why I have to rewatch the series after every season is over.