• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daily-morning-awesomeness-35-photos-35.gif

:eek:
:pound:

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is eligible to turn into a zombie. Jes sayin'. :D

At this point, it doesn't matter if he's dead or alive. Same reaction.

I can see Jon being interrogated afterward.

"So was he black or white? Dead or alive? What's taking you so long?"

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jon is 1/2 Targaryen I wonder if there are hints in any scenes that include fire that I missed before. If there aren't I think it would be cool if the way it was discovered was during a skirmish with a dragon but I don't know how that would unfold.

Not all "true born" Targaryens are immune to fire. Remember Viserys? Not just his death scene but there was a bit of foreshadowing in another scene (in the tub with Doreah) where he felt some mild pain from the flame of a candle. So a 1/2 Targaryen is probably even less likely.

There was a clue in season 1 that Shae was immune to fire but I think that was a red herring. If she is part Targaryen it would seem kind of silly to reveal this fact after she is dead. I don't think there was any indication of it in the books so maybe it was a storyline the show writers toyed with but decided to scrap.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned I am re watching the series from the beginning.

A few additional thoughts...

1) The casting change for Dario really was shocking. I understand if someone wants to walk, there isn't much you can do to keep him, but at least try to get an actor that looks somewhat similar if you can't rewrite the story with a new character all together.

2) Shae was truly a pain in the ass. She was such a bitch to Tyrion, almost from minute one. What did he possibly see in her?

3) Sansa was even more worthless than I had remembered. And she was a mega-bitch to boot. Not a power-bitch, like Sersai, but like a spoiled sorority girl not getting the right shade of red on her new Miatta.

4) The manner in which Dany acquired the Second Sons was quite meh. She didn't do anything, except get ambushed while taking a bath.

5) Everyone keeps describing Little Finger as a "villain". I don't see it. Granted, he isn't altruistic in any manner, but he does seem to try to steer things towards what is best for the realm, and when he can, he seems to try help the better of the options.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, never thought about looking for a GoT thread on here. So upset the season is almost over.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) The casting change for Dario really was shocking. I understand if someone wants to walk, there isn't much you can do to keep him, but at least try to get an actor that looks somewhat similar if you can't rewrite the story with a new character all together.

2) Shae was truly a pain in the ass. She was such a bitch to Tyrion, almost from minute one. What did he possibly see in her?

3) Sansa was even more worthless than I had remembered. And she was a mega-bitch to boot. Not a power-bitch, like Sersai, but like a spoiled sorority girl not getting the right shade of red on her new Miatta.

4) The manner in which Dany acquired the Second Sons was quite meh. She didn't do anything, except get ambushed while taking a bath.

5) Everyone keeps describing Little Finger as a "villain". I don't see it. Granted, he isn't altruistic in any manner, but he does seem to try to steer things towards what is best for the realm, and when he can, he seems to try help the better of the options.

As for 5, didn't he pretty much tell get Ned Stark killed when he let Cersei know about Starks plans reveal that Joffrey wasn't Roberts son?

Also, there is this and Varys that completely respects the guy:

"He would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes."
Varys on Petyr Baelish

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for 5, didn't he pretty much tell get Ned Stark killed when he let Cersei know about Starks plans reveal that Joffrey wasn't Roberts son?

Also, there is this and Varys that completely respects the guy:

"He would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes."
Varys on Petyr Baelish
He "betrayed" Ned Stark because he knew Stark was going into the whole thing half-assed. To create a vacuum like he was doing would have caused more damage to the realm (and his pocketbook, let's be honest here).

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stannis going to survive the season finale next week?

I think he might meet his end... possibly at the hands of Ramsay Bolton and his troops, or perhaps by Podrick (who is being trained to fight twice daily by Brienne). Brienne has sworn to kill Stannis, but it would be cool to have Brienne's squire do the deed instead. Remember... Podrick saved Tyrion at the Battle of Blackwater, could he also save Brienne's life in a similar manner, and thus win the lifetime achievement award as "Best Squire Ever".

Does Melisandre the Red Witch die soon?.. perhaps at the hands of Ser Davos Seaworth (Ser Davos is going to be devasted & furious if/when he learns about Princess Shireens fate). Or perhaps Brienne slices off Melisandre's head?

We know that Brienne and Podrick are located very near the area where Stannis and the Bolton's are at.

I think Stannis may be the next main character to go but could totally be wrong. Not sure why they would make you hate him that much more just to kill him in the next episode, that doesn't really follow the formula of the shows villains.

I also wonder what is going on with Baelish and what his plans are. Isn't he on his way to the North with his men as well. I guess he could even end up being the one responsible for killing Stannis if that happens.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He "betrayed" Ned Stark because he knew Stark was going into the whole thing half-assed. To create a vacuum like he was doing would have caused more damage to the realm (and his pocketbook, let's be honest here).

I've always sort of thought of Little Finger as the antithesis of Varys. Similar in skill sets and in working up their way from nothing to high ranking positions but completely in contrast as far as motive.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always sort of thought of Little Finger as the antithesis of Varys. Similar in skill sets and in working up their way from nothing to high ranking positions but completely in contrast as far as motive.
Again, not sure I agree.

Varys is driven by a massive dose of revenge. He makes something of himself so he can continue to hold the Wizard, and so he can show him how powerful he can be. But below that, he decides to use this power he has obtained to do what is right when possible.

Little Finger is driven by the acquisition of wealth. This likely was born from being spurned by the love of his life. He was cast aside because he did not have a powerful enough name. So he drove himself to have a name that was worth something, and his skills lead him to finance (through pimping). Like Varys, when he can, he tends to try to push things in the right direction, but not at his own expense.

While neither character is altruistic, Varys is more keen on keeping his inspiration hidden, so it APPEARS that he is being altruistic. Little Finger is rather open about what his inspiration is, so it APPEARS that he is not altruistic.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, they could have made him look like book Daario I guess.

350px-Daario_Heads.jpg

There are actually some pretty interesting theories on this guy, mostly concerning him possibly being several different characters and using the colored hair as a disguise.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not sure I agree.

Varys is driven by a massive dose of revenge. He makes something of himself so he can continue to hold the Wizard, and so he can show him how powerful he can be. But below that, he decides to use this power he has obtained to do what is right when possible.

Little Finger is driven by the acquisition of wealth. This likely was born from being spurned by the love of his life. He was cast aside because he did not have a powerful enough name. So he drove himself to have a name that was worth something, and his skills lead him to finance (through pimping). Like Varys, when he can, he tends to try to push things in the right direction, but not at his own expense.

While neither character is altruistic, Varys is more keen on keeping his inspiration hidden, so it APPEARS that he is being altruistic. Little Finger is rather open about what his inspiration is, so it APPEARS that he is not altruistic.

If the show is going to completely catch up to the books by the end of this season Varys may be making an appearance in the finale, but as of right now I don't think they're far enough along and they may leave it for next season if they do it at all.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen less toothy beavers than the 1st Dario.

I quite like the 2nd one. Liked him in Treme too.
I havent seen Treme, so I cant comment there. But I agree, I like Daario2 better than Daario1. But they do not look anything alike, and they dont really have the same take on the character either.

Probably the worst re-cast since Nip/Tuck switched out Katie Sackhoff in favor of Rose McGowan (I understand Sackhoff left due to conflicts, and was not sacked) as Teddy. Not only do Sackhoff and McGowan look NOTHING alike, their takes on the character were completely polar opposite.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent seen Treme, so I cant comment there. But I agree, I like Daario2 better than Daario1. But they do not look anything alike, and they dont really have the same take on the character either.

The first guy could have been on the cover of those historical romance books you see near checkout cashiers. Very Fabioesque.

If you like the Big Sleazy, you'd like Treme. That's where it's shot, sort of after the big storm.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stannis may be the next main character to go but could totally be wrong. Not sure why they would make you hate him that much more just to kill him in the next episode, that doesn't really follow the formula of the shows villains.

I also wonder what is going on with Baelish and what his plans are. Isn't he on his way to the North with his men as well. I guess he could even end up being the one responsible for killing Stannis if that happens.
To be honest anyone who thought Stannis was above burning his daughter probably hasn't been paying too much attention to how badly Stannis wants the throne.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest anyone who thought Stannis was above burning his daughter probably hasn't been paying too much attention to how badly Stannis wants the throne.
Behind Gandy and Dany, he has the strongest claim to it at this point. Toman doesnt have the blood or the balls for it.