• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good theory.

Except Jon has no claim to royalty as a Stark. If he is, in fact, Targarian, then OK, but how would she know this? Can she "smell" royalty?

Anyone else feel bad for the citizens of Kings Landing, even before Zombie-Mountain showed up? All throughout her walk, all I could think was "She is going to fuck this city up, big time."

Right after I posted this, I did a search and found someone else already supporting it with a lot more details backing it up and another possible theory as well. See below. Pretty good read but they do talk about the books, so if you don't want to know about hints from them, you may want to avoid it:

'Game of Thrones' season 5 finale: Jon Snow's fate - Business Insider

Yeah, Kings Landing is Toast. I'm wondering what is going on with Arya as well, is she going blind or warging like Bran?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are lucky Sansa and Reek just did us all a favor. :)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will we catch back up with Bran and the Children in S6?

Will we find out what happened with Rickon?

Gandy HAS to come back, right?

If Brianne did not kill Stannis, why?

Clearly, Dany will win over the Dothraki. However, the only way is if she defeats their current King. She is not a warrior herself, so the only way is if Drogon kills him for her. Would the Dothraki recognize that?

Looks like Theon has a home waiting for "him" in Mereen. They seem very welcoming to eunuchs.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are lucky Sansa and Reek just did us all a favor. :)

That was a badly shot scene if it's supposed to be like the books. I figure since the books are actually behind on almost every single POV that isn't even, there's no need to do spoiler tags anymore.

In the books they discuss jumping into the huge/deep snow drift that has accumulated around the outside of the castle. That was before the magical thaw that melted all the snow though. Not to mention they don't specifically show somebody being thrown to their death from the exact same height 30 seconds before that. But yeah, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to not only survive, but walk away relatively injury free

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after I posted this, I did a search and found someone else already supporting it with a lot more details backing it up and another possible theory as well. See below. Pretty good read but they do talk about the books, so if you don't want to know about hints from them, you may want to avoid it:

'Game of Thrones' season 5 finale: Jon Snow's fate - Business Insider

Yeah, Kings Landing is Toast. I'm wondering what is going on with Arya as well, is she going blind or warging like Bran?
I have not read any of the books, so I TRY to avoid spoilers as much as I can.

While I will not use it, thanks for the link...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a badly shot scene if it's supposed to be like the books. I figure since the books are actually behind on almost every single POV that isn't even, there's no need to do spoiler tags anymore.

In the books they discuss jumping into the huge/deep snow drift that has accumulated around the outside of the castle. That was before the magical thaw that melted all the snow though. Not to mention they don't specifically show somebody being thrown to their death from the exact same height 30 seconds before that. But yeah, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to not only survive, but walk away relatively injury free
They BETTER explain how they survived that jump. It looked like at least a 5-story jump, and they both looked like they were going to hit flat-backed (I am willing to suspend this view, because it is a show, and those were stuntmen, and they were clearly falling onto an air-pad). I am not sure, though, that there is a safe way to make that kind of landing.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They BETTER explain how they survived that jump. It looked like at least a 5-story jump, and they both looked like they were going to hit flat-backed (I am willing to suspend this view, because it is a show, and those were stuntmen, and they were clearly falling onto an air-pad). I am not sure, though, that there is a safe way to make that kind of landing.

Well its supposed to be fresh, or fresh-ish drifts of snow like 15-20 feet deep. Which makes the fall shorter and the landing softer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its supposed to be fresh, or fresh-ish drifts of snow like 15-20 feet deep. Which makes the fall shorter and the landing softer.
I will watch the episode again later this week, but I seem to remember it looking quite barren and hard. And as someone already mentioned, the JUST showed someone falling from a similar height and splatting.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon dying shouldn't have been a shock given how unpopular his moves with the wildlings was. Arya? Nice cliffhanger for next season. Cersei? Holy crap. Shits going nuclear next year up in that bitch. Oh and who didn't like seeing that naked for that much of this episode?

As for the question of Jon's status, the director was pretty clear after that episode:

The book is a little ambiguous. This looked final. It's safe to say Jon is dead?

Jon Snow is dead.
Not that it would be the first time things change in an off season when the story hasn't even been written yet, but I wouldn't lean that way.

Loved this quote from Headey
Cersei’s future—along with other Thrones characters—is now a mystery since the showrunners have reached the end of Martin’s published material. Headey says she has “no idea” what’s in store for Cersei, but has a suggestion: “I think she’s got some people to kill before she’s done.

And by the way, it was said it was a body double used for 'most' of the nude scenes with her.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The producers claim the show will last 7 seasons and they've been given the greenlight by HBO to take it that long.

But those thinking he'll be back for season 6, well, unless Martin decides to resurrect him in the next book, it might actually be the last we see of Jon Snow.

This was from an Entertainment Weekly recent interview with Kit that's being released this week. There was a rumor out there that Kit had signed a contract to be in Season 6 and 7, but he's claiming there is no such thing:

I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jonreally dead?

This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Jon Snow will be back, but maybe not actor Kit Harrington. The red witch might resurrect Jon Snow, but possibly in a different body? Maybe even a dire wolf body (Ghost)? However...why she would do something like this... I don't know... I guess as long as it somehow fits into her end game plans (whatever that might be)??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Jon Snow will be back, but maybe not actor Kit Harrington. The red witch might resurrect Jon Snow, but possibly in a different body? Maybe even a dire wolf body (Ghost)? However...why she would do something like this... I don't know... I guess as long as it somehow fits into her end game plans (whatever that might be)??
Good point about Ghost.

When Robb was killed, his wolf was killed immediately.

When Sansa betrayed Arya, her wolf was killed immediately.

To our knowledge, Bran, Arya and Rickan still have living wolves, and Ghost is still alive. If they had Ghost's body at the "traitor" headstone, than I would be 100% behind the theory that Jon is final-dead.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody can say Jon is dead for good all they want, but I'll believe it when I see it. It seems to me Melisandre saw something special in Jon at the wall and realized quickly when all of those men abandoned Stannis that Jon was actually Azor Ahai and not Stannis. Why else would she go to the wall? There is nothing there for her. And if she believes Jon is the answer she'll try something to bring him back.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about Ghost.

When Robb was killed, his wolf was killed immediately.

When Sansa betrayed Arya, her wolf was killed immediately.

To our knowledge, Bran, Arya and Rickan still have living wolves, and Ghost is still alive. If they had Ghost's body at the "traitor" headstone, than I would be 100% behind the theory that Jon is final-dead.

And when Sam is in trouble Ghost appears out of nowhere to save him. But when Jon is.......well IDK. I would have at least liked to see Ghost rip Ollie's head off before Jon died. Maybe they checked really thoroughly for Ghost before trying anything? Again idk.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall though kind of a meh finale. I will say it could have been a lot worse. I was expecting Brienne to possibly kill Stannis, but I was assuming they'd have her fight through 8 dudes and then beat his ass in single combat. This way at least made some sense since now she can find Theon and Sansa who should have a few broken legs after jumping 5 stories into melted snow. I wasn't a fan of how they made one of the best battle commander's in Westeros into a complete idiot at the end. On top of that they're trying to make Ramsay into some badass killer when he's really just a sadistic bastard with a lot of troops and tools at his disposal.

I also thought Ollie was going to be the first person to knife Jon which would have been terrible, so again not as bad as it could have been. Still not a fan of how they handled that scene though. I won't go into how it happens in the books too much, but needless to say it was almost a spontaneous thing and there was much more motivation for the killing. I really don't get why we had that scene with Alliser Throne letting Jon and the wildlings in if he was just going to kill Jon afterward for letting them in. Why not just NOT let them pass or kill Jon with the murder pits as soon as he walks through the tunnel and then close the other end of the tunnel? Now the Wildlings are out and you've still killed him.

Dorne was as useless as always. No one cares about Myrcella dying, she was unimportant in this version of the story and nothing will come of it since the Lannisters don't have the army to invade Dorne. Also unless Doran and Jamie are stupid they'll all figure out who killed Myrcella right away. This death was just for shock value, plain and simple.

Arya's scene was cool but apparently Meryn Trant killing Serio, beating Sansa, and being a pedo wasn't enough of a reason to hate him. Had to make him a child abuser on top of all that. The scene where she went blind really didn't line up though. There are two Jagen masks out there apparently. That means there were identical twins who both went to the House of Black and White, which at the very least is extremely convenient. But why was the one who died wearing like 8 masks? Did they know Arya would rip them all off? They made it pretty clear they get the masks from taking them off dead people, so how do they have Arya's face? Only explanation I can think of is that she was hallucinating. Again though, Arya's stuff could have been a lot worse.

Not much to say about Cersei, boobs and such.

The Dany stuff was fine too I guess. Again not much to say.

I don't know WTF Davos is going to do now, but he and Melissandre are probably the most interesting characters going into next season. Unfortunately now I'll have to wait several months before I can bitch about this show on the internet some more.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the cast was told not to read the books so they could play each episode without subconsciously giving away anything (at least in the beginning of the series), it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they told everyone that Jon dies, only to have him survive/resurrected at some point in the future. Kit's interviews about subsequent seasons could just be to throw the public off even if he truly has no idea.

Same thing with Stannis and Brienne. We don't actually see Stannis dead, only implied that Brienne took a swing. However, him being so incompetent at the end does follow the lead up of him being desperate and will do anything in his stubbornness.

All hell is going to break loose in King's Landing. I feel that the zombie mountain will again defend Cersei during a trail by combat (he is now part of the Kings guard) and then proceed to take out all of the sparrows. How the Terrells are going to be involved is yet to be seen, but I don't think it works out in their favor.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was always a glimmer of hope for this realm so long as Jon Snow was a part of it.
Truth and honor were as important to him as Valyrian steel.

And it is of no coincidence Jon Snow was felled by men who had forsaken such values if they had ever held them at all.

We will honor you and miss you Jon Snow. But we reserve pity for ourselves. For God is my witness, evil will fill the vacuum of space where a good man and hope once stood.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody can say Jon is dead for good all they want, but I'll believe it when I see it. It seems to me Melisandre saw something special in Jon at the wall and realized quickly when all of those men abandoned Stannis that Jon was actually Azor Ahai and not Stannis. Why else would she go to the wall? There is nothing there for her. And if she believes Jon is the answer she'll try something to bring him back.

If Jon is dead, GRRM wasted the first 5 books with hundreds of pages of red herrings. It's one thing to kill off a well developed, but essentially "Mary Sue/Marty Stu" character with Robb and moreso his daddy Ned. But Jon was/is a fully fleshed out character. His death makes the dire wolf scene that started everything pointless. His death makes all of the hints about his parentage pointless. His death would basically ruin the overall story. His story is the song of Ice and Fire. Dany is pure fire. Bran and to an extent Arya is all Ice. Tyrion's is the Game of Thrones. Jon is the one who brings everything together and moves the bigger story forward.

I'll believe he's dead, or more importantly will stay dead, when I actually see any movement at all in the story without him.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jon is dead, GRRM wasted the first 5 books with hundreds of pages of red herrings. It's one thing to kill off a well developed, but essentially "Mary Sue/Marty Stu" character with Robb and moreso his daddy Ned. But Jon was/is a fully fleshed out character. His death makes the dire wolf scene that started everything pointless. His death makes all of the hints about his parentage pointless. His death would basically ruin the overall story. His story is the song of Ice and Fire. Dany is pure fire. Bran and to an extent Arya is all Ice. Tyrion's is the Game of Thrones. Jon is the one who brings everything together and moves the bigger story forward.

I'll believe he's dead, or more importantly will stay dead, when I actually see any movement at all in the story without him.

At issue right now are new comments from the actor himself.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At issue right now are new comments from the actor himself.
All of these actors are hit with gag orders. If he states something along the lines of "Maybe something might change" with a smirk on his face, it really eliminates any shock factor when he comes back to life. Nearly every single season has that huge shock value. Ned Stark getting beheaded, the Red Wedding, Bitch face being poisoned. If ten seconds after his character is killed he's telling us that he will be back, it really turns that shock of what used to be a hated boring character into the hero everyone is rooting for's death, into a meh moment. And the show loses all traction during the off season.

First thing I thought while I watched his blood pool was where is the Red Witch, she's going to bring him back.