• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...we can hold them off"

<hears dragon roar, sees it drop from the clouds>

"...we're boned"
game-of-thrones-recap-season-7-episode-4.jpg

This was one of the most epic scenes of the whole show. I would rewind that part every time I watched it.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it helped. Not sure it was necessary though.

I'm still not over the fact that he was named Aegon even though he had a living brother with that same name as the time of his birth. That's a whole other thing though.
Maybe Rhaegar was a big George Foreman fan.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I get it, but have a tough time putting season 7 last.... One of the best season openings (Arya and the Frays IIRC?), and the battle of the gold train (or whatever they called it) where we first see a dragon unleashed in war is too much coolness IMO... One of the best shots of the whole series is the look on Jaimie's face when the Dothraki crest the ridge with Drogon flying low over them.... Was like, "Holy fuck! What can I do?"

Season 7 is a mixed bag … Too many stupid decisions from key characters, like Tyrion's strategy or the idiotic mission north of the wall.

Highlights are the battle of the gold train / loot train (if we don't think too hard about the logistics leading up to that battle), Arya's frey pie, the council at Kings Landing and Missandei's sex scene.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as ranking seasons go, imo:

4/6 (I really can't decide between the two.)

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...we can hold them off"

<hears dragon roar, sees it drop from the clouds>

"...we're boned"
game-of-thrones-recap-season-7-episode-4.jpg

That was great. I have a cinema theme in my house and have a framed poster of Dani on the dragon after they land in my hallway (this did not age well). There were battle scenes that were better in the series but I don't know if any of them blew you away like that.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was great. I have a cinema theme in my house and have a framed poster of Dani on the dragon after they land in my hallway (this did not age well). There were battle scenes that were better in the series but I don't know if any of them blew you away like that.
If you're into dragon scenes, the wings spread over Dany in the episode, would be a sweet poster.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're into dragon scenes, the wings spread over Dany in the episode, would be a sweet poster.

Yeah. That was awesome but right before the Hitler speech.

There are alot of infant khaleesi's out there whose parents were like fffuuuuucccckkkk a couple of weeks ago.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7/8 mehhhh

4 is definitely the best imo.

Tough to argue with that. From the time it aired 5 years ago up until a couple of months ago when I did my series re-watch, I always considered season 4 my favorite. It has some of the most epic moments of the series and it's the only season that has one of my favorite characters Oberyn Martell.

When I re-watched the first season I remembered how much I loved the world building and the introduction to the core cast of characters, some of whom would last longer than others.

I really liked Theon's arc in Season 2 as well as Arya, Jacquen, and Tywin at Harrenhall. King's Landing with Tyrion, Cersei, Joffrey, Bronn, Varys, and sometimes Littlefinger made for some great banter.

You really can't go wrong with any of the first 4 seasons in my opinion. Even content that was original to the show was excellent in those seasons.

Last edited:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I get it, but have a tough time putting season 7 last.... One of the best season openings (Arya and the Frays IIRC?), and the battle of the gold train (or whatever they called it) where we first see a dragon unleashed in war is too much coolness IMO... One of the best shots of the whole series is the look on Jaimie's face when the Dothraki crest the ridge with Drogon flying low over them.... Was like, "Holy fuck! What can I do?"

I loved the loot train sequence. Loved Olenna's final scene and the Cersei scene with Ellaria and Tyene was awesome. I enjoyed all 8 seasons to some extent, but I just happened to have the most problems with the final 2.

Tyrion, Littlefinger, and Varys were some of the most interesting characters in the earlier seasons but it seemed like the show didn't know what to do with them in Season 7 and their characters never really recovered from that.

I really think the last 2 seasons suffered from being so short in terms of both quantity and quality.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd always gotten the impression that she was basically no good, but my wife says not so .. that she was torn between multiple forces and most fans were rooting for her. Is that true ?

I was rooting for her to show more tits and ass.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept telling myself this is fucked up when she did it. I knew she was going to go mad queen-the scene with Sam and her getting no credit for the battle of Winterfell while everyone was high fiving Jon sealed it. But I honestly didn't see that coming.

Its a show with a lot of out of the blue wtf moments. The last two seasons were rushed but it's not the first time your jaw dropped because you didn't see it coming.

Exactly what I was thinking/feeling in that moment. I have a coworker that LOST her shit the next day. All about Dany from the start. I just asked her why she never learned to not let any characters get that close to your heart? I feel like I was taught that very early in the show. More than once.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best-acted character?:
Tywin Lannister

Very good pick. Pretty much any of the main Lannister characters (including Joffrey but not so much Tommen) could be contenders.

I also think Theon and Davos deserve mentions and can't forget Olenna Tyrell.

I thought Grey Worm's actor sold the heel turn pretty well this past season.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best-acted character?:
Tywin Lannister

Thought about this the other day....there was no other “baddie” I missed anywhere near as much as Tywin. He was an amazing character, and Charles Dance was phenomenal. I would put my vote here.

He was the Lannister patriarch and would stop at nothing for his legacy. But he had layers too in his way. The scenes with Arya at Harranhal were some of the best of the show.