• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And my main point was just that it's a needless change to the character that was written in the story. Again like I complained about not a change that needed to happen, just a change that happened because the writer of this episode of the show thought he could tell the story better than GRRM. A simple mindless change that shifts and transforms the whole mindset, motivations, and moral make up of a relatively major character.

Many of these changes have been actual storyline ideas that Martin himself thought of before going in a different direction with the books and has given his "blessing" when speaking with the writers extensively.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but I don't think many of them break their vows at the Wall itself.

That was a good scene for Sam where he saved Gilly, but I was really hoping to see Alliser Thorne complete his good guy turn and come to Sam's aid. Strange move by Jon leaving Ghost at Castle Black. He'll likely need him more than some will.
It seems like Ghost just kind of shows up whenever they feel like including him in a scene. I'm not sure if there is much rhyme or reason to it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam didn't even thank him, they got Ghost off screen asap.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question & maybe its been asked & answered, but I am not going back to the beginning of this thread & go through it all to find out.
How exactly with all his seemingly mystical powers, did the faceless man get captured back when she released him from the cage?

I don't recall ever seeing a specific explanation but my guess is that he got stuck in a situation wherevhe couldn't use his abilities. Though he should be focused on avoiding such events it isn't too hard to imagine it could happen. Surprised and captured while sleeping for example.

I've often wondered this myself. The books don't offer any insight. I hope they answer that question at some point. I wonder if he was arrested for his own crimes or the crime of whosever face he was wearing.

Some people speculate that he could have been Syrio Forel, Arya's trainer from season 1, and he somehow managed to escape Meryn Trant with just his broken wooden sword. Then he changed faces before being captured. I highly doubt that's is correct and certainly hope not.

The common thought is that Jaqen H'ghar was captured because he wanted to be there...he was on some sort of mission before meeting Arya. In the books he heads to The Citadel, but in the show he's back in Braavos. Given his ridiculous killing skills and ability to just blend in (let alone change his face), I think its reasonable to think that he would only be captured if he wanted to be.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that scene. Bronn is one of my favorite characters, and I'm glad he survived for at least one more episode. I love the twist where his singing voice saved his life.

And my goodness, actress Rosabell Laurenti Sellers is so friggin' sexy!

5562a34d1aaec7043ea52155_game-of-thrones-sexual-assault-sand-snakes.jpg

Rosabell-Laurenti-Sellers-rosabell-laurenti-sellers-37668776-495-660.jpg

Per-Rosabell-Laurenti-Sellers-occhiali-Dior-Audacieuse-disponibili-in-4-varianti-di-colore-Gioielli-e-abiti-Dior.jpg

rosabell-laurenti-sellers.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

GoT needs to have more scenes with her being nekkid! Although I do feel somewhat of a perv because she's only 19 years old.

Oh my gudna...Yeah she is sexy as hell. I definitely applaud the unnecessary topless scene of her this past episode. Hope we get a few more. :drool:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The common thought is that Jaqen H'ghar was captured because he wanted to be there...he was on some sort of mission before meeting Arya. In the books he heads to The Citadel, but in the show he's back in Braavos. Given his ridiculous killing skills and ability to just blend in (let alone change his face), I think its reasonable to think that he would only be captured if he wanted to be.

Hmmmm. I haven't read the books so I am not so aware of his actual killing skills. After all, anyone could get away with lots of murders if you could perfectly dopplegang someone close to the intended victims.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. I haven't read the books so I am not so aware of his actual killing skills. After all, anyone could get away with lots of murders if you could perfectly dopplegang someone close to the intended victims.

I don't know, he was certainly pretty good at it when he was killing all those people in Harrenhall for Arya.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, he was certainly pretty good at it when he was killing all those people in Harrenhall for Arya.

Well, he is part of assassins guild so he must have some training beyond the face changing. But the deaths at the hall didn't necessarily require great fighting skills. He was dressed as a guard so he was trusted and that might have been the only weapon he really needed. He threw the torturer from a ledge, poison darted another, and then killed the other guards who would have assumed him as breathern. Again, I could probably do all that if I had the doppelganger ability.

It is all just speculation on my part though. I am just not sure what to make of how he operates until I see a bit more from him.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is part of assassins guild so he must have some training beyond the face changing. But the deaths at the hall didn't necessarily require great fighting skills. He was dressed as a guard so he was trusted and that might have been the only weapon he really needed. He threw the torturer from a ledge, poison darted another, and then killed the other guards who would have assumed him as breathern. Again, I could probably do all that if I had the doppelganger ability.

It is all just speculation on my part though. I am just not sure what to make of how he operates until I see a bit more from him.

No, you don't have to be a great sword fighter to be great at killing tho. He's an assassin and sneaks in and out of a place. Kills before anyone knows what's happened. Someone this skilled wouldn't just be caught in the capital where there's a million places to blend in and hide unless he wanted to.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that they simply become SUCH skilled liars that they are able to convince people they look like someone else through their lying skills?

Is he actually changing his face, or just convincing you that his face looks like something else?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that they simply become SUCH skilled liars that they are able to convince people they look like someone else through their lying skills?

Is he actually changing his face, or just convincing you that his face looks like something else?

I guess it wasn't really made clear, or maybe not made clear yet. Arya cleans the dead bodies. Then they take them through the door where they won't let her go. Once they do take her through the door (where they take dead bodies) they find nooks, or niches, or alters, or whatever you want to call them, with extremely detailed looking "masks".

They wear the skins of dead people. They can't just take whatever face they want and be that. And they can't just switch and swap on a dime.

And they didn't ever say how he got caught, but I old assume somebody walked in on him, or otherwise surprised him and he was actually caught in the act. And I would further assume that whatever he was doing and/or whoever he was killing, had to look a certain way. Not like a highly trained assassin had been hired to do it. Which is why he couldn't just fight his way out or whatever. Assuming things often makes me look like an asshole, but in this situation it's kind of the only thing that makes sense.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vows technically don't say that you can't sleep with women, just that you won't father any children. So Sam hasn't broken them yet.

I think we can safely say it's headed down that road.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my gudna...Yeah she is sexy as hell. I definitely applaud the unnecessary topless scene of her this past episode. Hope we get a few more. :drool:

I'm not sure it was completely unnecessary, a faster heartbeat means a faster travel time for the toxins in his bloodstream. It's some femme fatale shit.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That seems unlikely. Lebron James could be the best liar in the world but he could never convince me he is Chris Berman.
The vows technically don't say that you can't sleep with women, just that you won't father any children. So Sam hasn't broken them yet.
I doubt they're using contraception. It's very likely that out of the group that do visit the brothels some of them have bastards running around whether they know it or not. Then again, it would be very tough for a whore to pinpoint who the father is themselves.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems unlikely. Lebron James could be the best liar in the world but he could never convince me he is Chris Berman.
Well, dragons don't exist in the real world either, so what's your point?

They made a point of the other apprentice practicing her lying, and Arya was being punished fir not lying effectively. It seems plausible that this group uses this skill in some magical way.

That said, I also doubt it is the explanation. I think Edonidd's explanation makes sense, even if mine would be more fun. :)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....what was the point of Bronn getting poisoned if he was just going to get cured within 30 seconds of him feeling the symptoms? Why give him the antidote? Why was the entire Dorne portion of that episode necessary? I guess they just wanted to show some titties but they probably could have thrown that in some other scene that wasn't a complete waste of time. Those were some grade A bewbs though so w/e.

Interesting that Sansa called Theon "son of Balon Greyjoy, lord of the Iron Islands". I guess they really aren't going to touch that story line at all.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Sansa called Theon "son of Balon Greyjoy, lord of the Iron Islands". I guess they really aren't going to touch that story line at all.

Ummmmmm.......they already did a whole bunch of episodes regarding that before he became Reek.

You are just bitter because Saget isn't playing the part of Littlefinger!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you folks who get angry about the TV program diverting from the novels, get prepared for even more differences, as even though the next book is not finished, filming of season 6 will commence within the next two months.

'Game Of Thrones' Season 6 Filming May Continue In Spain For Dorne Scenes

Casting for the season six roles has already begun, which of course means the drafts of the episodes have already been written. Check out the following articles for some of the upcoming season six roles now being cast.

Game of Thrones season 6 casting has begun - and here's the list! | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

Season 6 'Game of Thrones' Casting Call Leaks Online

Speculation is running rampant about the roles, and as you can see in the article above, some folks suspect The Hound may have survived and could return next season.

Once casting is completed in a few weeks, work can begin on costume fitting and manufacture for the new characters. Obviously construction/fabrication of props and set design & construction needs to be finished-up over the next couple months prior to cameras rolling this Summer.

The point is that the TV episodes have already been written even though the next novel won't be finished for probably another 6 to 8 months. I'm sure the episode writers remain in constant contact with GRRM so that the spirit of the books is maintained per GRRM's vision, but again the point is that the pre-production phase of the TV program has already surpassed the novels.

Last edited:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmmm.......they already did a whole bunch of episodes regarding that before he became Reek.

You are just bitter because Saget isn't playing the part of Littlefinger!

Damn straight I am. But actually I was referring to this whole other Iron Islands subplot that has been cut out of the show.