• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needle is NOT Valyrian Steel. Jon had it forged by Mikken in Winterfell before the assassination attempt on Bran with the VS dagger. The King's party, along with Ned and the Stark girls, left Winterfell before that happened, and Jon was already at the Wall.

You're right. For some reason I thought it might have been, but its just normal castle forged steel.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many have them. Needle is Valyrian I think. Ned used to have that big ass sword, Ice that was Valyrian and got melted down into the sword Brienne has and some other sword that Joffrey had before his stupid ass got kilt.

That's it as far as Valyrian swords go as far as I'm aware.

There are hundreds of Valyrian swords, just not many that are specifically mentioned in the storyline. There hasn't been any made since the doom of Valyria and while the Lannisters had one, it was lost. They would try to buy them from other houses, but no one would part with them. This is why it was such a big deal to get the two made from Ice.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are hundreds of Valyrian swords, just not many that are specifically mentioned in the storyline. There hasn't been any made since the doom of Valyria and while the Lannisters had one, it was lost. They would try to buy them from other houses, but no one would part with them. This is why it was such a big deal to get the two made from Ice.

In the books, but I don't know that the show has mentioned anyone else having any Valyrian weapons. It's basically been just the 2 swords so far (3 now), though I'm sure there are others out there.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about hundreds. Dozens, yes. Maybe A hundred. Certainly not hundreds though. They were heirlooms passed on through the families for generations, and were almost a symbol of nobility in some ways. So certainly some of the smaller houses (like Mormont, how selfish was that old bastard to take his to the wall with him, and then conveniently give it away to the main character) I think the books mention Sam the slayer's daddy has one, and Tarly is a pretty middling size house. But at the same time we know with certainty that the Baratheons, Lannisters, Tullys, and the Arryns are/were 4 of the 7 major lords and none of them had one. As I think about it, even 100 seems like a lot by that measure. Maybe half that would probably be the top end of my guess.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. First episode this season that really had me at the edge of my seat. I was wondering how all those wildlings outside the doors just immediately turned into wights, but I guess they can turn that fast when the Night's King is around? I mean obviously he turned them all at the end but he would have to have done that to everybody outside the wall as well, some of those wights were pretty fresh.

Someone already brought up Valyrian steel killing the Walker. Not sure why this reveal was necessary at this time especially since the dragon glass was in the hut, there was no reason for that Walker to be down there in the first place, and he could have easily killed Jon two different times but just threw him around instead.

As long as I'm nitpicking, the show is getting really predictable with some of these deaths. As soon as that chick put her kids in the boat you knew she was going to die and thus some shit was about to go down.

Also:

They are really driving home the whole R + L = J thing along with the fact that that little douchebag is obviously going to stab Jon. I mean, absolutely zero subtlety. I really hope I'm wrong about the stab thing, I'd just hate to think they wrote that little whiny crybaby faggot into the show just to kill Ygritte and stab Jon.

If they have a little seven year old boy stab Jon instead of a huge group of brothers, I would be done watching the show. Period. Martin obviously had Julius Caesar in mind when he wrote that scene, so I hope the show writers (once again) just thought they know better tHan Martin, and are better writers, so they are just trying to shoehorn Brutus in. I guess I can accept that (unwillingly) but if they changed it completely to have that little fag off Jon Snow...

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, yep. She might as all have said "I only have a week to go until retirement."

Yeah... that sucked. I was looking forward to perhaps more sexiness from actress Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, but alas, it's not meant to be.

We'll probably see her character again...but, as a nasty wight of course.

Birgitte%20Hjort%20Sorensen.jpg

iphone360_1210746.jpg

Overall... wow that was an epic episode!

VERY entertaining!

Last edited:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I was really looking forward to the storyline where some wildlings unknowingly board a slave ship at Hardhome and are taken to Essos be slaves. It's pretty insignificant to the big picture but I thought it was cool how it linked 2 of the least likely storylines together.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... that sucked. I was looking forward to perhaps more sexiness from actress Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, but alas, it's not meant to be.

Birgitte%20Hjort%20Sorensen.jpg

iphone360_1210746.jpg

Overall... wow that was an epic episode!

VERY entertaining!

Oh what pretty blue eyes you have!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was enjoying the show with just Tyrion chatting with Daenerys. I like the back & forth Tyrion always creates in his conversations. Then they had to go & one up it with that huge scene at the end. Was hoping the chick Wildling was gonna be around awhile, but as some already mentioned, knew she was gonna die when she sent her kids off without her. That was a bummer.

Did Jamie end up with Joffreys sword after he died? If not who did?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was enjoying the show with just Tyrion chatting with Daenerys. I like the back & forth Tyrion always creates in his conversations. Then they had to go & one up it with that huge scene at the end. Was hoping the chick Wildling was gonna be around awhile, but as some already mentioned, knew she was gonna die when she sent her kids off without her. That was a bummer.

I was also wondering about Joffrey's sword. I don't think it's confirmed in either the books nor the show, but the link someone posted earlier suggests that it was likely passed on to Tommen for now. He got his wife, his crown, so I guess it only makes sense that he gets the sword their grandfather had made too. Hard to imagine Tommen doing much with it, good or bad. If/when Loras is released, maybe he'll start Tommen's training but I can't imagine he'll be using it to fight the White Walkers. I could see it ending up in the hand of Jamie eventually.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes she was always a goner, but if she would have just fought back instead of lying down to die when those five 6 year olds attacked her she might still be alive. Or running was always an option. Most grown women can outrun a 6 year old, especially one that has had all its muscles withered away due to the cold. Then again we saw wights that were pretty much all bone running around so there must be some magic that allows them to move without muscles. So maybe they could outrun her. IDK brah, I'm not completely clear on all the rules with wights and there's a slight chance I may be over thinking this.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have already been talked about but...

What ever happened to the Brothers without Banners? It seemed as if they were going to be a pretty big part of the story and now we haven't heard anything from them for a couple of years.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes she was always a goner, but if she would have just fought back instead of lying down to die when those five 6 year olds attacked her she might still be alive. Or running was always an option. Most grown women can outrun a 6 year old, especially one that has had all its muscles withered away due to the cold. Then again we saw wights that were pretty much all bone running around so there must be some magic that allows them to move without muscles. So maybe they could outrun her. IDK brah, I'm not completely clear on all the rules with wights and there's a slight chance I may be over thinking this.

My best guess was that she knew those kids. I don't think they were her own as she put 2 on a boat and that seemed to be all of them, but maybe they were kids she knew somehow. Or maybe she was simply overwhelmed by seeing the dead kids whether she knew them or not, and froze up. I don't know. It was kind of weird.

Last edited:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What ever happened to the Brothers without Banners? It seemed as if they were going to be a pretty big part of the story and now we haven't heard anything from them for a couple of years.

They are linked to a popular character from the books that hasn't made an appearance yet on the show. Rumor was this character wouldn't be part of the show. Now there are rumors that he/she might be on this season's finale. If so, I'd expect to see the Brotherhood in that episode. If not, we should still see them again at some point. The Freys are also linked to the same character so even if the mystery character does not appear, they could be involved in the same storyline.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are still farting around in the Riverlands somewhere I suppose. I thought they had a pretty decently large role in the books, but maybe their purpose is served already in the show version.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsay's scheme will be interesting to watch unfold. I think he is going to try and destroy Stannis' supply cache and possibly try to assassinate Ser Davos and Stannis. Maybe he kidnaps the princess. I doubt Sansa has what it takes to go through with murdering Ramsay.