• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. GOT is a dose of reality in a sea of unreality from the entertainment industry. It's a dose of real life. What makes it special and very watchable.

Especially the dragons, ice zombies, face-changing assassins, a dude with 9 lives, psychic animal controlling, giving birth to shadow assassins, fireball throwing children living in trees, etc., etc.
:D

:peep:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially the dragons, ice zombies, face-changing assassins, a dude with 9 lives, psychic animal controlling, giving birth to shadow assassins, fireball throwing children living in trees, etc., etc.

All are artistic representations of hoe/psycho ex-gfs, ahole roommates, db co-workers, and psychos who try to suck the life out of you to make up for their own issues. Welcome to reality. Welcome to real world. Welcome to the jungle. Welcome to Westeroos.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question & maybe its been asked & answered, but I am not going back to the beginning of this thread & go through it all to find out.
How exactly with all his seemingly mystical powers, did the faceless man get captured back when she released him from the cage?

I don't recall ever seeing a specific explanation but my guess is that he got stuck in a situation wherevhe couldn't use his abilities. Though he should be focused on avoiding such events it isn't too hard to imagine it could happen. Surprised and captured while sleeping for example.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just difficult to watch because it was a r*pe scene. It was difficult to watch because it was forced, poorly written and on top of that it was a r*pe scene. The scenes with Danny and Drogo from season one were similar in nature and I had no issue with them. They made sense within the context of the show. But they've been trying to make Sansa into this strong player all season as evidenced by the bath scene. Right after that we get this goofy-ass fight in Dorne and we come back to Sansa getting raped. It just didn't seem to fit at all. Perhaps cringeworthy was a better word for that scene and really the entire episode.

It didn't make sense to me, in one scene she's standing up for herself and in the very next scene she's getting bent over doggy style. The Boltons need her if they want the North's support, especially now that the Boltons no longer have King's Landing backing them. (Thanks to Little Finger)

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For some reason they haven't shown Bran at all this season which is kind of disappointing.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question & maybe its been asked & answered, but I am not going back to the beginning of this thread & go through it all to find out.
How exactly with all his seemingly mystical powers, did the faceless man get captured back when she released him from the cage?

I've often wondered this myself. The books don't offer any insight. I hope they answer that question at some point. I wonder if he was arrested for his own crimes or the crime of whosever face he was wearing.

Some people speculate that he could have been Syrio Forel, Arya's trainer from season 1, and he somehow managed to escape Meryn Trant with just his broken wooden sword. Then he changed faces before being captured. I highly doubt that's is correct and certainly hope not.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't make sense to me, in one scene she's standing up for herself and in the very next scene she's getting bent over doggy style. The Boltons need her if they want the North's support, especially now that the Boltons no longer have King's Landing backing them. (Thanks to Little Finger)

Standing up for herself to the jealous (ex?) girlfriend/kennel master's daughter is 1 thing. Standing up for herself to Ramsay is something completely different. It really made absolute perfect sense when you think about the characters involved. Sansa might be becoming strong but she's not that strong yet, nor that stupid. They didn't have to show what happened on their wedding night, but given the fact that they did chose to show it, it's hard to imagine that scene playing out much differently.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standing up for herself to the jealous (ex?) girlfriend/kennel master's daughter is 1 thing. Standing up for herself to Ramsay is something completely different. It really made absolute perfect sense when you think about the characters involved. Sansa might be becoming strong but she's not that strong yet, nor that stupid. They didn't have to show what happened on their wedding night, but given the fact that they did chose to show it, it's hard to imagine that scene playing out much differently.

Also as we saw tonight, she did learn a thing or 2 from Littlefinger.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that even though Tyrene's tits were majestic, Cersei getting owned at the end was what got me hardest?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of scenes that don't make sense, "Mr. Eko" (don't know his character's name on this show) is the worst auctioneer ever.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that even though Tyrene's tits were majestic, Cersei getting owned at the end was what got me hardest?

One of my favorite moments ever. She forgot what she told Ned Stark so long ago; "When you play the game of Thrones you either win or you die." Doing stupid shit like giving somebody else power over the royal family, not to win, but just to put them in their place leads to her own downfall.

Not sure why Sam break his vow as a Night's Watchman while in Castle Black, but I'm sick of complaining.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite moments ever. She forgot what she told Ned Stark so long ago; "When you play the game of Thrones you either win or you die." Doing stupid shit like giving somebody else power over the royal family, not to win, but just to put them in their place leads to her own downfall.

Not sure why Sam break his vow as a Night's Watchman while in Castle Black, but I'm sick of complaining.
Don't most of them do this? I was under the impression many of them still visit whore houses.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of things to wonder after the last episode:

Will Stannis kill his daughter out of faith?

What does Daenerys do with Tyrion? I kind of think she will let Jorah fight to keep his life.

Even if The High Sparrow doesn't claim to be playing the game, he definitely is. With Cercei and Margaery in jail Tommen is weak and mentally fragile. There only seems to be two ways this ends. Tommen is finally outted as a bastard or Tommen has the religion torn down to rubble. Tommen has been more of a pussy than Ser Pounce so far in the series but he is after all a Lannister who are naturally cruel. If it's blood Tommen is after his arc could be very similar to Aerys II Targaryen. If Tommen is outted as a bastard it's very possible the religious zealots try to claim power in the capital and set a scene where all of the major families of the kingdom fight for their claim to the iron throne.

If Tommen gets outted as a bastard, it vanquishes any claim for Myrcella or the Martells and possibly sets up Margaery for yet another wedding if she walks away from this mess alive.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess it did if you consider Ramsay completely insane, which he probably is. But his father disapproved of the whole Reek giving Sansa away at the Wedding thing, you'd think he'd want to stay on his father's good side and play it smart but I guess he just doesn't give a shit. I kind of thought he did since he made a huge deal about officially being made a Bolton.

That scene with the antidote.... yes, please.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scene with the antidote.... yes, please.

I loved that scene. Bronn is one of my favorite characters, and I'm glad he survived for at least one more episode. I love the twist where his singing voice saved his life.

And my goodness, actress Rosabell Laurenti Sellers is so friggin' sexy!

5562a34d1aaec7043ea52155_game-of-thrones-sexual-assault-sand-snakes.jpg

Rosabell-Laurenti-Sellers-rosabell-laurenti-sellers-37668776-495-660.jpg

Per-Rosabell-Laurenti-Sellers-occhiali-Dior-Audacieuse-disponibili-in-4-varianti-di-colore-Gioielli-e-abiti-Dior.jpg

rosabell-laurenti-sellers.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

GoT needs to have more scenes with her being nekkid! Although I do feel somewhat of a perv because she's only 19 years old.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't most of them do this? I was under the impression many of them still visit whore houses.

Yes but I don't think many of them break their vows at the Wall itself.

That was a good scene for Sam where he saved Gilly, but I was really hoping to see Alliser Thorne complete his good guy turn and come to Sam's aid. Strange move by Jon leaving Ghost at Castle Black. He'll likely need him more than some will.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was commented on previously when someone got high and mighty about broken vows and the response was that the Watch tend to sneak off to close towns for a bit o' nookie now and again, and the leaders tend to look the other way on this.

In regards to the rest:

*I was quite po'd that the High Sparrow and his religous freaks locked up everyone else while at the same time doing business with Cercei, who is the worst of the bunch, so I was glad to see her locked up.
However, I still don't like these zealots and look forward to them getting wiped out (as I think might be coming).

*Ramsey Bolton: Moving up the ladder of the crazy a-holes GoT rankings. Soon he will be challenging Joffery and Cercei for the top spots if he keeps it up (lets put the likes of Walder Frey, Littlefinger, Lysa Tully, etc. in there somewhere also). However I suspect that Stanos might cut short his situation (the Red Witch has always been right so far) but there also might be a twist in store.

*I don't usually like short hair on chicks so much but some pull it off! Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (thanks for the pics!) is something else and has a great set of.............! :) Hope to see her and Bronn develop a storyline.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't know about most, but some do. But the watch is also made up of rapists and murderers in addition to the volunteers. I think it would be a safe bet to say that Benjen Stark, Lord Mormont, Maester Aemon, and probably even Alliser Thorne and pretty much every respectable Night's Watchman aren't among those sneaking off to sleep with hookers.

It is still in their vow, and breaking his vow does make me respect/like him less as a character. No matter that it's a dumb vow and that not everyone follows it.

And my main point was just that it's a needless change to the character that was written in the story. Again like I complained about not a change that needed to happen, just a change that happened because the writer of this episode of the show thought he could tell the story better than GRRM. A simple mindless change that shifts and transforms the whole mindset, motivations, and moral make up of a relatively major character.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vows technically don't say that you can't sleep with women, just that you won't father any children. So Sam hasn't broken them yet.