• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is actually an amoeba in the books?

She was so weak that she inadvertently betrayed her father and lead to his beheading in the books. I forget the exact details but she went behind her father's back and told Cersei that he was upto something, which lead to his arrest and beheading.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, when has she ever shown spine in the series up to this point? She accepted the proposal because she is nothing more than a passenger on this ride.

Maybe she is stronger in the books, I have no idea. But on the show, she is worthless.

Never, but that's the thing that would make her evolution even more effective. Tell me it wouldn't be bad ass to have her controlling this guy who skins people alive like her own murderous puppet. I'm not saying it's going to happen but I do think it would be cool if it did. If Sansa keeps going the way she's going, then I have no doubt she's going to die or be a complete failure. I just think she's been through too much to stay innocent. It sounds like she was a total and complete failure in the books.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best episode of the season thus far, probably because they focused on the North for most of the time. Sucks they officially cut out Young Griff but they handled the changes pretty well.

Two things I would have changed though:

1. Grey Worm should have died instead of Ser Barristan. Barristan still had a part to play and Grey Worm is only around for the forced "romance" scenes that add nothing to the story. Still not clear on why Dany sent the general of the Unsullied out on patrol when she knows shit can go down. Unless there's something I missed there.

2. I would have changed some of the dialogue in the conversation between Jon and his steward.

Dickboy: Boo hoo my whole family got killed by wildlings. I'm butthurt because you don't think they all deserve to die because of the actions of a select few.

Jon: Well guess what you little bitch, my whole family got killed by the Lannisters and Boltons and I swore an oath that prevents me from doing jack shit about it. Now, that may not have been as big of a deal if I was getting some hawt poo tang, but you killed my girlfriend right in front me. And to make things worse that's the only thing you did during the entire battle. Other than that you were pissing your pants in a corner acting like a bigger coward than Janos Slynt. So maybe you should count yourself lucky that I made you my steward instead of beheading your craven ass and burning your body. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to try to save thousands of lives in order to unite the Night's Watch and the Wildings so that we can save the 7 Kingdoms from being destroyed by a bunch of zombies. Now, if you're done being being a faggot I'd suggest you empty my chamber pot before I throw you in the ice cells.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*prevents me from doing shit about it.

Probably should have proofread that first.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best episode of the season thus far, probably because they focused on the North for most of the time. Sucks they officially cut out Young Griff but they handled the changes pretty well.

Two things I would have changed though:

1. Grey Worm should have died instead of Ser Barristan. Barristan still had a part to play and Grey Worm is only around for the forced "romance" scenes that add nothing to the story. Still not clear on why Dany sent the general of the Unsullied out on patrol when she knows shit can go down. Unless there's something I missed there.

2. I would have changed some of the dialogue in the conversation between Jon and his steward.

Dickboy: Boo hoo my whole family got killed by wildlings. I'm butthurt because you don't think they all deserve to die because of the actions of a select few.

Jon: Well guess what you little bitch, my whole family got killed by the Lannisters and Boltons and I swore an oath that prevents me from doing jack shit about it. Now, that may not have been as big of a deal if I was getting some hawt poo tang, but you killed my girlfriend right in front me. And to make things worse that's the only thing you did during the entire battle. Other than that you were pissing your pants in a corner acting like a bigger coward than Janos Slynt. So maybe you should count yourself lucky that I made you my steward instead of beheading your craven ass and burning your body. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to try to save thousands of lives in order to unite the Night's Watch and the Wildings so that we can save the 7 Kingdoms from being destroyed by a bunch of zombies. Now, if you're done being being a faggot I'd suggest you empty my chamber pot before I throw you in the ice cells.

I'm sure your revised dialogue would sound much more sophisticated in a British accent on the show, but I'm still not sure it's quite what they're going for.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure your revised dialogue would sound much more sophisticated in a British accent on the show, but I'm still not sure it's quite what they're going for.

You're right, I should have used c u n t in place of bitch in order to make it sound more British.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My take: He died so now she'll have to take Mormont back. As Grey Worm goes, it's just like Capt. Kirk beaming down to the unexplored planet at the being of a Star Trek episode so he can end up in a hostage situation. It's more meaningful if key characters do it than nobodies.

Some may find this season boring so far but I don't. It is good at disguising when things are going to happen. Thought shit was going to go down between Sansa and Ramsay's slut quickly but what actually happened was still good. Her response to the "Living in a strange place" statement was good. "No it's the people who are strange."

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was awkward.

The only way things could get more creepy in Winterfell was if Michael Bolton sang at the wedding.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I had been hearing about a really disturbing scene involving Ramsay and Theon this season, and when they brought Sansa up to Winterfell I had a decent idea what was bound to happen. Still disturbing.

So, Sansa has basically officially taken over the Jeyne Poole storyline from the books up in WF, but man what a tough way to go haha. She isn't exactly going from a bad situation to anything better it seems...ever.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I had been hearing about a really disturbing scene involving Ramsay and Theon this season, and when they brought Sansa up to Winterfell I had a decent idea what was bound to happen. Still disturbing.

So, Sansa has basically officially taken over the Jeyne Poole storyline from the books up in WF, but man what a tough way to go haha. She isn't exactly going from a bad situation to anything better it seems...ever.

As long as it doesn't mess anything good up from the next book's storyline, I love the change from Jeyne to Sansa!

Looks like Loras' new boyfriend is filling in for kettleblack (sort of). I'm guessing Meryn Trant will also sort of fill in for Dareon in Braavos.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant."

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
July of last year in the Game of Thrones Writer's Room:

Writer 1: "Well some people were upset last season because we cut out important and interesting characters in order to throw in a bunch of useless filler. Also we completely screwed up the scene with Jamie and Cersei at Joffrey's funeral and turned it into a r*pe scene which caused people to be super pissed. How can we do better next season?"

Writer 2: " What if we add some stuff about the religious organization hating homos? That's a fresh new idea that hasn't been done before."

Writer 1: "Great, what else?"

Writer 3: " Well since most viewers didn't enjoy that last forced r*pe scene, we should probably force another one. Only you know really get that r*pe right this time. I think most will enjoy that."

Writer 1: "Excellent, any other ideas?"

Writer 4 : "What if we cut out the interesting parts of the Dorne storyline and instead have Jamie and Bronn waltz right into wherever the Prince of Dorne is completely unimpeded? That makes sense right?"

Writer 1: " My god, throw in a dick joke somewhere and we've got an episode. Now lets go jerk each other off and talk about how awesome we are".

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Bronn is pretty much dead now. No way that blade that got him wasn't poisoned.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Writer 1: "Well some people were upset last season because we cut out important and interesting characters in order to throw in a bunch of useless filler. Also we completely screwed up the scene with Jamie and Cersei at Joffrey's funeral and turned it into a r*pe scene which caused people to be super pissed. How can we do better next season?"

Writer 2: " What if we add some stuff about the religious organization hating homos? That's a fresh new idea that hasn't been done before."

Writer 3: " Well since most viewers didn't enjoy that last forced r*pe scene, we should probably force another one. Only you know really get that r*pe right this time. I think most will enjoy that."

Writer 4 : "What if we cut out the interesting parts of the Dorne storyline and instead have Jamie and Bronn waltz right into wherever the Prince of Dorne is completely unimpeded? That makes sense right?"

Writer 1: " My god, throw in a dick joke somewhere and we've got an episode. Now lets go jerk each other off and talk about how awesome we are".

lmao, bravo.

That fight scene with the little girls vs Bronn and Jamie sucked too, I was surprised to hear people praise it.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fight scene with the little girls vs Bronn and Jamie sucked too, I was surprised to hear people praise it.

The frenetic editing cuts in that fight scene were almost headache inducing. But, perhaps the editor had no choice given the probable lack of quality & believable battle movements by the actresses? What an awful fight scene.

Coming attractions for next week showed Ramsay Snow-Bolton is the middle of a snowstorm! Yay...Winter is finally gonna be here!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was very baffled by how easily Jamie and Bronn were able to reach Myrcella. The only thing that stopped them was the fact that there was another group that should not have been able to get to her either, at least until the actual guards showed up.

If I remember correctly the r*pe scene involving Theon, Ramsay, and Jeyne was actually worse in the books, as Ramsay forced Theon to not only watch but to get involved.

They sure made the High Sparrow look like a decent guy in his first few scenes even if Lancel and the rest of the sparrows aren't so much. The High Sparrow even commented that he doesn't entirely agree with his sparrows methods. This might be a bit of a stretch, but I have a feeling we'll eventually find out the Sparrow isn't really such a homophobe and that he was really trying to see who would lie to the Gods and who would tell the truth (Cersei or the Tyrells).

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very baffled by how easily Jamie and Bronn were able to reach Myrcella. The only thing that stopped them was the fact that there was another group that should not have been able to get to her either, at least until the actual guards showed up.

If I remember correctly the r*pe scene involving Theon, Ramsay, and Jeyne was actually worse in the books, as Ramsay forced Theon to not only watch but to get involved.

They sure made the High Sparrow look like a decent guy in his first few scenes even if Lancel and the rest of the sparrows aren't so much. The High Sparrow even commented that he doesn't entirely agree with his sparrows methods. This might be a bit of a stretch, but I have a feeling we'll eventually find out the Sparrow isn't really such a homophobe and that he was really trying to see who would lie to the Gods and who would tell the truth (Cersei or the Tyrells).

Yeah, I think it was something along the lines of Theon having to finger her which they probably didn't want to show. But when we learned that Sansa was heading to Winterfell and not fake Arya I was pretty sure they were doing it partly to NOT have that scene in there. Shows what I know, but damn that scene was just unpleasant to watch.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, bravo.

Yeah, you really can't show Bronn easily taking out 3 guys on horseback one episode and then have him struggle to even land a hit on two chicks who are half his size and are armed with a whip and daggers.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FML is Bronn fucked now?

And after all the hype, the "scene" wasn't all that in terms of disturbing.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after all the hype, the "scene" wasn't all that in terms of disturbing.

Exactly... this wedding night 'bedding' scene was one of the mildest r*pe scenes I have ever scene on film. It was very short in duration, and the camera was fixed on Reeks face during the opening moments of the deed immediately after the back of Sansa's outfit was ripped open... and then...fade to black. Hardly disturbing.

I really have to scratch my head and wonder about folks who claim it was a difficult scene to watch... because it wasn't. It's all implied 'in your head'... so it might be disturbing for some folks to picture it in their heads, but it certainly wasn't violently depicted on film for the audience to see.

It's fascinating how our imaginations work, and how strong the power of suggestion is... go back and watch the scene again, but this time, mute the sound...you will be amazed at how mild the scene actually is!

I'm glad the makers decided to do the scene this way (implied violence, rather than actually showing violence), because some of the stuff previously shown in this program over the years has been fairly gratuitous in nature, and sometimes unnecessary IMO.

Bravo... this wedding night 'bedding' scene was produced correctly IMO... in a relatively mild manner.

Last edited: