• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsay owned that episode!

That ending pretty much confirms there'll be no Jon Connington on the show. I'll be interested to see how that part of his storyline plays out with Mormont.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of potential fighting setup. Should be more action soon. Most of this season has been story development and while there was a fair amount in this one, it wasn't as labored as a few earlier ones have been. Or maybe it feels more like some are getting closer to more interesting scenes.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good little episode. Interesting deviations from the book in the Jorah storyline with him contracting greyscale at the very end there.

We are apparently approaching a really disturbing scene involving Ramsay and Theon, which I thought would happen maybe last night (btw, how tense was that dinner scene?). I'm looking forward to a little more dragon action and the opening of the fighting pits. Should be quite the show.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good little episode. Interesting deviations from the book in the Jorah storyline with him contracting greyscale at the very end there.

We are apparently approaching a really disturbing scene involving Ramsay and Theon, which I thought would happen maybe last night (btw, how tense was that dinner scene?). I'm looking forward to a little more dragon action and the opening of the fighting pits. Should be quite the show.
The fighting pits should be pretty epic. I'm still wondering when The Sand Snakes are going to start some chaos. Everyone is telling Sansa that they remember, but why would people who serve the Boltons want to explicitly express their loyalty to the Starks? Is it because they know war will be upon them soon? I would think that for now what's good for the goose (House Bolton) is good for the gander as far as those people go.

The way I see it in the Game of Thrones power rankings Stannis is a solid #1 at this point. Not only will he have the free folk standing by to fight for him once Jon Snow returns from rounding them up north of the wall but Stannis already has enough men to advance against the Boltons. Stannis' castle resides on Dragonstone Island; the only place you can find the Dragonglass that can kill the white walkers.

With all of those advantages that's when George R.R. Martin likes to kill them off though. The guy with the flaming sword can't die and he's devoted to the same religion as Stannis. If Stannis gets cut down by someone, is it possible he could be revived?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fighting pits should be pretty epic. I'm still wondering when The Sand Snakes are going to start some chaos. Everyone is telling Sansa that they remember, but why would people who serve the Boltons want to explicitly express their loyalty to the Starks? Is it because they know war will be upon them soon? I would think that for now what's good for the goose (House Bolton) is good for the gander as far as those people go.

The way I see it in the Game of Thrones power rankings Stannis is a solid #1 at this point. Not only will he have the free folk standing by to fight for him once Jon Snow returns from rounding them up north of the wall but Stannis already has enough men to advance against the Boltons. Stannis' castle resides on Dragonstone Island; the only place you can find the Dragonglass that can kill the white walkers.

With all of those advantages that's when George R.R. Martin likes to kill them off though. The guy with the flaming sword can't die and he's devoted to the same religion as Stannis. If Stannis gets cut down by someone, is it possible he could be revived?

It's possible. People in the show have been revived in the past, but I don't know if it would happen. The show is advancing quickly to the end of the books that have been released and the show is differing so much from the book material that I don't really know what exactly to expect. I do agree that both the show and the books love to build up a character only to pull the rug right from under them. Things are looking solid for Stannis right now, but then again they also looked great for him when he took over Renly's army earlier on in the series...only to be wiped out by Tywin and the Tyrells combining forces.

As far as the Bolton's reign goes, they are one of the most hated families in the North PLUS its pretty understood that they had a hand in the murder of Robb and his forces...which were siblings of basically every other northern family, plus the Stark family was revered by the rest of the North. But, it seems suspicious to me that some people are explicitly coming out and telling Sansa...stinks of a trap to me.

It should start being pretty clear in the show by now that Jon is a major player in the series. I have no idea how his excursion to Hardhome is going to go, but if the books are any indication, there are "dead things in the water and dead things on the land". Might be an epic scene.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. People in the show have been revived in the past, but I don't know if it would happen. The show is advancing quickly to the end of the books that have been released and the show is differing so much from the book material that I don't really know what exactly to expect. I do agree that both the show and the books love to build up a character only to pull the rug right from under them. Things are looking solid for Stannis right now, but then again they also looked great for him when he took over Renly's army earlier on in the series...only to be wiped out by Tywin and the Tyrells combining forces.

As far as the Bolton's reign goes, they are one of the most hated families in the North PLUS its pretty understood that they had a hand in the murder of Robb and his forces...which were siblings of basically every other northern family, plus the Stark family was revered by the rest of the North. But, it seems suspicious to me that some people are explicitly coming out and telling Sansa...stinks of a trap to me.

It should start being pretty clear in the show by now that Jon is a major player in the series. I have no idea how his excursion to Hardhome is going to go, but if the books are any indication, there are "dead things in the water and dead things on the land". Might be an epic scene.
:pop2:. That sounds like it will be incredible.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scene with the dragon was probably the best CGI on TV ever. Compare that with last week's episode of the Flash and it's like night and day.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the whole "candle in the window" thing with Sansa was a message from Brienne, since she was asking the man who he serves and if he would send a message to Sansa Stark. The people from the North seem very honorable and loyal, they refuse anyone who tries to rule the north who isn't named Stark, it wouldn't be farfetched to see allies remain in Winterfell.

Anyone else think that Sansa will turn into a better version of Cersei and use the Bolton kid as her own puppet? I could see her convincing him to take the throne now that his father is going to have a child.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the whole "candle in the window" thing with Sansa was a message from Brienne, since she was asking the man who he serves and if he would send a message to Sansa Stark. The people from the North seem very honorable and loyal, they refuse anyone who tries to rule the north who isn't named Stark, it wouldn't be farfetched to see allies remain in Winterfell.

Anyone else think that Sansa will turn into a better version of Cersei and use the Bolton kid as her own puppet? I could see her convincing him to take the throne now that his father is going to have a child.
But she has NEVER shown any ability to do anything on her own. The one chance she had (pushing joffrey off the roof when he was gloating over Ned's head), she wussed out and did not act. Even now, she is allowing Little Finger to dictate her life for her.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. They're trying to make her likable now and sympathetic because she's dead girl walking. I don't know where, when, why, or how; and it seems like it will be a huge departure from the books either way, unless Littlefinger kills her in both. But I'm pretty sure she's dead meat.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scene with the dragon was probably the best CGI on TV ever. Compare that with last week's episode of the Flash and it's like night and day.

One episode of GoT probably costs more than a full season of Flash.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stannis has a few wildcards that he has to deal with and has recently showed a "weakness". There's the ongoing feud between his top 2 advisors. Then there is his crazy wife. Winter has been coming for 5 seasons and he has a long march from the Wall to Winterfell. They could be fucked if it starts snowing south of the wall. He owes the Iron Bank a lot of money but that's probably the least of his worries right now. But his big "weakness" is his love for his daughter who Melissandre keeps vaguely insisting needs to be around. She's the most intelligent and probably most likeable of any Baratheon and will likely get killed somehow before long, which will really fuck things up for Stannis. Either that or he weakens his position to save her, as any good father would. My money is on Ramsay killing her by unleashing his dogs on her, in a scenario that was somehow set up (or at least envisioned) by Melissandre for some reason.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stannis has a few wildcards that he has to deal with and has recently showed a "weakness". There's the ongoing feud between his top 2 advisors. Then there is his crazy wife. Winter has been coming for 5 seasons and he has a long march from the Wall to Winterfell. They could be fucked if it starts snowing south of the wall. He owes the Iron Bank a lot of money but that's probably the least of his worries right now. But his big "weakness" is his love for his daughter who Melissandre keeps vaguely insisting needs to be around. She's the most intelligent and probably most likeable of any Baratheon and will likely get killed somehow before long, which will really fuck things up for Stannis. Either that or he weakens his position to save her, as any good father would. My money is on Ramsay killing her by unleashing his dogs on her, in a scenario that was somehow set up (or at least envisioned) by Melissandre for some reason.
I'm not as far in the books as the show is currently but I have a feeling the decision to have his daughter and wife march with his army south could end up being a big mistake.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One episode of GoT probably costs more than a full season of Flash.

Definitely, just pointing out how good it looked.

Nope. They're trying to make her likable now and sympathetic because she's dead girl walking. I don't know where, when, why, or how; and it seems like it will be a huge departure from the books either way, unless Littlefinger kills her in both. But I'm pretty sure she's dead meat.

I haven't read the books but I've heard comparisons between them. That's just the feeling I got since Littlefinger gives her the speech about no longer being a pawn but a player in the game of thrones. She would have never accepted the wedding proposal if she wasn't intent on at least trying to be manipulative like the rest of them.

How hot is Ramsey's sexfriend by the way? I'd marry her over Sansa any day lol.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, just pointing out how good it looked.

I haven't read the books but I've heard comparisons between them. That's just the feeling I got since Littlefinger gives her the speech about no longer being a pawn but a player in the game of thrones. She would have never accepted the wedding proposal if she wasn't intent on at least trying to be manipulative like the rest of them.

Again, when has she ever shown spine in the series up to this point? She accepted the proposal because she is nothing more than a passenger on this ride.

Maybe she is stronger in the books, I have no idea. But on the show, she is worthless.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, when has she ever shown spine in the series up to this point? She accepted the proposal because she is nothing more than a passenger on this ride.

Maybe she is stronger in the books, I have no idea. But on the show, she is worthless.

Way weaker in the books.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as far in the books as the show is currently but I have a feeling the decision to have his daughter and wife march with his army south could end up being a big mistake.
Agreed!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The books as well as the dialogue on the show both imply that Sansa is way hotter than she is. To be fair, they probably casted her when she was 14 or 15. Maybe her mother is a dime so they figured she would grow into one herself. She certainly isn't ugly but let's be realistic, she's not as hot as some of the dialogue would suggest. Ramsay's girlfriend is way hotter for sure.