• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wild Turkey - I remember you describing your daughter's reaction last year to Viserion being killed and how I'd said if I hadn't had advanced warning, I would have lost my shit.
Well, I kind of lost my shit for a moment last night over Rhaegal.
I mean, I had a bad feeling either Ghost or Rhaegal would have to die this episode, since both seemed like they should have died in the last episode, but they didn't. Nevertheless, having a bad feeling and it actually happening are two different things.

I'll never understand why I give a shit about something that's not only CGI, but something that doesn't even exist in the world.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Grey Worm just tell Missandei to jump?
Wouldn't she have had better odds with falling than the Mountain's sword???
Grey Worm could have rushed to her fallen, dying body.
They could kiss.
Then Cersei could order 1000 arrows shot at them and we'd essentially be in the same spot we are now....

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how the naming works. It's based on where they are raised. Not where they were born.

Jon Snow would have been something else, not sure what, but certainly wasn't born in the lands that gave him 'Snow'.

Great, but this doesn't change the validity of my criticism.

He was not raised in the Riverlands. He was raised in King's Landing. Therefore it would still be Waters. Rivers makes absolutely no sense.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wild Turkey - I remember you describing your daughter's reaction last year to Viserion being killed and how I'd said if I hadn't had advanced warning, I would have lost my shit.
Well, I kind of lost my shit for a moment last night over Rhaegal.
I mean, I had a bad feeling either Ghost or Rhaegal would have to die this episode, since both seemed like they should have died in the last episode, but they didn't. Nevertheless, having a bad feeling and it actually happening are two different things.

I'll never understand why I give a shit about something that's not only CGI, but something that doesn't even exist in the world.

Because they have been around for so long. Ghost appears in the 1st episode. The dragons have been around since Dany walked into the fire (her first time, not second!). We've watched them group up as much as the Stark kids.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did euron get so powerful
He is the Mary Sue of GoT
Seems like D&D really wanted to set the tone that Jon is going to die.
Seems like they are hell bent on running the show into the ground the last season
You need a mechanism to neutralize the dragons or the show is kinda pointless going forward. Who cares what the mechanism is?
It just feels cheep. We've been told the dragons are badass and WMD's, but it is taken down by surprise shots. What the fuck was Danny and the dragons looking at?
The cheepness of the death after being lead to believe the character is very powerful is the problem I had with the Night Kings death too

Compare to the first dragon being killed, that death felt earned and legitimately made me fear what the NK and his army could do.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Snow should die for the way he shunned Ghost like that...didn't even go give him a belly rub or anything.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have been around for so long. Ghost appears in the 1st episode. The dragons have been around since Dany walked into the fire (her first time, not second!). We've watched them group up as much as the Stark kids.

Oh, I get that, but I still laugh at myself.
The direwolves make more sense to me, since they were actual dogs in the beginning and are sort of like Tibetan Mastiffs, but wolves, even as they became CGI, but dragons don't exist, so it seems absurd to be attached to them.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really thought they showed Nymeria for a reason, if Nymeria doesn't show up in final 2 seasons, the prior scene makes little to no sense

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought they showed Nymeria for a reason, if Nymeria doesn't show up in final 2 seasons, the prior scene makes little to no sense
she won't show up

they have been trying to write off the direwolves for a while now

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was based on who the father was.

Being a Stark bastard of Winterfell, he was a Snow

If you are a Dorne/Martel bastard, you are a Sand

It is generally where you are raised. I misspoke initially.

Robert has a bastard in the Vale with the last name Stone and another in the Stormlands with the last name Storm.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is generally where you are raised. I misspoke initially.

Robert has a bastard in the Vale with the last name Stone and another in the Stormlands with the last name Storm.
I guess you don't necessarily know who your father is if you are a bastard...

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It did show that Nymeria is very much like Arya...following her own path.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of things in this show should have happened for a reason and were just swept under a rug.

I'm still waiting to find out why was it relevant that Pycelle faked his posture and pretended to be weaker than he actually was.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you don't necessarily know who your father is if you are a bastard...
You do if you are given a surname. If you are unrecognized or not the bastard of a nobleman then you don't get a name. Gendry was unrecognized by Robert so he actually would not have grown up with a surname. But if he had had one it would have been Waters and not Rivers.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she won't show up

they have been trying to write off the direwolves for a while now

I agree, making the whole Nymeria scene pointless outside of to reminds us there is a living dire wolf