• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this comes down to the compressed storyline. It doesn't make sense in this setting, but would in a less rushed and fleshed out narrative like George wanted.

In the books, Jaime has already washed his hands of Cersei.

It is possible that he goes back and ultimately chooses not to kill her because he loves her? Of course. But it would make zero sense for him to go back to her now. That would be bad story telling.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books, Jaime has already washed his hands of Cersei.

It is possible that he goes back and ultimately chooses not to kill her because he loves her? Of course. But it would make zero sense for him to go back to her now. That would be bad story telling.
Still two books for him to come back around.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was just locations of dragonglass caches. I remember scenes about him reading about valerian steel killing WWs, including a picture that looked similar to the dagger that Ayra used. Plus, he also found out about Jon's lineage. I don't think there was anything new he packed up. Just that stuff and he took it with him as proof
He didn't know about Jon when he took that book. He found dragonglass stocks but I think that was before he left. Him stealing the books is probably a missed area that could have been useful.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I don't believe Cersei's pregnant, at least not from Jaimie. The timelines are all fucked up and things are taking way less time than they should (heck, just getting her army north should have taken a couple of months to Dany), but she should at least look pregnant.
I'm pretty sure she is and is planning on having yet another Jaime kid raised by an unsuspecting king father.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having fulfilled his pledge to fight for the living, Jaime returning to Cersei is appropriate to the tying up of loose ends in bringing this series to conclusion. I suspect his doom is inevitable. I wonder if he mortally wounds Cersei before expiring.

Pity he had to break Brienne's heart before departing Winterfell. Still, if the writers needed to make him a cad once again in the eyes of viewers before his death scene, mission accomplished.

Brienne is going to end up being preggo. I'm calling it now.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It went just how leaks said. I only read ep 4 leaks, and decided I didn’t want to know more ahead of time. Now I definitely don’t.
I don't understand why anybody is reading these.

Reactions: gob

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have put 9 ballista bolts into dany and nailed her to the earth...
Killed all the idiots who were 100 yards from my castle door...

Sooooooo dumb.

Yea was coming to post so now Cersei follows rules of engagement? She committed terrorism for starters.

They've done a poor job with the military aspect of it all. Seeing her suddenly weak army was kinda infuriating.

Still love the show as a complete story hit they've fumbled on the battle strategy really hard

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3ER laid it out there last night....he can only see the past. It’s good for bastard lineage and possibly how to handle the NK. It’s useless for what Cersei is up to now. 3ER is useless at this point.
He couldn't see all those scorpions?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't before, but I'm now definitely pulling for Dani to be sitting on the throne at series end. I think she's getting a bad rap. She has continually listened to those who have continually let her down (notably Tyrion). If she had attacked King's Landing when she wanted (with 3 dragons and 2 full armies at the time), Cersei wouldn't have stood a chance in hell. Instead, she has now lost 2/3 of her army and 2/3 of her dragons (not to mention Jorah, Missandei and whatever the Dothraki leader's name was). It's bullshit if you think about it.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't before, but I'm now definitely pulling for Dani to be sitting on the throne at series end. I think she's getting a bad rap. She has continually listened to those who have continually let her down (notably Tyrion). If she had attacked King's Landing when she wanted (with 3 dragons and 2 full armies at the time), Cersei wouldn't have stood a chance in hell. Instead, she has now lost 2/3 of her army and 2/3 of her dragons (not to mention Jorah, Missandei and whatever the Dothraki leader's name was). It's bullshit if you think about it.
youre-gonna-to-have-a-bad-time.jpg

0% chance it's leading to that.

She should have just taken all three dragons and burned the red keep in the night. Then burn the gates. Then go north to help Jon. There was no scenario where Cersei would be anything but a backstabber. Best to take her out when you had a chance.

A consistent theme in this show is women having the right idea, and the men doing something else. In this case, letting the men convince her to do something else.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bite your tongue. Tyrion is a genius. Everyone knows this. (notably Sansa)

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George R. R. Martin Wanted More 'Game of Thrones'

George R.R. Martin, author of A Song Of Ice and Fire, has revealed to Variety that he was keen to see Game of Thrones stretch much longer than 8 seasons.

We could’ve gone 11, 12, 13 seasons. David and Dan have been saying for like five seasons that seven seasons is all they would go. We got them to go to eight but not any more than that.

It’s a sizable “creative difference” between the creative forces behind the Emmy-sweeping series. While it’s tempting to picture George R.R. Martin as Rick ranting to Morty about a hundred years worth of Game of Thrones, he kind of had a point.

(...)​

The show that we learned to love was kind of a slow burner with a few outbursts of great action, but the scheming and interactions between characters were some of the most parts. That has largely been lost in the last couple of seasons. Even with the current events, they show would have been better with full 10 episode seasons and a better management of timelines and travel times.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't he look into the past and see what happens yesterday in Kings Landing????
Couldn't he have seen all the ballista and where Euron's fleet is?
Lazy writing.
Ravens....

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran is entirely useless despite being the most powerful human

His character gets more annoying with each episode

Yeah I thought he would sacrifice himself to finish off the Night King.

Now he is just a bump on a log saying that he is living in the past. He can't tell anyone what is going to happen. They have to learn the hard way or risk altering the future if they are told beforehand.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George R. R. Martin Wanted More 'Game of Thrones'

George R.R. Martin, author of A Song Of Ice and Fire, has revealed to Variety that he was keen to see Game of Thrones stretch much longer than 8 seasons.

We could’ve gone 11, 12, 13 seasons. David and Dan have been saying for like five seasons that seven seasons is all they would go. We got them to go to eight but not any more than that.

It’s a sizable “creative difference” between the creative forces behind the Emmy-sweeping series. While it’s tempting to picture George R.R. Martin as Rick ranting to Morty about a hundred years worth of Game of Thrones, he kind of had a point.

(...)​

The story telling was much more deliberate up to season 5 and then it kind of became how do we wrap this up in about two dozen episodes.

The criticism is probably overkill but it's due to the bar previously set.

Still one of the GOATS even with the rushed finish but it could've been even better.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't see all those scorpions?
Dany shouldn't have been so reckless

send a fucking scout...fly higher and see a fucking Iron Fleet waiting for your boats.

she really deserves to lose at this point.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I thought he would sacrifice himself to finish off the Night King.

Now he is just a bump on a log saying that he is living in the past. He can't tell anyone what is going to happen. They have to learn the hard way or risk altering the future if they are told beforehand.

"All crows are liars"

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S8E4:
1 Thought dragons were supposed to be world changers. Two of three have been dispatched rather easily.
2 Dany has done NOTHING to the level to justify Tyrion/Varys mutiny talks. That seems way forced.
3 Jon giving away Ghost is a signal from the characters and the writers that Jon is never returning to Winterfell.
4 Who is protecting Dragonstone all this time?
5 Again, I know the show isn’t primarily about this kinda stuff, but when it’s really obvious, it does take one out of the moment: why were the dragons not flying way high, scouting ahead of the ships? All it took was hiding some armada between some rocks back by the home base?
6 Why didn’t Missandei grab Cersei by the hair, world star style, and jump off the ramparts?