• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dany shouldn't have been so reckless

send a fucking scout...fly higher and see a fucking Iron Fleet waiting for your boats.

she really deserves to lose at this point.

Somebody else pointed it out earlier...They had to kill off a dragon to create the suspense/intrigue. Making the dragons vulnerable creates interest. The how might not be ideal, but I assure you that 99.9% of ideas you can come up with would have a "Why didn't they just do this to prevent it" attached to it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody else pointed it out earlier...They had to kill off a dragon to create the suspense/intrigue. Making the dragons vulnerable creates interest. The how might not be ideal, but I assure you that 99.9% of ideas you can come up with would have a "Why didn't they just do this to prevent it" attached to it.
the writing seems to be more a means to an end as opposed to the characters doing what the characters need to be doing.

"well we don't need these guys anymore, so we can kill them or write them off somehow where we don't have to think about it anymore"

it's irritating that this is how they decide to wrap up the final season.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S8E4:
1 Thought dragons were supposed to be world changers. Two of three have been dispatched rather easily.
2 Dany has done NOTHING to the level to justify Tyrion/Varys mutiny talks. That seems way forced.
3 Jon giving away Ghost is a signal from the characters and the writers that Jon is never returning to Winterfell.
4 Who is protecting Dragonstone all this time?
5 Again, I know the show isn’t primarily about this kinda stuff, but when it’s really obvious, it does take one out of the moment: why were the dragons not flying way high, scouting ahead of the ships? All it took was hiding some armada between some rocks back by the home base?
6 Why didn’t Missandei grab Cersei by the hair, world star style, and jump off the ramparts?
I think with Ghost, the writers are tired of people asking "hey, where's Jon's wolf?"

They are just saying "he went north to live with the Wildlings" so they can tie up that loose end.

giphy.gif

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so now does Dorne show up with an army and be like "yo, we've been able to help the whole time!"

so much deus ex machina

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Varys kill Dany?

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since Dany has come back to Westeros, only times they have been truly vulnerable is traveling by sea where Euron kicks their ass.

"So let's travel by sea before the final battle." :L

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the writing seems to be more a means to an end as opposed to the characters doing what the characters need to be doing.

"well we don't need these guys anymore, so we can kill them or write them off somehow where we don't have to think about it anymore"

it's irritating that this is how they decide to wrap up the final season.

It's irritating because you knew they couldn't wrap up all the sh*t that this story needed to wrap up in 6 episodes, yet it still took them 2 f*cking years. 2 f*cking years for this? That they were gonna just start blasting to the end was assured the minute we all knew 6 episodes were left, so just get 'er done and let me have this sh*t a year ago. Either way, just enjoy it for what it is and hope George RR Martin finishes the books before he croaks so we can get a more complete ending down the line.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so now does Dorne show up with an army and be like "yo, we've been able to help the whole time!"

so much deus ex machina

Vale...and Sansa...officially taking Littlefinger's place. She'll be standing there on the horse again like "Jon, y u always f*ck up so bad I gotta save your dumbass." HBO gets their woman power moment...and the redhead wins...because why? Because God bless redheads. Fade to black. Fat boy dies and we never get another book. Sansa's actress posts drunk twitters of her and arya's actress for next 5 years.

Then again, they could completely save everything by just going full horror story ending and having White Walkers magically reappear and kill all of them out of left field. I would support this route. I love a good sh*tty horror movie ending.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Bran talks to Sam, he mentions that Jon was born in the Tower of Joy on Dorne and that his real name is Jon Sand. Then they figure out the secret wedding thingee.
No. is real name is Aegon Targaryan, Rhaegal and Lyanna obviously knew they were actually married and he wasn't a bastard. Ned called him Jon Snow when he claimed him as his own bastard to hide him and his real lineage.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so much deus ex machina
What about bringing in the Second Sons? Are they just chilling back, getting fat?

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrists handcuffed with a foot of loose chain between? No. Try again.
Especially when she was literally inches from her when she mentioned last words.

Face it, this season, and the writing is complete shit with a couple of big battle scenes. Style over substance.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vale...and Sansa...officially taking Littlefinger's place. She'll be standing there on the horse again like "Jon, y u always f*ck up so bad I gotta save your dumbass." HBO gets their woman power moment...and the redhead wins...because why? Because God bless redheads. Fade to black. Fat boy dies and we never get another book. Sansa's actress posts drunk twitters of her and arya's actress for next 5 years.

Then again, they could completely save everything by just going full horror story ending and having White Walkers magically reappear and kill all of them out of left field. I would support this route. I love a good sh*tty horror movie ending.

This, or, same ending but replace White Walkers with Stannis. He has been confirmed (at least in the books according to GRRM) as still alive.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

did anyone else notice that Theon looked like a ginger in this episode? So did the Hound...

I found that weird

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about bringing in the Second Sons? Are they just chilling back, getting fat?

I predicted another showing for the Second Sons. It would really help Dani's state of mind if they showed up with Yara.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cersei should have just slaughtered Dany and her 5 Unsullied right there. Surprised she didn't.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. is real name is Aegon Targaryan, Rhaegal and Lyanna obviously knew they were actually married and he wasn't a bastard. Ned called him Jon Snow when he claimed him as his own bastard to hide him and his real lineage.

Bran didn't know that at the time when he was first talking to Sam.