• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously one will die, just not sure.

I think it is going to be Dany.

I think Sansa comes out alright. "I'm not a little bird anymore"

that was a badass scene.

They're setting up Dany and foreshadowing Jon v Dany

I see Jon winning, but I don't think that means gets the throne as that would wrap everything up too neatly

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. No way Cersei puts her most valuable asset in the thick of the fighting where a stray piece of dragonglass could end it.

Cersei battle strategy > NK battle strategy > every other strategy > Jon Snow battle strategy

Charge in, get surrounded. Wait for a miracle to pull my ass out of certain doom.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having fulfilled his pledge to fight for the living, Jaime returning to Cersei is appropriate to the tying up of loose ends in bringing this series to conclusion. I suspect his doom is inevitable. I wonder if he mortally wounds Cersei before expiring.

Pity he had to break Brienne's heart before departing Winterfell. Still, if the writers needed to make him a cad once again in the eyes of viewers before his death scene, mission accomplished.

Is it remotely possible that Jamie seeks to return to Kings Landing and kill Cersei?
Maybe he realizes that can end it all and thus earn him the moniker of Queenslayer, so there's that.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're setting up Dany and foreshadowing Jon v Dany

I see Jon winning, but I don't think that means gets the throne as that would wrap everything up too neatly
Either Jon dies, or Jon walks off to go north of the wall and live in peace.

Jon doesn't stick around to rule. I can't imagine that ending. That's been him consistently, reluctant leader. Once there is no more dire need for his leadership, he's out.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of Daenerys's dragons are dead. She either dies with the third, or it dies trying to save her. If Daenerys lives and assumes the throne in Kings Landing, and Jon Snow doesn't die, then Sansa becomes queen of the north, and Daenerys accepts alliance with her rather than servitude, while Jon goes north of the wall to live among the wildlings.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b91n619t9lw21.jpg

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of Daenerys's dragons are dead. She either dies with the third, or it dies trying to save her. If Daenerys lives and assumes the throne in Kings Landing, and Jon Snow doesn't die, then Sansa becomes queen of the north, and Daenerys accepts alliance with her rather than servitude, while Jon goes north of the wall to live among the wildlings.

That's not bittersweet at all.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books, the Golden Company is behind the OTHER Aegon Targaryen, the one that they stripped out of the show. And they land in Westeros to help him take the Throne.

Them actually fighting on behalf of Cersei doesn't seem like a done deal to me.
The Golden Company was founded by Targaryan bastards. This will be key.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having fulfilled his pledge to fight for the living, Jaime returning to Cersei is appropriate to the tying up of loose ends in bringing this series to conclusion. I suspect his doom is inevitable. I wonder if he mortally wounds Cersei before expiring.

Pity he had to break Brienne's heart before departing Winterfell. Still, if the writers needed to make him a cad once again in the eyes of viewers before his death scene, mission accomplished.
There is a method to Jamie's madness. He didn't break Brienne's heart for the sheer pleasure of doing so...he did it with purpose. He knows he's the only one that can/will stop Cersei and he knows it will mean his own end when that happens. He did what he did because he knows it will hopefully keep Brienne safe.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a method to Jamie's madness. He didn't break Brienne's heart for the sheer pleasure of doing so...he did it with purpose. He knows he's the only one that can/will stop Cersei and he knows it will mean his own end when that happens. He did what he did because he knows it will hopefully keep Brienne safe.

I agree with this. He's going to kill Cersei because she is a horrible human being that will destroy everything.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, my biggest criticism of this season is that the show runners made it needlessly too short.

Realistically one of Dany or Jon are almost certainly dead. And there has to be more conflict between them, IMO. There are so many different ways for the show to unfold going forward. Jon may kill Dany because she's gone crazy. Dany may kill Jon. Cersei may kill either or both of them.

Ultimately the only outcome that would be unacceptable, IMO, would be Cersei winning. That would just be bad story telling. She has been about as evil as evil gets in the show.

yes, the Jon V Dany arc in theory should be an entire season, instead it'll be crammed into 1-2 episodes

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trailer for episode 5 shows Euron Greyjoy looking up towards a cloud-shielded sun. We anticipate Daenerys riding Dragon to be dropping out of the sun to burn the fleet. The out-of-the-sun aspect is paean to aerial warfare tactics from WWI onward.

For one viewer, I would be pleased to see Euron roasted to death. However, the writers may save him so that he can be killed by his niece.

Jaime does, to get to Cersei just like he said he would

Jaime references who many people he would've killed to get back to cersei

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the Jon V Dany arc in theory should be an entire season, instead it'll be crammed into 1-2 episodes

Agreed. Honestly this should have been a reveal to everyone LAST season.

But such is life.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. He's going to kill Cersei because she is a horrible human being that will destroy everything.
I think it can go two ways really.

I think he's really going back to help her. But he might see her choices endangering the whole city, and feels honor bound to kill her to save everyone, or in retribution for all the people she killed.

I could also see Arya killing him first, and using his face to get close. I know there is a massive size difference, but it worked with Frey. She could be seated in the queens chambers for her monologue/ambush.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it can go two ways really.

I think he's really going back to help her. But he might see her choices endangering the whole city, and feels honor bound to kill her to save everyone, or in retribution for all the people she killed.

I could also see Arya killing him first, and using his face to get close. I know there is a massive size difference, but it worked with Frey. She could be seated in the queens chambers for her monologue/ambush.

Why would he feel the need to go help her when A)she sent Bronn to kill him and B) he just found out that Cersei killed a bunch of people that he fought a war against the dead with? It doesn't make sense and would go against EVERYTHING he's said for the past 2 seasons.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he feel the need to go help her when A)she sent Bronn to kill him and B) he just found out that Cersei killed a bunch of people that he fought a war against the dead with? It doesn't make sense and would go against EVERYTHING he's said for the past 2 seasons.
I think this comes down to the compressed storyline. It doesn't make sense in this setting, but would in a less rushed and fleshed out narrative like George wanted.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason why story telling rarely has evil winning. Because that isn't what the reader/viewer wants. Good doesn't always have to win per se but evil winning makes the entire story seem pointless.

Maybe in some movies. Not in a TV series you've been following for 8 years. I'm not saying everything has to end perfectly for everyone but having someone like Cersie win will just not work

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in some movies. Not in a TV series you've been following for 8 years. I'm not saying everything has to end perfectly for everyone but having someone like Cersie win will just not work

If that is the predicted ending mentioned earlier, I believe viewers will riot

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could they point straight up? Too much illogical soap opera bullshit tonight. I'm going to bed.
Probably not but how was she supposed to assess that from a distance in duress?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. Even in shows where the main protagonist is a sympathetic but bad person like The Shield or Breaking Bad, you really can't have them win in the end.