• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, my biggest criticism of this season is that the show runners made it needlessly too short.

Realistically one of Dany or Jon are almost certainly dead. And there has to be more conflict between them, IMO. There are so many different ways for the show to unfold going forward. Jon may kill Dany because she's gone crazy. Dany may kill Jon. Cersei may kill either or both of them.

Ultimately the only outcome that would be unacceptable, IMO, would be Cersei winning. That would just be bad story telling. She has been about as evil as evil gets in the show.

I wish TV in general was more okay with evil winning. I have always hated that good has to win because reasons. Cersei coming out on top might be the most believable as she is the most willing to do what ever it takes to win.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, my biggest criticism of this season is that the show runners made it needlessly too short.

Realistically one of Dany or Jon are almost certainly dead. And there has to be more conflict between them, IMO. There are so many different ways for the show to unfold going forward. Jon may kill Dany because she's gone crazy. Dany may kill Jon. Cersei may kill either or both of them.

Ultimately the only outcome that would be unacceptable, IMO, would be Cersei winning. That would just be bad story telling. She has been about as evil as evil gets in the show.

Has anyone played the Game of Thrones better than her?

Sure would piss us off to see cersei win but this show does shit to piss us off.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel like she has Arya at her disposal...Arya does what she wants.

They worked together to get Littlefinger.
So long as Arya is crossing names off her list, I'm sure Sansa has some influence.
Not a lot, but just enough for both of them to be in control.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was pretty dumb. That's not how a crossbow works. Especially from a seated position.

Would have been better for him to stand up with a sword after that.
I think it's Joffrey's old crossbow, which was something like a revolver (even in the books, if I remember right).

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya is busy working on her shopping list.
I don't even think she cares about that list anymore. The Red Woman was on it, the Hound was on it, etc.

She just wants Cersei. Tunnelvision...but so does Sansa. They have a common enemy, but they are going about it in different manners.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They worked together to get Littlefinger.
So long as Arya is crossing names off her list, I'm sure Sansa has some influence.
Not a lot, but just enough for both of them to be in control.
yea, they have a common goal, for sure.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need a special tool to load it. That crossbow doesn't have a stirrup. It's not a load by hand device, especially not lounging like Bronn was.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love an after episode break down where people did not try to shoehorn racism into it.

It drives me crazy.

You know what the MOST historically improbable event of this last episode was, from a human interaction perspective was? When Tyrion and Varys were talking about how to keep civilian casualties to a minimum. Civilian casualties varied between irrelevant and an objection of most medieval warfare. With lots of r*pe as well.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Sansa using Dany to get rid of Cersei, then flip the script and use Tyrion to get rid of Dany. Sansa is the most complete character right now, ruthlessly efficient when needed, and not on tilt. She has an expert assassin at her disposal, the 3ER, and an easily controllable brother who the North love.

Given that's how I see it, she's probably dead next episode, killed by Ghost....

Funny.

She is as good of a candidate as any with two left to go. She is smarter than Dany and she is not the same woman. She even said that the shit she went through to get to this point was worth it.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D&D obviously just want the series to end, and don't give a shit about how they do it. I'll be curious to see if the last 2 seasons of GoT adversely affect the spinoff viewership.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandor Clegane (The Hound) is headed to King's Landing to kill his brother, The Mountain. Arya is headed to King's Landing to kill Cersei, a task she was set to when she learned of her sister being at Winterfell and changed course in season seven. That their paths cross is no surprise. The earlier interplay between the two is a fan favorite.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't mind a scenario where Cersei does everything imaginable to win at the expense of her own people and winds up ruling an empty Kings Landing after it has been sacked/burned down/etc. Sansa rebels, rules the North, and is more than happy to stay there.

I don't think the Iron Bank will factor into the final episodes, but does Cersei have an endless supply of gold? I mean, what else is there to sack?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandor Clegane (The Hound) is headed to King's Landing to kill his brother, The Mountain. Arya is headed to King's Landing to kill Cersei, a task she was set to when she learned of her sister being at Winterfell and changed course in season seven. That their paths cross is no surprise. The earlier interplay between the two is a fan favorite.

That is the way it looks to me as well.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the series ends with that comet from season 2 making a U turn and destroying the world. Fade to black, fuck off, the end.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It drives me crazy.

You know what the MOST historically improbable event of this last episode was, from a human interaction perspective was? When Tyrion and Varys were talking about how to keep civilian casualties to a minimum. Civilian casualties varied between irrelevant and an objection of most medieval warfare. With lots of r*pe as well.

This I agree with completely. Although the Varys side makes sense. His main focus from the shows beginning was the common man. Every time he has jumped ship it has been when rulers stopped doing right by the people.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could warg and make animals do his bidding as well as, see what they see. He could be useful in any battle, like sending ravens out to see where the fuck the ice dragon is during episode 3.
He doesn't have the same wants and desires as normal people. He doesn't really care enough to do that.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't read the books, so i don't know what was supposed to happen. but i enjoyed the scene quite a bit.

same here. again, didn't read the books, but i enjoyed their obvious discomfort in figuring out a way to stay alive and yet get the right person to the throne.
That was a dumb scene. Totally NOT Bronn.