• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know bran said that, but he also was able to forecast other events like jamie arriving in winterfell, theon being his personal guard and theon's redemption. i didn't understand why he doesn't get those same type of visions now?

It’s a good point I wasn’t thinking about, but I was corrected on here. He could look at yesterday. Or 10 minutes ago, I guess.

That’s probably how he saw Jamie heading their direction. As for Theon, that might have been more of a gut call based on what he had been able to see of Theon to that point.

It does place the onus on the writing to use Bran more to help with what’s coming. And they are rushing to conclude. Bad mojo.

I’m sure what they might say is that Bran has nothing in it for this fight. Except, everyone around you is impacted, your brothers gone south, and your sister. And your other sister doesn’t fare well if Cersei sits on the throne for good.

Yeah....it’s just rushing for the end. We quibbled about time travel issues last year. But this is so much more. It’s loping full bore over huge pieces to get to an end.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a good point I wasn’t thinking about, but I was corrected on here. He could look at yesterday. Or 10 minutes ago, I guess.

That’s probably how he saw Jamie heading their direction. As for Theon, that might have been more of a gut call based on what he had been able to see of Theon to that point.

It does place the onus on the writing to use Bran more to help with what’s coming. And they are rushing to conclude. Bad mojo.

I’m sure what they might say is that Bran has nothing in it for this fight. Except, everyone around you is impacted, your brothers gone south, and your sister. And your other sister doesn’t fare well if Cersei sits on the throne for good.

Yeah....it’s just rushing for the end. We quibbled about time travel issues last year. But this is so much more. It’s loping full bore over huge pieces to get to an end.

Which is fine I guess. If they pushed a ninth season they would have likely built up to end around the NK defeat. Then HBO would make us wait two fucking years to essentially see a longer version of ep 4-6.

And who cares to wait two years for that?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think we see Dany doing the logical thing she should have done in episode 4, and roast all of Euron's fleet, coming straight down from the clouds, where the ballista's can't aim.

I think that's what he was looking at in the trailer, her coming from the clouds.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the first 6 seasons, there were such killer moments and an impressive scope of continuity that made us love the show in the first place. Political intrigue, magic, undead, there was kind of something for everyone.

As they deviated from the books, they took chances. Apparently, the writers spent time at the Andy Reid School for Time Management in Season 7. I think we've been spoiled by how well the show had been for 6 seasons, that our expectations were so high going into Season 7. And then we had to wait nearly two years. We expected so much more given that they had extra time, but maybe the bar was just too high. They knew what they wanted to do with the characters and how they would end up, but they perhaps didn't care about continuity. Perhaps they were worried about GoT-fatigue if the show went on too long. Now it just feels rushed and I really do not see any surprises coming.

I mean, just once, I would like to see a pack of direwolves help out in battle or Bran warg into something useful, but I know better now. And if they have no role to play, why not have them die heroically in the Long Night battle as they give Jon/Dany/others more time to survive???? Why provide fan service in one area, but gloss over it in many others? Sam's scrolls? THe crypts? Wasted opportunities.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Dany's arc. Her whole life was predicated on taking the Iron Throne and the closer she gets, the more the end justifies the means especially when the end looks in doubt. She does not want to restore House Targaryen to the throne as a birthright … she wants to install herself as queen regardless the birthright. IMHO this is probably the most realistic scenario even in the real world.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think we see Dany doing the logical thing she should have done in episode 4, and roast all of Euron's fleet, coming straight down from the clouds, where the ballista's can't aim.

I think that's what he was looking at in the trailer, her coming from the clouds.

Smart as he is, he should have his ships spread out and not clustered together.
But, you're right.
They don't appear to have a very high angle to shoot from, so they would have to be fairly far away to shoot something coming straight down and settling above one ship.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is fine I guess. If they pushed a ninth season they would have likely built up to end around the NK defeat. Then HBO would make us wait two fucking years to essentially see a longer version of ep 4-6.

And who cares to wait two years for that?

Not only that, but Martin is wanting the showrunners to write three more seasons ahead of his book. For the critics of the show's writing, this would add three more years of fan fiction. Martin should have gotten off his ass and finished the books if he wanted more seasons.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, but Martin is wanting the showrunners to write three more seasons ahead of his book. For the critics of the show's writing, this would add three more years of fan fiction. Martin should have gotten off his ass and finished the books if he wanted more seasons.
As much as we want to see WOW released, we see how something turns out when rushed where the creators heart isn't in it anymore.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart as he is, he should have his ships spread out and not clustered together.
But, you're right.
They don't appear to have a very high angle to shoot from, so they would have to be fairly far away to shoot something coming straight down and settling above one ship.

I don't see the concern with them bunched as based on how far that dude travels and how far he has teleportation capabilities. His fleet has gotten to places in impossible time over and over again, not to mention he built the entire fleet in about a week after his initial fleet got stolen.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writers had to show whether Bronn was going to go through with his assassination assignment and kill Jamie & Tyrion. Now we know.

But it's all a construct. Bronn travels across the continent, to the specific room where Jaime and Tyrion happen to be alone and extorts a massive kingdom for himself.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George R. R. Martin Wanted More 'Game of Thrones'

George R.R. Martin, author of A Song Of Ice and Fire, has revealed to Variety that he was keen to see Game of Thrones stretch much longer than 8 seasons.

We could’ve gone 11, 12, 13 seasons. David and Dan have been saying for like five seasons that seven seasons is all they would go. We got them to go to eight but not any more than that.

It’s a sizable “creative difference” between the creative forces behind the Emmy-sweeping series. While it’s tempting to picture George R.R. Martin as Rick ranting to Morty about a hundred years worth of Game of Thrones, he kind of had a point.

(...)​
Martin wanted to stretch it out? Shocking.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell in episode 8.3 & 8.4 the writers needed to familiarize themselves with:

9780804830805.website__07636.1470930422.jpg

There were a lot of illogical moves made.

Which chapters covered fighting undead and maximizing the use of dragons?

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we want to see WOW released, we see how something turns out when rushed where the creators heart isn't in it anymore.

I agree but I still put the onus on Martin. If he can't be rushed to write his books then he should not be blaming the showrunners for basically not writing them for him. Martin should take all the time he needs for the books but should not use the showrunners as an excuse for not having more seasons.

Reactions: gob

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3ER laid it out there last night....he can only see the past. It’s good for bastard lineage and possibly how to handle the NK. It’s useless for what Cersei is up to now. 3ER is useless at this point.

He could warg and make animals do his bidding as well as, see what they see. He could be useful in any battle, like sending ravens out to see where the fuck the ice dragon is during episode 3.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I still put the onus on Martin. If he can't be rushed to write his books then he should not be blaming the showrunners for basically not writing them for him. Martin should take all the time he needs for the books but should not use the showrunners as an excuse for not having more seasons.
WBPlex7.gif

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: I haven't read the books nor have I read any leaks. I started GoT way back when then lost interest. I had watched up until the episode Jaime lost his hand as they came out, then quit. A month ago I started binge watching and got completely caught up last Sunday. So if any of this is already known to be BS or is dead wrong, apologies.

With that said: At some point Bran had to fucking do SOMETHING. He has the power, time to use it. I also think Arya and the Hound are going to play some key role to balancing this thing out. I think Arya will sneak into kings landing and assassinate someone key that will flip the power back. I'm guessing Euron and so the sea power is lost. The ballistas will keep the dragon out of the mix, which is good.

I'm still feeling like the final battle will play out with Jon taking a run at Cersei, the mountain cuts him down. The Hound steps in and destroys the mountain. Arya gets a shot at Cersei but doesn't finish her off. A wounded Cersei kills Dany, then dies herself. Jaime is killed in battle because he doesn't know who to defend. Gendry takes the iron throne and Sansa gets the north. Tyrione ends up with Sansa (the spark is still there, they showed it). Brienne is shown at the very end giving birth, so the Lannister name does carry on.

Still haven't figured out Sam's role in all of this. Is he just done and will go take over to lead house Tarly? I also feel like they have kept Podrick alive all this time, he should do something.

Yes I also get the feeling that most of the main characters will die. Maybe Jon Snows will survive, maybe not.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't read the books, so i don't know what was supposed to happen. but i enjoyed the scene quite a bit.

same here. again, didn't read the books, but i enjoyed their obvious discomfort in figuring out a way to stay alive and yet get the right person to the throne.

Art imitating life. This shit just played out before our eyes.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I also get the feeling that most of the main characters will die. Maybe Jon Snows will survive, maybe not.
obviously one will die, just not sure.

I think it is going to be Dany.

I think Sansa comes out alright. "I'm not a little bird anymore"

that was a badass scene.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George R. R. Martin Wanted More 'Game of Thrones'

George R.R. Martin, author of A Song Of Ice and Fire, has revealed to Variety that he was keen to see Game of Thrones stretch much longer than 8 seasons.

We could’ve gone 11, 12, 13 seasons. David and Dan have been saying for like five seasons that seven seasons is all they would go. We got them to go to eight but not any more than that.

It’s a sizable “creative difference” between the creative forces behind the Emmy-sweeping series. While it’s tempting to picture George R.R. Martin as Rick ranting to Morty about a hundred years worth of Game of Thrones, he kind of had a point.

(...)​

I am sure the more seasons the more he gets paid. Why wouldn't he want it? Also, the writers now don't have original material and it shows they are not as good as we thought they were a few seasons ago.

Reactions: gob