• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She wasn’t at Kings Landing. She was back at Dragonstone.

That said.....that was a bit of some bullshit. If I remember correct Euron was tucked into some kind of alcove. He had line of sight (I think) to the dragons and certainly did to the ships. But IIRC...he had to come out of that alcove at some point. He destroyed the ships, but still had to sail the open seas to go back. Maybe it’s too many ballistas to tangle with for one dragon. But still....it was weak sauce.
ahh ok

then that makes more sense

still, she is a fucking moron for not looking for an ambush

upload_2019-5-6_8-17-49.png

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy. All is sloppy indeed. It got me thinking last night how so many great shows the last 20 years went out like this. Highly acclaimed and lauded shows, grown fat on their successes, limping to the finish line.

I was hopeful from way back that this would be different. And maybe that’s part of what bugs everyone the most....that this is not turning out differently.

Might as well just fade ep 6 out to black at this point and leave it all hanging. Lmao.

I think Jon Snow fucked everything up. He was supposed to die and prove that the front characters can go at any second. But then he was quickly back. Now they want to keep all the fans happy, which means they have to rush to kill everyone. And the episode will be all jacked up. Need to have been killing off key players one episode at a time. Talk about suspense, "who dies this week?".

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: I haven't read the books nor have I read any leaks. I started GoT way back when then lost interest. I had watched up until the episode Jaime lost his hand as they came out, then quit. A month ago I started binge watching and got completely caught up last Sunday. So if any of this is already known to be BS or is dead wrong, apologies.

With that said: At some point Bran had to fucking do SOMETHING. He has the power, time to use it. I also think Arya and the Hound are going to play some key role to balancing this thing out. I think Arya will sneak into kings landing and assassinate someone key that will flip the power back. I'm guessing Euron and so the sea power is lost. The ballistas will keep the dragon out of the mix, which is good.

I'm still feeling like the final battle will play out with Jon taking a run at Cersei, the mountain cuts him down. The Hound steps in and destroys the mountain. Arya gets a shot at Cersei but doesn't finish her off. A wounded Cersei kills Dany, then dies herself. Jaime is killed in battle because he doesn't know who to defend. Gendry takes the iron throne and Sansa gets the north. Tyrione ends up with Sansa (the spark is still there, they showed it). Brienne is shown at the very end giving birth, so the Lannister name does carry on.

Still haven't figured out Sam's role in all of this. Is he just done and will go take over to lead house Tarly? I also feel like they have kept Podrick alive all this time, he should do something.

arya and the hound together is one crazy mean pair of stealth and strength. i can't wait to see what they end up doing. any of my theories have been put to rest so at this point, i'm hanging on for the ride. i was disappointed in the first 3 episodes, but only because the bar is very high. i enjoyed last nights show.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I barely made it into this episode but that was far enough to get to a point where we all see, for about the hundredth time, that the showrunners don't seem to really know shit about the story.

Gendry was born in King's Landing. He is therefore Gendry Waters. He would be Gendry Rivers if he was born in the Riverlands.
That's not how the naming works. It's based on where they are raised. Not where they were born.

Jon Snow would have been something else, not sure what, but certainly wasn't born in the lands that gave him 'Snow'.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dany paranoia arc makes perfect sense and has been written well.

She is not beloved in the North. Her forces have been decimated. Down to one dragon. Lost Ser Jorah. Lost Missandei. Dothraki were pretty much obliterated. Lost a lot of Unsullied. Doesn't even have the best claim to the throne. Has probably figured out that Jon came back from the dead. Unbeknownst to her, Varys might flip and possibly Tyrion.

Unfortunately, the writing for the other characters is a bit lacking. I agree that the whole Bronn shuffle thing felt forced. What a waste of a great character.

Wasted Ghost.

Nobody thought to ask the 3ER if there were any traps waiting for them in Kings Landing? The 3ER couldn't look back a week ago in Kings Landing to see them building all the scorpion ballista or look in to see what their battle plans were?????

Jon Snow Battle Strategist
Battle of the Basterds - ignore plan, doesn't yell out to Rickon to run zig zag, fails to save brother, charge at the enemy to create an all-time meme, get wrecked, punts on 4th and 1, saved at the end by a long Sansa field goal.

Long Night - while we don't know for sure which plans were Jon's, not a lot went well here. Poor use of dragon riding and line of sight. Again, heroically charges at Night King from what seems like 100 yards and never gets there. Kills a lot of zombie wights, but his best moment is screaming down an undead dragon? Saved at the buzzer on a hail mary pass by Arya.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3ER laid it out there last night....he can only see the past. It’s good for bastard lineage and possibly how to handle the NK. It’s useless for what Cersei is up to now. 3ER is useless at this point.

Why can't he look into the past and see what happens yesterday in Kings Landing????
Couldn't he have seen all the ballista and where Euron's fleet is?
Lazy writing.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how the naming works. It's based on where they are raised. Not where they were born.

Jon Snow would have been something else, not sure what, but certainly wasn't born in the lands that gave him 'Snow'.

I thought i remembered an episode where they said he would be named Sand but im not sure. i looked it up once and read the last name is based on the region of birth, not the family name which was odd to me, but what the heck.?.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arya and the hound together is one crazy mean pair of stealth and strength. i can't wait to see what they end up doing. any of my theories have been put to rest so at this point, i'm hanging on for the ride. i was disappointed in the first 3 episodes, but only because the bar is very high. i enjoyed last nights show.

Yeah I liked last nights, it was a stage setter show. Line up the dominoes and now we get to watch them fall in the last 2 hours. Lots of development last night, some glimpses into what is coming.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it was based on who the father was.

Being a Stark bastard of Winterfell, he was a Snow

If you are a Dorne/Martel bastard, you are a Sand

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mechanism was already built, the army of the dead wiped out their troops, though this episode says they did not. but a random arrow or two from the sky felled the beast, which how shitty are dragons? are they just listening to peter paul and mary records when flying and not in battle mode?oh shit, i should have my sensors up, there's a fleet of ships ahead, nah, they have better eyesight, hearing, etc, than me, the dragon...i'll be picked off randomly

But it was important to show that Cersei was able to take out a dragon. Otherwise there are no stakes for Dany beyond smoking innocent people.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronns was a stupid, stupid scene.

i didn't read the books, so i don't know what was supposed to happen. but i enjoyed the scene quite a bit.

Enjoyed the Tyrion and Varys scenes. That should be the last of those....but they were both thinking along the right lines.

same here. again, didn't read the books, but i enjoyed their obvious discomfort in figuring out a way to stay alive and yet get the right person to the throne.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was based on who the father was.

Being a Stark bastard of Winterfell, he was a Snow

If you are a Dorne/Martel bastard, you are a Sand
Robert Baratheon has bastards with different names.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought i remembered an episode where they said he would be named Sand but im not sure. i looked it up once and read the last name is based on the region of birth, not the family name which was odd to me, but what the heck.?.

When Bran talks to Sam, he mentions that Jon was born in the Tower of Joy on Dorne and that his real name is Jon Sand. Then they figure out the secret wedding thingee.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they forgot to toss a Starbucks coffee cup before filming a scene last night...

D54PGyzXkAA-lJV

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know he was born in the Tower of Joy. But Ed Stark left where he was born murky. All anyone knows is he probrably wasn't born to someone in the North, since Robert's Rebellion wasn't fought in the North.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3ER laid it out there last night....he can only see the past. It’s good for bastard lineage and possibly how to handle the NK. It’s useless for what Cersei is up to now. 3ER is useless at this point.

i know bran said that, but he also was able to forecast other events like jamie arriving in winterfell, theon being his personal guard and theon's redemption. i didn't understand why he doesn't get those same type of visions now?

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Bran talks to Sam, he mentions that Jon was born in the Tower of Joy on Dorne and that his real name is Jon Sand. Then they figure out the secret wedding thingee.

yes. thanks. that was it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, one of the showrunners pronounces Cersei as Cer-Say and that makes me think he is an idiot.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I think they are fucking this all up.

Reportedly HBO and Martin both wanted more seasons. But the showrunners want to move on to their new CSA themed What If? So they are wrapping this all up and probably don't give many fucks about how it's done, just that it gets done.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George R. R. Martin Wanted More 'Game of Thrones'

George R.R. Martin, author of A Song Of Ice and Fire, has revealed to Variety that he was keen to see Game of Thrones stretch much longer than 8 seasons.

We could’ve gone 11, 12, 13 seasons. David and Dan have been saying for like five seasons that seven seasons is all they would go. We got them to go to eight but not any more than that.

It’s a sizable “creative difference” between the creative forces behind the Emmy-sweeping series. While it’s tempting to picture George R.R. Martin as Rick ranting to Morty about a hundred years worth of Game of Thrones, he kind of had a point.

(...)​