• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question: WTH was in those books that Sam stole from the Citadel? I thought it was going to be important info about how to defeat the WW or something like that. Now that he's going with Gilly, it doesn't seem likely that he's going to get a chance at impacting the story anymore.

I think that he'll be in charge of writing down the whole story, but those books he stole were stored in a locked location for a reason.

Fog

Addmin Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow- and you wanted to continue watching?! That's not even the best battle scene, let alone episode. Plus, it was not just the physically darkest episode, but the darkest thing ever on television.

I kind of don't want to watch tonight's episode until I see all of the previous episodes?

I saw what happen in 8.3

What are your thought's my old friend from the "House of AFR"?... :)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this was already asked...

If you were a character on GoT what character would it be?

Davos. I'd totally be the guy around all the action beforehand but when the shit starts to go down, is nowhere to be found only to emerge at the end like "Yep. I'm victorious yet again"

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of don't want to watch tonight's episode until I see all of the previous episodes?
Nah- you're at 2.7, then that's peak for this series! Good stuff for awhile.
I saw what happen in 8.3

What are your thought's my old friend from the "House of AFR"?... :)
Meh, this show still seems to be moving towards a decent ending. It's not going to be lame like Seinfeld or Dexter, and won't pussy out like Sopranos. As I said before, I'm hopeful.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question: WTH was in those books that Sam stole from the Citadel? I thought it was going to be important info about how to defeat the WW or something like that. Now that he's going with Gilly, it doesn't seem likely that he's going to get a chance at impacting the story anymore.

I think that he'll be in charge of writing down the whole story, but those books he stole were stored in a locked location for a reason.

I think it was just locations of dragonglass caches. I remember scenes about him reading about valerian steel killing WWs, including a picture that looked similar to the dagger that Ayra used. Plus, he also found out about Jon's lineage. I don't think there was anything new he packed up. Just that stuff and he took it with him as proof

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skimming back through the episode, saw something else that pissed me off. After Rhaegal gets shot down by the best shooting in the history of ever, why does Dany do what she did? She flew straight at Euron's ships, right into their line of fire, then...flew away. They were all packed together. Fly around behind them and torch them before Euron fast travels back to King's Landing.
Don't come in here with your logic and rational thinking.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp, I turned this fucking piece of garbage off about 20 minutes into the episode.

This is hot trash, and as expected I just don't give two flying fucks about anything now that the real villain is dead.

I read the leaked spoilers for this season and that's good enough for me. I would suggest you all do the same to prevent yourselves from wasting time cuz this shit is bad.

I always got the feeling that the showrunners were huge douchebags and not that bright. But god damn they are fucking bad at their jobs.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was the best episode of the season as well. I never really cared about the White Walker arc much so I'm glad they are moving past that.

Jon leaving Ghost with Tormund seemed odd. Ghost must have been thinking "First you cheat on me with that fucking dragon and now instead of leaving me with Sam and his growing family, you leave me with this neanderthal who brags about fucking bears?"

I figured the actress playing Gilly must have been pregnant but wasn't sure if the character was supposed to be or not. If the actress wasn't pregnant when the season was shot, she sure seems to have done what she could to look the part.

I thought Gendry's bastard name would have been Waters not Rivers.

Don't think Jamie cares about Cersei but just the baby. Now that he's a more honorable guy, he probably wants to actually be a father for once. He tried with Tommen and Myrcella but was too late. I suspect he'll run into Bronn on his way south. Strange that he's basically the Tom Brady of this world and the only women he's ever banged are his twin sister and a brute.

I'd be interested to see if Varys now tries to use Missandei's death to lure his fellow eunuch to his cause. Grey Worm would obviously still want revenge against Cersei and the Mountain but Varys could play the "Deanerys let it happen" card.

Daenerys seemed way more upset over losing Jorah (and to a lesser extent Missandei) than either dragon. If she considers them pets then that arguably might make sense but she's said repeatedly that they are her children.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, what happened was......shitty writing and pandering fan service.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was just locations of dragonglass caches. I remember scenes about him reading about valerian steel killing WWs, including a picture that looked similar to the dagger that Ayra used. Plus, he also found out about Jon's lineage. I don't think there was anything new he packed up. Just that stuff and he took it with him as proof

IIRC (the timelines are all messed up), he wrote to Jon about the dragonglass caches, that's why Jon goes to Dragonstone. Both him and Jon already knew about Valyrian steel killing WWs. I thought it was going to be something else, but I guess it's going to be one of those things left unanswered.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I barely made it into this episode but that was far enough to get to a point where we all see, for about the hundredth time, that the showrunners don't seem to really know shit about the story.

Gendry was born in King's Landing. He is therefore Gendry Waters. He would be Gendry Rivers if he was born in the Riverlands.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I barely made it into this episode but that was far enough to get to a point where we all see, for about the hundredth time, that the showrunners don't seem to really know shit about the story.

Gendry was born in King's Landing. He is therefore Gendry Waters. He would be Gendry Rivers if he was born in the Riverlands.
meh, all they and the unimaginative masses care about is Dany and Jon ince$t and#girlpower.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daenerys was acting a lot like her brother Viserys did in Season 1. Not sure if 2 episodes to go would be enough time to make her the final villain but I hope it happens.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I don't believe Cersei's pregnant, at least not from Jaimie. The timelines are all fucked up and things are taking way less time than they should (heck, just getting her army north should have taken a couple of months to Dany), but she should at least look pregnant.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I don't believe Cersei's pregnant, at least not from Jaimie. The timelines are all fucked up and things are taking way less time than they should (heck, just getting her army north should have taken a couple of months to Dany), but she should at least look pregnant.

The only problem with that theory is that the show isn't exactly known for its timeline always making sense. I mean she definitely should have been several months pregnant before Euron banged her. From Euron's perspective, she'll be showing and eventually give birth very early. I wonder if he'll question her next week how Tyrion knew that she was pregnant. She could probably blame it on Varys.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt care for the whole dragon saying oops! I ran into a stick in the air to kill me off quickly.
They are making dragons the most fragile beasts in the realm LOL.
A ton of other ways to kill off the dragon
I am gonna start calling Dany & her forces the Atlanta Falcons.

Killing Ms. Hot Bod was sad, but nice touch

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another thing: Shouldn't Cersei have a pretty noticeable baby bump by now? Or are we back to time travel again?

That's assuming that she's telling the truth about being pregnant. Wasn't she drinking wine after banging Euron?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's assuming that she's telling the truth about being pregnant. Wasn't she drinking wine after banging Euron?
I dont think they cared about drinking & being pregnant in medieval times. (or whatever magical times this is)

Reactions: gob

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they cared about drinking & being pregnant in medieval times. (or whatever magical times this is)

But it's how Tyrion found out that she was pregnant, that she wasn't drinking. Jaime even said "I don't believe you" to her before he left for Winterfell at the end of season 7.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's how Tyrion found out that she was pregnant, that she wasn't drinking. Jaime even said "I don't believe you" to her before he left for Winterfell at the end of season 7.
I believe Jamie said I dont believe you to the fact she was gonna have the mountain kill him if he left.

As far as the other part. :noidea:
Dont remember her not drinking that tipped Tyrion off. So I guess I cant speak to that.