• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronn scene was ridiculous. No idea what the point of that was.

The writers had to show whether Bronn was going to go through with his assassination assignment and kill Jamie & Tyrion. Now we know.

So... if Tyrion survives/lives, and maintains his title as Hand (a couple big ifs), then Bronn is about to become the richest person in Westeros because The Reach and its capital, Highgarden is the most fertile land in Westeros. Most of the food supply in the 7 kingdoms comes from The Reach.

The Lannister gold mines in the Westerlands have played-out, so the power of House Lannister is finished... I believe both Jamie & Cersei will die in the series finale, and without any more source of gold, Tyrion will simply be an advisor/councilor for the remainder of his days.

All hail Bronn and his soon-to-be power/influence over the Westeros food supply! Too bad for Sam & Gilly, I want them to take over the Reach & Highgarden.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, all they and the unimaginative masses care about is Dany and Jon ince$t and#girlpower.

It's more the writers than anything. Most people I know who have been with the show from the beginning, whether they're familiar with the source material or not, realize how shitty the show has become.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... I liked the episode. It isn't my favorite this season because I really liked Ep.2 and all the interactions and tension before the battle, but this had its moments too.

Liked... The ceremony and the burning of the dead. Very well executed.
The celebration at Winterfell... As usual Tormund was the soul of the party. Liked seeing him getting rejected by Brianne.

The fact that there were some whores at the party felt out of place, but it lead to a nice moment between Sansa and the Hound.

Didn't like:
Dany's paranoia and desperation at Winterfell. Yes, they are setting her up as some sort of a mad queen, but it feels kind of rushed. She's always had a rough side, but madness hasn't been part of her character.

Bronn's scene. Talk about a forced scene, and Bronn's not supposed to be an idiot. Even if they win, what authority do they have to give him the richest castle in the continent? Why would Dany ever agree to that if Bronn isn't even helping her cause?

Sansa's right, the fighters, even Dany's, need some time for R&R, and to fulfill the logistical needs of supplying an expedition, if those matter anymore. Someone, especially Jon, should've agreed with her instead of leaving Sansa as the long voice of dissent.

If before the battle of Winterfell, Dany's army was too strong, now it is too weak. Her wanting to go against Cersei right now feels like Stannis wanting to lay siege on Winterfell with about a 100 men. Her "army" looked ridiculously small during the "negotiations".

I think that we'll get another last minute save next week, with the Stormland's and/or the Dornish army joining the battle at the last possible moment.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Episode 4 go as it said?

Yes. It went just how leaks said. I only read ep 4 leaks, and decided I didn’t want to know more ahead of time. Now I definitely don’t.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... I liked the episode. It isn't my favorite this season because I really liked Ep.2 and all the interactions and tension before the battle, but this had its moments too.

Liked... The ceremony and the burning of the dead. Very well executed.
The celebration at Winterfell... As usual Tormund was the soul of the party. Liked seeing him getting rejected by Brianne.

The fact that there were some whores at the party felt out of place, but it lead to a nice moment between Sansa and the Hound.

Didn't like:
Dany's paranoia and desperation at Winterfell. Yes, they are setting her up as some sort of a mad queen, but it feels kind of rushed. She's always had a rough side, but madness hasn't been part of her character.

Bronn's scene. Talk about a forced scene, and Bronn's not supposed to be an idiot. Even if they win, what authority do they have to give him the richest castle in the continent? Why would Dany ever agree to that if Bronn isn't even helping her cause?

Sansa's right, the fighters, even Dany's, need some time for R&R, and to fulfill the logistical needs of supplying an expedition, if those matter anymore. Someone, especially Jon, should've agreed with her instead of leaving Sansa as the long voice of dissent.

If before the battle of Winterfell, Dany's army was too strong, now it is too weak. Her wanting to go against Cersei right now feels like Stannis wanting to lay siege on Winterfell with about a 100 men. Her "army" looked ridiculously small during the "negotiations".

I think that we'll get another last minute save next week, with the Stormland's and/or the Dornish army joining the battle at the last possible moment.
I don't know if I wouldn't say Dany hasn't had any sort of madness. She did some pretty rash, impulsive things prior to crossing the Narrow Sea that many may call a little crazy.

I just think she is reckless. She doesn't wnat to listen to reason and let her forces rest. Instead she goes charging in and gets an injured dragon killed and loses her bestie. She didn't scout out what Cersei had going on and just goes for a joy ride around King's Landing. Moron.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell in episode 8.3 & 8.4 the writers needed to familiarize themselves with:

9780804830805.website__07636.1470930422.jpg

There were a lot of illogical moves made.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell in episode 8.3 & 8.4 the writers needed to familiarize themselves with:

9780804830805.website__07636.1470930422.jpg

There were a lot of illogical moves made.
they need Rob Stark or Stannis

no one around that fucking table knows how to fight a war

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I wouldn't say Dany hasn't had any sort of madness. She did some pretty rash, impulsive things prior to crossing the Narrow Sea that many may call a little crazy.

I just think she is reckless. She doesn't wnat to listen to reason and let her forces rest. Instead she goes charging in and gets an injured dragon killed and loses her bestie. She didn't scout out what Cersei had going on and just goes for a joy ride around King's Landing. Moron.

She wasn’t at Kings Landing. She was back at Dragonstone.

That said.....that was a bit of some bullshit. If I remember correct Euron was tucked into some kind of alcove. He had line of sight (I think) to the dragons and certainly did to the ships. But IIRC...he had to come out of that alcove at some point. He destroyed the ships, but still had to sail the open seas to go back. Maybe it’s too many ballistas to tangle with for one dragon. But still....it was weak sauce.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon:
cmo28qdt3iw21.jpg

Fuck you Jon, you bastard.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need Rob Stark or Stannis

no one around that fucking table knows how to fight a war

THat's why Jaime is on his way there.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the rest....

Yeah, it might have been best ep of the season, but that’s like being tallest dwarf.

Bronns was a stupid, stupid scene.

I didn’t get the read that Jaime was running back to join his sister because he’s “as messed up as she is”. He’s going back to take her down, because she’s as messed up as he is. Prophecy on track.

Totally buying Arya mercy killing Hound after he kills his brother but is left very wounded. He even set it up asking if she was going to leave him for dead again. This is just how the show runners will do it. And it will be over sweetened when it’s done.

What wasn’t done badly in my view was some coloring to Danys ongoing arc turn. I thought they did a good job of highlighting that what she is experiencing in Westeros is guiding this turn. In Essos she showed up, freed the oppressed masses and experienced mass love. No one questioned that she was queen. She honest to God came over thinking it would be the same thing. But Westeros is much different and fucked up. She clearly sees herself as an outsider who is not being welcomed in.

Combine this with Cersei’s game plan. Her plan is that the daughter of the Mad King must be mad herself. It just needs to be brought out. Slaughtering most of Kings Landing would totally delegitimize Danys claim. It would show the whole continent that she is just what everyone said she was. If repelled it would set Cersei up for good. And Dany is playing right into that.

Enjoyed the Tyrion and Varys scenes. That should be the last of those....but they were both thinking along the right lines.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy. All is sloppy indeed. It got me thinking last night how so many great shows the last 20 years went out like this. Highly acclaimed and lauded shows, grown fat on their successes, limping to the finish line.

I was hopeful from way back that this would be different. And maybe that’s part of what bugs everyone the most....that this is not turning out differently.

Might as well just fade ep 6 out to black at this point and leave it all hanging. Lmao.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only they had access to some kind of multi-eyed raven that can see things....

3ER laid it out there last night....he can only see the past. It’s good for bastard lineage and possibly how to handle the NK. It’s useless for what Cersei is up to now. 3ER is useless at this point.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leaked ep 5 scene of aftermath of kings landing. very cool graphcs.

13134364-0-Leaked_picture_A_fan_posted_a_leaked_picture_of_King_s_Landing_i-a-3_1557123351780.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: I haven't read the books nor have I read any leaks. I started GoT way back when then lost interest. I had watched up until the episode Jaime lost his hand as they came out, then quit. A month ago I started binge watching and got completely caught up last Sunday. So if any of this is already known to be BS or is dead wrong, apologies.

With that said: At some point Bran had to fucking do SOMETHING. He has the power, time to use it. I also think Arya and the Hound are going to play some key role to balancing this thing out. I think Arya will sneak into kings landing and assassinate someone key that will flip the power back. I'm guessing Euron and so the sea power is lost. The ballistas will keep the dragon out of the mix, which is good.

I'm still feeling like the final battle will play out with Jon taking a run at Cersei, the mountain cuts him down. The Hound steps in and destroys the mountain. Arya gets a shot at Cersei but doesn't finish her off. A wounded Cersei kills Dany, then dies herself. Jaime is killed in battle because he doesn't know who to defend. Gendry takes the iron throne and Sansa gets the north. Tyrione ends up with Sansa (the spark is still there, they showed it). Brienne is shown at the very end giving birth, so the Lannister name does carry on.

Still haven't figured out Sam's role in all of this. Is he just done and will go take over to lead house Tarly? I also feel like they have kept Podrick alive all this time, he should do something.