• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have the same wants and desires as normal people. He doesn't really care enough to do that.

But he is their brother and they could ask him for help.

If not, leave him out by the red tree and fee him a couple times a day.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I think they are fucking this all up.

Reportedly HBO and Martin both wanted more seasons. But the showrunners want to move on to their new CSA themed What If? So they are wrapping this all up and probably don't give many fucks about how it's done, just that it gets done.

this is how it feels, which is why so many of us our let down

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they're not wrong

Those takes are ATROCIOUS!!! Responding to each of her comments.

Missandei's death was not racist or misogynist! Who the hell else could have been the one in Missandei's spot that would have had the same outrage levels and wasn't critical to the show? The whole point of the scene was that she was probably the most harmless of any of the characters and Cersei lopped her head off.

Can we PLEASE stop treating dramatic effect in film as being unimportant? Sure, I guess it would have been more accurate to have Dany and her army 2 miles away and just watch a lot of walking between the 2 sides but it would have been pretty terrible TV.

Again, the show needs to move forward. Either Jon tells Arya and Sansa or someone else does. Him telling them adds conflict between he and Dany.

FTR, I don't believe Ghost is gone but if he is, so what? He's been largely a non-event since Season 3.

Seriously, she's criticizing the Starks because they aren't being laughably naive? Just after criticizing Jon for being laughably naive?

Her Sansa criticisms pretty much ignore her entire story arc. And to suggest that the show was condoning r*pe is an on going ridiculous criticism of this show.

Arguing that the Dany the Mad Queen story is super forced makes sense only if you haven't been watching the show. It's been an underlying story arc since at least Mereen.

Arya going to finish her list is surprising? Da Faq?

Yes Rhaegal dying was for dramatic effect and WAY BETTER than having him die off camera last episode. It moves the story forward.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I barely made it into this episode but that was far enough to get to a point where we all see, for about the hundredth time, that the showrunners don't seem to really know shit about the story.

Gendry was born in King's Landing. He is therefore Gendry Waters. He would be Gendry Rivers if he was born in the Riverlands.

Okay you've convinced me. I'm out. Not watching any more.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he is their brother and they could ask him for help.

If not, leave him out by the red tree and fee him a couple times a day.

Hey, what th.... dragonglass in the wheel spokes! Ok, real funny you guys......

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seasons-1-4-seasons-5-8-game-of-thrones-2011-2019-bittersweet-truth-38075610.png

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which chapters covered fighting undead and maximizing the use of dragons?

Read the book ... it doesn't speak in specifics and you may have to draw an analogy or two, but military academies the world over have been using it for centuries.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books, the Golden Company is behind the OTHER Aegon Targaryen, the one that they stripped out of the show. And they land in Westeros to help him take the Throne.

Them actually fighting on behalf of Cersei doesn't seem like a done deal to me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish TV in general was more okay with evil winning. I have always hated that good has to win because reasons. Cersei coming out on top might be the most believable as she is the most willing to do what ever it takes to win.

There is a reason why story telling rarely has evil winning. Because that isn't what the reader/viewer wants. Good doesn't always have to win per se but evil winning makes the entire story seem pointless.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the book ... it doesn't speak in specifics and you may have to draw an analogy or two, but military academies the world over have been using it for centuries.

I've read the book. As with any book that deals with human warfare it assumes you are fighting against humans and not mostly unstoppable zombies.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books, the Golden Company is behind the OTHER Aegon Targaryen, the one that they stripped out of the show. And they land in Westeros to help him take the Throne.

Them actually fighting on behalf of Cersei doesn't seem like a done deal to me.

Mercenaries are not well know for their loyalty.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Dany just make Gendry the arguable heir to the throne? Or at least 3rd in line behind Jon and her. So if Jon, Dany, and Cersei die, Gendry is King?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercenaries are not well know for their loyalty.
The Golden Company supposedly is. But, again, in the books they do break a contract to fall in behind Aegon.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason why story telling rarely has evil winning. Because that isn't what the reader/viewer wants. Good doesn't always have to win per se but evil winning makes the entire story seem pointless.

Ah, but evil can be subjective.
Especially when lesser evils team up to take on a greater evil.
Like politics.

Hang on, hang on, I'll show myself out....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree with completely. Although the Varys side makes sense. His main focus from the shows beginning was the common man. Every time he has jumped ship it has been when rulers stopped doing right by the people.

Oh I get his character's motivation. But his character is ahistorical.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, but evil can be subjective.
Especially when lesser evils team up to take on a greater evil.
Like politics.

Hang on, hang on, I'll show myself out....

LOL. I do think that the winner at the end may not come out with terribly clean hands. But Cersei is more evil than the White Walkers and they wanted to kill all the humans.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having fulfilled his pledge to fight for the living, Jaime returning to Cersei is appropriate to the tying up of loose ends in bringing this series to conclusion. I suspect his doom is inevitable. I wonder if he mortally wounds Cersei before expiring.

Pity he had to break Brienne's heart before departing Winterfell. Still, if the writers needed to make him a cad once again in the eyes of viewers before his death scene, mission accomplished.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Dany just make Gendry the arguable heir to the throne? Or at least 3rd in line behind Jon and her. So if Jon, Dany, and Cersei die, Gendry is King?

In theory, Robert Baratheon was king.
All of his known sons (actually, Jamie's) Joffrey and Tommen are dead.
No daugther.
Cersei is regent Queen.

By my book, Gendry is next in line, unless Daneyras/Jon play the role of usurper or call backsies from when Robert uslurped the throne from the mad king. Yes, I used the word 'uslurped' on purpose. It was a typo, but looks and reads a lot funnier.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I do think that the winner at the end may not come out with terribly clean hands. But Cersei is more evil than the White Walkers and they wanted to kill all the humans.

Disagree. No way Cersei puts her most valuable asset in the thick of the fighting where a stray piece of dragonglass could end it.

Cersei battle strategy > NK battle strategy > every other strategy > Jon Snow battle strategy