• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive thoroughly enjoyed this show since the beginning but the last 2 episodes have been pretty frustrating to watch. big bitch needs to die. I don't need 10 minutes of every episode this season of her following around a stark girl that wants nothing to do with her. the arya story tonight was brutal as well

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daenerys is a bigger fuck up of a ruler than Robb Stark. Good intentions but poor decisions.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought episode 1 was one of the weaker episodes in the series but episode 2 is in the top 10-15. Really good dialogue and things are starting to get put into play.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have to dedicate an entire week to bewbs

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive thoroughly enjoyed this show since the beginning but the last 2 episodes have been pretty frustrating to watch. big bitch needs to die. I don't need 10 minutes of every episode this season of her following around a stark girl that wants nothing to do with her. the arya story tonight was brutal as well

I agree. I just don't see what the point of her story is anymore. She killed the Hound ( we assume), got denied by both Stark girls, and isn't going to come anywhere near the two characters she meets at this point in the books. There is nothing to tell right now. They need to either get something interesting going soon or kill her off. Granted, I've heard her story does pick up in the next couple episodes but I have yet to watch those.

Definitely two dull episodes so far.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People complaining about the storyline being boring so far have to remember that's how this show works. It's a slow burn/buildup.

The interesting thing to me so far has been that basically all of the first 2 episodes are completely off the books. It's kept me entertained anyhow...the hour seems to go by too fast. I loved that we saw the return of Jaqen H'ghar. Arya's storyline is about to become a lot more interesting. I've never been a fan of Sansa or Brienne's storylines in the books...seems like they're always building to something that never comes about, but so far the show has gone completely off the books for them so I'm curious to see where they are heading.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People complaining about the storyline being boring so far have to remember that's how this show works. It's a slow burn/buildup.

The interesting thing to me so far has been that basically all of the first 2 episodes are completely off the books. It's kept me entertained anyhow...the hour seems to go by too fast. I loved that we saw the return of Jaqen H'ghar. Arya's storyline is about to become a lot more interesting. I've never been a fan of Sansa or Brienne's storylines in the books...seems like they're always building to something that never comes about, but so far the show has gone completely off the books for them so I'm curious to see where they are heading.

I agree. While I'm mildly disappointed about some of the stuff being left out, I'm really liking some of the changes from the books so far this season. I have to admit that I watched the leaked episodes and I'm liking some of the changes yet to come in those episodes as well. I don't think there is anything left from the books for Sansa and Littlefinger but it looks like their storyline is about to get very interesting.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. While I'm mildly disappointed about some of the stuff being left out, I'm really liking some of the changes from the books so far this season. I have to admit that I watched the leaked episodes and I'm liking some of the changes yet to come in those episodes as well. I don't think there is anything left from the books for Sansa and Littlefinger but it looks like their storyline is about to get very interesting.

Personally I find variance from book plot confusing and irritating.

The Sansa-Little Finger-Brienne thing in the inn?

What was the point of the books?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I'm not going to read the books until the series is over. I always had issues with LotR and the Hobbit deviations, figured I can see how I feel when it is reverse this time.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I find variance from book plot confusing and irritating.

The Sansa-Little Finger-Brienne thing in the inn?

What was the point of the books?

That scene was completely confusing. Brienne just coincidentally runs into both Arya and Sansa? K....

Then when she meets Sansa she doesn't even think to mention "Oh BTW I saw your sister and she's alive". Seems like that would have been a good idea at that point.

Then there's the scene where Cersei shows Jamie the package from Dorne. It opens up and there's a big Snake thing inside, but Cersei already knew it was there. So she opened it, put everything back, and then closed it up so Jamie could open it and see the snake thing poke out again? Wat?

And who even sent the snake thing with the locket? Doran Martell makes it clear that they don't hurt or threaten little girls, but somebody must have ripped the locket from Myrcella and sent it to Cersei. Doesn't seem like it was Ellaria, so it must have been one of the sand snakes. Maybe that part gets explained later. At least the stuff at the Wall is still good and interesting.

Anyway even if you've never read the books you can probably tell which parts of the show are deviating. If the scene makes no sense, it's probably not canon.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scene was completely confusing. Brienne just coincidentally runs into both Arya and Sansa? K....

Then when she meets Sansa she doesn't even think to mention "Oh BTW I saw your sister and she's alive". Seems like that would have been a good idea at that point.

Then there's the scene where Cersei shows Jamie the package from Dorne. It opens up and there's a big Snake thing inside, but Cersei already knew it was there. So she opened it, put everything back, and then closed it up so Jamie could open it and see the snake thing poke out again? Wat?

And who even sent the snake thing with the locket? Doran Martell makes it clear that they don't hurt or threaten little girls, but somebody must have ripped the locket from Myrcella and sent it to Cersei. Doesn't seem like it was Ellaria, so it must have been one of the sand snakes. Maybe that part gets explained later. At least the stuff at the Wall is still good and interesting.

Anyway even if you've never read the books you can probably tell which parts of the show are deviating. If the scene makes no sense, it's probably not canon.

Ed Zachary.

Still like it a lot but.......

At least with The Vikings, I'm just along for the ride, not always looking at the missus and going "Huh? Wha?"

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty clear that it was either Ellaria or one of the sand snakes that sent it and I think Cersei repackaged it just to make Jaime re-open it in hopes that it would enrage him like I assume it did her off-screen.

In retrospect, maybe its a good thing Brienne didn't mention Arya, because then LF would be on the hunt for her....but I am not a huge fan of Brienne's story arc in either the books or the show thus far. Hopefully she finds some purpose soon because right now its a drag when she and Pod come up on my screen.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI,

Thrones scored another 6.81 million viewers sunday. That's down quite a bit from the roughly 8 million for the season premier, but considering it was going up against both the NBA playoffs and the ACMAs, that's not bad. It's up a little bit from the 2nd episode of last season, which is a good sign.

I'm not sure how they calculate and figure in all the recorded views, HBO Go and HBO Now viewers, but it seems like they account for roughly 9-10 million more viewers to the live viewing audience. So, we're looking at a 14-16 million viewer audience for this last episode, which puts it on par with the Walking Dead audience...not counting pirated views.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait until tonight's episode. Got HBO last year as a free add on when we switched providers right before season 4 started. I watched the first 3 seasons in the days leading up to the premiere of season 4 and was hooked. Read all of the books this fall and re watched each of the seasons again. While there is certainly a lot more variation from the books in the later seasons, it just makes it better for me.

Knowing that Martin has already told the producers how he foresees his storyline ending, it will allow them to deviate more than what the books might show while keeping the ending the same. Both story lines will be interesting to see unfold in the next few years.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait until tonight's episode. Got HBO last year as a free add on when we switched providers right before season 4 started. I watched the first 3 seasons in the days leading up to the premiere of season 4 and was hooked. Read all of the books this fall and re watched each of the seasons again. While there is certainly a lot more variation from the books in the later seasons, it just makes it better for me.

Knowing that Martin has already told the producers how he foresees his storyline ending, it will allow them to deviate more than what the books might show while keeping the ending the same. Both story lines will be interesting to see unfold in the next few years.
Seemed like everytime I liked a character they would die LOL
So I figured Bronn would die since I started liking his character. They didn't kill him off but simply sent him away, so that was a bummer for me. So I am glad he might be coming back (to his old self) Thought it was cool when Oberyn seemed to give him some respect being who he was. Speaking of Oberyn. When I 1st saw him (I don't read the books) I thought I was really gonna hate his character, by the end, he owned that season. (really liked his char.) So of course he was killed. LOL.
So now with it seemingly likely Bronn coming back to the story. I will see if my streak continues.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I figured Bronn would die since I started liking his character. They didn't kill him off but simply sent him away, so that was a bummer for me. So I am glad he might be coming back (to his old self) Thought it was cool when Oberyn seemed to give him some respect being who he was. Speaking of Oberyn. When I 1st saw him (I don't read the books) I thought I was really gonna hate his character, by the end, he owned that season. (really liked his char.) So of course he was killed. LOL.
So now with it seemingly likely Bronn coming back to the story. I will see if my streak continues.

Even those of us that have read the books can be surprised. Martin said it himself about this upcoming season. We will have characters that haven't died in the books meeting their end in the show. He said the producers are even more bloody than he is and that is saying a lot. So even though I've read all 5 books, I'm just as anxious. To see how they pull off certain things in the books and how they surprise us and how events will deviate from the books.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even those of us that have read the books can be surprised. Martin said it himself about this upcoming season. We will have characters that haven't died in the books meeting their end in the show. He said the producers are even more bloody than he is and that is saying a lot. So even though I've read all 5 books, I'm just as anxious. To see how they pull off certain things in the books and how they surprise us and how events will deviate from the books.

***POSSIBLE SPOILER FOLLOWS***

I didn't read the books, but did Barristan Selmy survive through the first five novels so far? I heard rumors that he might die in this seasons TV program while fighting for/defending Dany Targaryen? Isn't he supposed to be the best fighter (or in the top 3) in all the world?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bronn is the man. Easily one of the best characters in the show, every thing he says is cool. But I know what you mean about expecting characters that you like to die. And imo there's a good chance that either he or Jaime won't be coming back from Dorne.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't read the books, but did Barristan Selmy survive through the first five novels so far? I heard rumors that he might die in this seasons TV program while fighting for/defending Dany Targaryen? Isn't he supposed to be the best fighter (or in the top 3) in all the world?

Also a possible spoiler. - Sorry still haven't figured out how to use that spoiler function that I've seen used.

He didn't die in the 5 books but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Neither did the following:

Pyp & Grenn
Xara Xhoan Daxos
Irri (The Dothraki handmaiden that died in Qarth)
Jojen Reed
Robb Stark's wife - She was a completely different character in the books and wasn't pregnant anyway.

There might be others but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Most were pretty minor characters, except maybe Robb's wife (minor in the books but pretty major during her time on the show) but she's a completely different case altogether. A lot of them don't really do much in the books after the point in the story where they die on the show anyway.

I won't say who it is but there is only 1 character that I can think of that is still alive on the show that died in the books at this point. We haven't seen much of him lately but his death is part of a pretty big storyline for some other characters.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read a wiki on him to see if I could find anything about him dying Which I didn't, but damn that man is a bad ass. In one tourney he was Sole champion of Lord Steffon's tourney at Storm's End, whereat he unhorsed Lord Robert Baratheon, Prince Oberyn Martell, Lord Leyton Hightower, Lord Jon Connington, Lord Jason Mallister, and Prince Rhaegar Targaryen. Amongst a bunch of other bad ass shit he did. No wonder he is such a Confident old man LOL