• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show creators said they feel comfortable with 7 seasons, possibly 8.

HBO wants to milk it for at least 10.

My guess is 7-8 seasons(which is perfect in my opinion) and then possibly a movie otherwise that's it

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to download the leaked episodes...I rather enjoy the wait from week to week.

S5 got off to a good start and I can already see the trend this season is going. It's going to be pretty Cersei heavy as she gradually loses her sanity and trust in anyone more and more. We also see our first minor standoff b/t Jon Snow and Stannis and our first glimpses of Dany's reign in Mereen crumbling.

I like what I'm seeing so far. Not perfect to the books, but following the same general storyline. So far so good. Excited to see more.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to download the leaked episodes...I rather enjoy the wait from week to week.

S5 got off to a good start and I can already see the trend this season is going. It's going to be pretty Cersei heavy as she gradually loses her sanity and trust in anyone more and more. We also see our first minor standoff b/t Jon Snow and Stannis and our first glimpses of Dany's reign in Mereen crumbling.

I like what I'm seeing so far. Not perfect to the books, but following the same general storyline. So far so good. Excited to see more.

Whup! Found something we agree on! :thumb:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally I HATE having to wait week to week to watch. I would love to just spend a weekend and watch the whole season. But no way in hell am I rewarding pirate websites with views/traffic. And I make sure that HBO knows I appreciate them creating this kind of content by watching it when it airs (no, I don't have a Nielson box or anything, but I'm pretty sure they are beyond that stuff these days?) And I like to play it again from HBO Go or my cable company's OnDemand service just to reinforce the point. Even if I don't want to watch it again I'll at least put it on my TV as i go take a shower and mow the lawn or something.

Personally I think season 5 got off to a horrible start. I saw 2 different naked guy butts, and had to watch 2 gay guys making out. And I barely even get to see any boobs. And although watching Tyrion puke was a freaking hilarious scene, it was almost as unappealing as the naked guy butts. We need more gratuitous boobs, more girl butts, and less gay sex and guy butts.

Other than that the plotlines themselves are all coming to interesting points. Although, it's getting weird to see all of the changes from the books. They all slowly add up. But also the pacing is weird. Some characters are so far behind where they are in the books. Others are almost ahead. And we always knew it would be weird/a problem but the ages of the characters/actors is starting to show too. Dany is still like what 14-15 in the books? Last night in one scene I almost ignored the dialogue as I sat there thinking how old and almost motherly she looked.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I HATE having to wait week to week to watch. I would love to just spend a weekend and watch the whole season. But no way in hell am I rewarding pirate websites with views/traffic. And I make sure that HBO knows I appreciate them creating this kind of content by watching it when it airs (no, I don't have a Nielson box or anything, but I'm pretty sure they are beyond that stuff these days?) And I like to play it again from HBO Go or my cable company's OnDemand service just to reinforce the point. Even if I don't want to watch it again I'll at least put it on my TV as i go take a shower and mow the lawn or something.

Personally I think season 5 got off to a horrible start. I saw 2 different naked guy butts, and had to watch 2 gay guys making out. And I barely even get to see any boobs. And although watching Tyrion puke was a freaking hilarious scene, it was almost as unappealing as the naked guy butts. We need more gratuitous boobs, more girl butts, and less gay sex and guy butts.

Other than that the plotlines themselves are all coming to interesting points. Although, it's getting weird to see all of the changes from the books. They all slowly add up. But also the pacing is weird. Some characters are so far behind where they are in the books. Others are almost ahead. And we always knew it would be weird/a problem but the ages of the characters/actors is starting to show too. Dany is still like what 14-15 in the books? Last night in one scene I almost ignored the dialogue as I sat there thinking how old and almost motherly she looked.

Yeah, she's still young in the books. I have no idea how much time is supposed to have passed, I think roughly 2-3 years. So Dany in the books starts out as 13 and is now roughly 16 or so in the books. All the characters are super young, but for obvious reasons the show casted them older.

I agree and also hope for less man butt and more female nudity in the future episodes...I'm sure we won't be too disappointed in that regard. Melisandre is still around and you know she's gonna be going nude again soon.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're probably right, now I gotta wait a month to see something new lol. Unless the rest get leaked...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, now I gotta wait a month to see something new lol. Unless the rest get leaked...
I thought I heard that the rest of the season was also hacked and will be released within the week. I dont remember where I heard that, though.

Personally, I am going to watch on HBO on the regular schedule.

I actually wish Netflix would stagger their series releases as well. OitNB and DD and HoC would be a lot more fun if we were able to discuss them here as each ep is released (as well as the new Arrested Development season).

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I am going to watch on HBO on the regular schedule.

The only way to fly.

I will let 2 or 3 accumulate occasionally for a big view session but I can't be bothered searching for "released" items.

It isn't that important that I have to just fucking well SEE IT NOW!!

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and also hope for less man butt and more female nudity in the future episodes...I'm sure we won't be too disappointed in that regard. Melisandre is still around and you know she's gonna be going nude again soon.

I think Jon Snow is never going to want to look at another redhead by the time it's over.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixed bag on the new season opener, but then it's always a struggle with these longer running series from books to balance action and story line progression and they like to always build to strong endings every season so there are always going to be some slower moving episodes early season.

lol@ people counting how much nudity there is/isn't. :L If watching boob is that important go get some free pron and be done with it. The nudity is fine if it fits in with the story, but if that's all you are into it for you need a better hobby. Can't say I care for the gay scenes, but it's part of the story so you just have to deal with it.

No way I'd risk watching hacked versions. Not just the risks of infection notorious from some of those sites, but also how hard HBO will be looking at going after users ISP's. While it may be a minimal risk with how easy it is to hide on the web, any risk isn't worth it IMO.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@ people counting how much nudity there is/isn't. :L If watching boob is that important go get some free pron and be done with it. The nudity is fine if it fits in with the story, but if that's all you are into it for you need a better hobby. Can't say I care for the gay scenes, but it's part of the story so you just have to deal with it.

With you 100% on the boobs.

Indifferent about the limp wristed boys though.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nudity is fine if it fits in with the story, but if that's all you are into it for you need a better hobby. Can't say I care for the gay scenes, but it's part of the story so you just have to deal with it.

Exactly, as long as it advances the story, such as season one when Dany was naked in a scalding hot bath and was not hurt.....also the final scene of season one when Dany survived the funeral pyre.....those are two very important scenes.

However, some some of the other stuff is completely unnecessary such as the season one episode with Renly Baratheon and Loras Tyrell having gay oral sex and we could hear the slurping sounds! That scene made my skin crawl. It did not advance the story line...the director only had to show those two characters lying in bed together in an embrace or perhaps even a kiss, but we did not need the slurping/sucking gay BJ scene. At least when the two characters were shaving each other, storyline dialog was progressing, which is fine... but a BJ is a waste of precious story time.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors and speculation only. Nothing is confirmed/engraved in stone. The final two books have not even been released yet.

There is talk of having at least 7 seasons on HBO... possibly more. Then there are rumors about possibly finishing the saga via theatrical releases.

One thing is for certain: You can be sure that nothing at this point is for certain.
you guys know more about it than I do. I just saw an interview with the guy that plays Jamie Lannister & he was saying there were only 7 seasons. I hope you guys are right & they stretch it out longer.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of Thrones notched their series high in ratings monday. Shouldn't come as a huge shock as this show has just grown after every season. Sunday they got an average of 8 million viewers, and that's not including all the HBO go and HBO Now streamers out there (as well as the nefarious online free leaked viewers).

Pretty impressive stuff for a premium cable show.

Game of Thrones Ratings: HBO Show Returns With Series High | Variety

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northern Illinois University offers 'Game of Thrones' course

NIU class on 'Game of Thrones' covers both history and TV | Daily Chronicle

It’s the spring semester at Northern Illinois University, but 20 students are learning the most important lesson in all of Westeros: Winter is coming.

The University Honors Program at NIU this semester launched “Game of Thrones, Television and Medieval History,” inspired by the insanely popular HBO show based on the book series by George R. R. Martin.

The seminar can be taken for honors credit. The class is mostly comprised of juniors and seniors, and one freshman, said Valerie Garver, one of the two professors.

“The students are really good,” she said. “They are very smart students that are able to make intelligent connections. Some have a strong interest in medieval history.”

“Game of Thrones” began in 2011 and has been a juggernaut of a pop culture icon ever since. Before the fifth season even debuted on Sunday, pulling in eight million viewers, the show had been renewed through six seasons into 2016. It’s already one of the longest-running and most-watched shows ever for HBO, surpassing hits such as “The Sopranos” and “Sex and the City.”

The show’s complex storylines feature many, many different characters vying for control in a mythical world where bloodlines are everything and dragons fly. It has inspired shirts, toys and discussion among its rabid fans.

Jennifer Wegmann-Gabb, a post-baccalaureate art history major at NIU and “Game of Thrones” fan, helped create the class by introducing Garver to Jeff Chown, who taught a class Wegmann-Gabb took about the TV show “Mad Men.”

“It’s really nice as a student you can give a suggestion or put two people together and watch them work their magic,” Wegmann-Gabb said. “It makes an impact on your learning experience. For me personally, I’m going into grad school to teach at the college level. Seeing how a class is created from idea to completion gives me ideas for when I’m able to create my own classes and coursework.”

Chown, the seminar’s other professor, said he was a fan of Martin’s universe since he read the books.

“There are a lot of television shows out there, but this show breaks through the clutter,” Chown said. “It unnerves you. In the first season, your main character is killed off. After that, you don’t know what’s going to happen. That’s a little unnerving, but it’s also exciting. We’re tense about what’s going to happen.”

The class syllabus includes weekly readings, watching episodes of “Game of Thrones” in order through their first four seasons, and presentations on the show and how it relates to modern cable technology, history and current events.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_lmpj7bdnq71qj0zk3o1_500.gif

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone dies in a different way for the final.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that they have the lowest academic standards in the MAC, this does not surprise me.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would be a pretty cool elective to take. Hell, it might be the only course where everyone actually wants to read the required materials.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the direction they have went with Podrick Payne. I got the feeling from the books that he was somehow just more.