• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep trying to reconcile your insistence on internal logic with your Sagetism.

You're an enigma fucking a mystery right in the riddle.
Most people I know just chalk that one up to the autism.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were full seasons where the Night King / White Walkers were barely mentioned. Just not a lot of depth to them. Not sure how much more of this season they deserved.
Fair enough I guess. George has said we're supposed to get more detail in the books but who knows if the series is ever going to really finish at this point.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many, many seasons ago I held firm to the idea that Tirion is f*cking stupid.

I still hold firm that he's stupid.

They even keep trying to hammer down that he's smart by literally having characters say "he's smart" despite his doing the dumbest ass sh*t.

Reminds me of the whole "Any man who calls himself a king is no true king" deals.

He and Sansa (who is stupid too ftr) sitting there hiding like little b*tches when the real sh*t went down felt legit. So golf clap for that scene.

One of the main themes they've been pushing for this season is that family makes smart people do stupid things.

And I certainly agree with that.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, they could have taken a chain from an anchor if any boats were left there
They mostly had small boats inland and the biggest ones anchored in the bay if IIRC.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough I guess. George has said we're supposed to get more detail in the books but who knows if the series is ever going to really finish at this point.

I haven't started the books yet, but I'm guessing there may be way more to the white walkers that has not been touched on in the show. I would be very surprised if there aren't two completely different endings. That's why I look forward to getting into the books after the show is done (if I can devote the time). Maybe I'll go audio.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't started the books yet, but I'm guessing there may be way more to the white walkers that has not been touched on in the show. I would be very surprised if there aren't two completely different endings. That's why I look forward to getting into the books after the show is done (if I can devote the time). Maybe I'll go audio.
i raised the white flag about 50 pages into a feast of crows. new cats i had no interest in and was very dull. loved the first three books and have no idea if the fifth was better.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dothraki aren't really well suited for close quarters combat. They are at their best on their horses with freedom to move. Unfortunately they came up against a VASTLY larger force.

They were like the Polish cavalry as the German Panzers and Stukas were decimating them....

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, they could have taken a chain from an anchor if any boats were left there
In a world featuring fire breathing dragons and undead armies raised by arm movement, one could postulate that chains grew out of undead walrus asses

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just for the record, the armies at Winterfell lost less people than the Yankees have this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, there isn't really more in the books on the WW's than in the show, at least not yet. That's not to say there won't be in the next books, if they ever get published. Just a few examples of how far beyond the last books the show has gotten, on the printed page, Jon has just been stabbed, Dany is still in Essos, and Sansa is eating lemon cakes in the Vale. As for the endings being completely different, even GRRM said they'll be very similar. How many of the characters get to the end will be different (there are so many characters from the books who didn't make it into the show), but the end won't be.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the show? Uh.... I guess they're making her the big bad by default now but everything through the story has been building up the Night King as the ultimate evil.

What just happened in the show is like if Sauron got killed at the end of The Two Towers. What's the point after that happens?
Actually in a percent of time basis it was about a lock. The series isn't two thirds done. Actually it is probably later in this series than the lotr movies. That thing dragged on for another half hour at least, didn't it?

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i raised the white flag about 50 pages into a feast of crows. new cats i had no interest in and was very dull. loved the first three books and have no idea if the fifth was better.
That book was quite a chore.

A Dance with Dragons was better.

Hopefully the last book will come out soon.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damnit.

I just finished last nights episode.

For years we've been hearing all about how winter is coming. What a fucking let down. Dumbfuck Night King gets his ass shellacked in the first fucking battle.

Winter. More like a fucking frost warning.

GTFO.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just for the record, the armies at Winterfell lost less people than the Yankees have this year.

That's what I'm saying.

Fucking worthless Night King. And here I thought Negan was the ultimate villain bust. GoT says, "hold my beer."

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall GRRM stating how Tolkien was a major inspiration, that he loved how Sauron being defeated wasn't the end ... that Tolkien had a fair amount of story to tell after his downfall ... and how he was going for the sort of bittersweet ending the LoTR trilogy had. That's me paraphrasing, of course, and I read that several years ago, so my memory may be off, but it it's correct, that appears to be what the show is doing ... the big bad guy gets killed, then there's ... aftermath. The battle for the Iron Throne and the Battle of the Bywater would then be at least somewhat parallel.
A gal who likes Tolkien....are we talking the ideal woman here???

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their call-ups are playing 10x better than the Bosox regulars

Playing better than the Yankee regulars were to. But if anyone goes to a Yankee game bring your glove. Not to catch a foul but so you can play. Right now we're the Spinal Tap drummer of MLB

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damnit.

I just finished last nights episode.

For years we've been hearing all about how winter is coming. What a fucking let down. Dumbfuck Night King gets his ass shellacked in the first fucking battle.

Winter. More like a fucking frost warning.

GTFO.
Pretty sure he won at Hardhomme.