• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I was expecting more fluff until the end of the episode, then the war starts for three episodes. No fluff, all action, finished quick, just like if I was with dany. Great kill on the night king, what a great choice to do it, with that weapon too. Was kind of confused how they walk so slow but then came so fast.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little stuff like that annoys me. They just happened to have the mother of all chains, just in case

I was at first too, but again, I think he's potentially a greenseer like Bran and NK set stage to get his dragon

Remember this took place in same location the hound saw in the fire

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what they said, but it still doesn't answer the question as to why the Dothraki charged ahead by themselves with no backup and without knowing exactly where the enemy was. And as I already pointed out it appeared that they didn't even have dragonglass weapons. Just nothing made sense. Seems like it was just the writers shoe-horning in some way that Dany would have to abandon the original plan.

The Dothraki aren't really well suited for close quarters combat. They are at their best on their horses with freedom to move. Unfortunately they came up against a VASTLY larger force.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what they said, but it still doesn't answer the question as to why the Dothraki charged ahead by themselves with no backup and without knowing exactly where the enemy was. And as I already pointed out it appeared that they didn't even have dragonglass weapons. Just nothing made sense. Seems like it was just the writers shoe-horning in some way that Dany would have to abandon the original plan.

She gave them the fire, that was all they needed. Dont you think that each group, or clan or whatever you call them wanted to be the ones to win the war?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at first too, but again, I think he's potentially a greenseer like Bran and NK set stage to get his dragon

Remember this took place in same location the hound saw in the fire

Even as a greenseer, how did they find a chain that size north of the wall where there is no civilization or industries?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can read into the names all you want, Cersei is the ultimate villain and it's not even close.
In the show? Uh.... I guess they're making her the big bad by default now but everything through the story has been building up the Night King as the ultimate evil.

What just happened in the show is like if Sauron got killed at the end of The Two Towers. What's the point after that happens?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a greenseer, how did they find a chain that size north of the wall where there is no civilization or industries?

Hardhome was on sea and had boats, they over took hardhome

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She gave them the fire, that was all they needed. Dont you think that each group, or clan or whatever you call them wanted to be the ones to win the war?

K. But they didn't know she was going to do that. So they were standing there as the first wave of attackers while wielding weapons that don't do shit to the enemy they're about to attack.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the show? Uh.... I guess they're making her the big bad by default now but everything through the story has been building up the Night King as the ultimate evil.

What just happened in the show is like if Sauron got killed at the end of The Two Towers. What's the point after that happens?

Sam banging the hot Hobbit barmaid?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardhome was on sea and had boats, they over took hardhome

Good point, they could have taken a chain from an anchor if any boats were left there

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dothraki aren't really well suited for close quarters combat. They are at their best on their horses with freedom to move. Unfortunately they came up against a VASTLY larger force.
Yes, I understand that. I'm just trying to understand why the plan was for the cavalry to charge straight at the bad guys by themselves with weapons that don't kill the bad guys and without knowing exactly where the bad guys were.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I guess there was a ton of additional Return of the King post-Sauron defeat stuff that they cut out of the movies. But it wasn't 3.5 hours of extra stuff.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I understand that. I'm just trying to understand why the plan was for the cavalry to charge straight at the bad guys by themselves with weapons that don't kill the bad guys and without knowing exactly where the bad guys were.

I keep trying to reconcile your insistence on internal logic with your Sagetism.

You're an enigma fucking a mystery right in the riddle.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were full seasons where the Night King / White Walkers were barely mentioned. Just not a lot of depth to them. Not sure how much more of this season they deserved.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too wondered at the timing of the last few episodes, but let's be clear, it's the GAME OF THRONES. So the ending was always going to be to THAT GAME, no matter what a big sideshow the NK was.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midget sex....oh yah!!!
Get Billy Barty in there slappimg her ass!!!

Could have also had a Tolkienesque 4 hour discussion about the naming of the various beers of the Shire and translating them into Dwarvish (including Morian and Iron Hills pronunciation variations).

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I guess there was a ton of additional Return of the King post-Sauron defeat stuff that they cut out of the movies. But it wasn't 3.5 hours of extra stuff.
The scouring of the Shire stuff was actually interesting....but I remember finding it painful to read as a kid after the tremendous effort to destroy the ring. Would have been horribly anticlimactic in a movie.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too wondered at the timing of the last few episodes, but let's be clear, it's the GAME OF THRONES. So the ending was always going to be to THAT GAME, no matter what a big sideshow the NK was.

I seem to recall GRRM stating how Tolkien was a major inspiration, that he loved how Sauron being defeated wasn't the end ... that Tolkien had a fair amount of story to tell after his downfall ... and how he was going for the sort of bittersweet ending the LoTR trilogy had. That's me paraphrasing, of course, and I read that several years ago, so my memory may be off, but it it's correct, that appears to be what the show is doing ... the big bad guy gets killed, then there's ... aftermath. The battle for the Iron Throne and the Battle of the Bywater would then be at least somewhat parallel.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Night King is going to remake himself like the T1000 in T2 after it got shattered....then EVERYBODY gonna be fuckn DEAD!!!!