• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were really interesting when used properly (Hardhome).

That is fair, I felt something was really building in that episode. Perhaps if they had built on it more later the end result would have been far better.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GRRM is the Bruno Caboclo of the writing world.
He's two years away from being two years away.....
When is the Harvard Lampoon going to get around to writing a parody to possibly be titled "Game Of Boners"?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair, I felt something was really building in that episode. Perhaps if they had built on it more later then end result would have been far better.

Raising the dragon from the dead and taking down the wall are two other examples of the dread this threat was bringing.

Then they decide to wrap it all up in a one episode battle with suspect managerial decisions.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier: I think HBO rushed them to finish with the shortened order and fucked up the pacing and threat from the WW.

Might have been time for skirmishes that showed NK feats before the big battle.

As it is he took some dragon fire, and walked straight into an Arya ambush, doing fuck-all himself this season.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raising the dragon from the dead and taking down the wall are two other examples of the dread this threat was bringing.

Then they decide to wrap it all up in a one episode battle with suspect managerial decisions.
I can't be the only one who saw the schedule of episodes and thought this was the end of that story line.

Also, what more did they need to do to end the story line? They've built this battle up for seasons, especially the end of last season and had two episodes of pure buildup this season. They had a near movie length episode consisting of nothing but this battle. They had most of the world's armies of note there to fight the battle as well as two dragons. I'm failing to see how this was just some small endeavor that took them out. Now I'm not saying it was perfect, but how much bigger of a deal could they have made this?

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be the only one who saw the schedule of episodes and thought this was the end of that story line.
Also, what more did they need to do to end the story line? They've built this battle up for seasons, especially the end of last season and had two episodes of pure buildup this season. They had a near movie length episode consisting of nothing but this battle. They had most of the world's armies of note there to fight the battle as well as two dragons. I'm failing to see how this was just some small endeavor that took them out. Now I'm not saying it was perfect, but how much bigger of a deal could they have made this?
The walkers will have nukes next time around....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this theory has been said.. I am sure it has been, since everybody has a theory...

But I think Cersei is going to win the GOT.... but nobody is going to recognize her as the queen... So the people of the North wont kneel... and so forth...

Ultimately making the throne just a useless and meaningless title...

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they aren't a substory! they fit into the main story as much as any of the other families as they are looking to sit on the same throne.

At the end of the day, they didn't offer much of a story. Cersei is the ultimate villain and it isn't even close. It will take every minute of these last 3 episodes if they want to do justice to the ending of the "Game".

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week was everybody fucking.

This week was everybody doing shit so fast you couldn't keep track or even properly see it.

Some cool things but overall I am less than impressed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier: I think HBO rushed them to finish with the shortened order and fucked up the pacing and threat from the WW.

Might have been time for skirmishes that showed NK feats before the big battle.

As it is he took some dragon fire, and walked straight into an Arya ambush, doing fuck-all himself this season.

Well, hey, if the next books ever come out, perhaps we'll get page after page after page of the NK's observations of the various trees of the north. ;)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
59229946_10156539031812807_4299276041551085568_n.jpg

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The raising the dragon from the dead annoyed me. So you're north of the wall. There's no civilization. There's barely enough metal for weapons for the free folk. But the Night Kind has a thousand yards metal chain to drag the dragon out of the water.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearcut, but one dimensional. No depth, silent dude shows up and is menacing because reasons. They did not really mention what his goal was until the second episode of 8, and even then they never give a why.

Maybe I am alone on this, but I found the whitewalkers to be one of the least interesting villains I have ever witnessed.

They're not a great villian, they're ominous and out there, but we never understand them.

it's good vs evil trope

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The raising the dragon from the dead annoyed me. So you're north of the wall. There's no civilization. There's barely enough metal for weapons for the free folk. But the Night Kind has a thousand yards metal chain to drag the dragon out of the water.

My best guess he's a greenseer as well and knew this was the place