• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing that kind of bothers me is that I feel like Cersei needs to be fucked up by the NK. She bailed on sending her army and deserves to feel the wrath.

Now it becomes a good guys vs bad guys type thing, which is way lamer.

Few against many is always a good story.
If the north had their Dothraki/Unsullied armies and two dragons, it wouldn't be much of a fight.

The only question is how does Cersei navigates the war as Bran should be able to foresee all their movements or know what is happening at any given moment, which nobody in Kings Landing should know about. I'm guessing that will get glosssed over and we'll just have another big battle scene???

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was putting off buying the books mostly because I do not have faith that Martin will finish writing them. Last night my wife asked for them so I am now shopping. The things we do for love...
I have this set

61CRRvJCaGL._SL1000_.jpg

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the north had their Dothraki/Unsullied armies and two dragons, it wouldn't be much of a fight.

The only question is how does Cersei navigates the war as Bran should be able to foresee all their movements or know what is happening at any given moment, which nobody in Kings Landing should know about. I'm guessing that will get glosssed over and we'll just have another big battle scene???
is Bran allowed to help?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, they had to even the fight

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one intense episode.
It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it.
Ok, maybe "enjoyed it" isn't the right way to put it, but it worked for me, at least for the most part.
I was really confused by Melisandre's end.

As for the claim I saw several pages back claiming regular steel weapons have always been able to kill wights ... :L

It was clearly established in season 1 regular steel weapons do not kill wights.
Her only concern was the battle for the dawn. She couldn't care less who ends up on the throne. Her work was done.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea not sure what to do once the next one comes out...if it comes out.
You don't have to worry about that.

Though they might Wheel of Time it, though. If GRRM allows it after his death.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to worry about that.

Though they might Wheel of Time it, though. If GRRM allows it after his death.
maybe I keep thinking he will release the next after the show is done as to not confuse things. I'd like that, seeing that the show is ending soon.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue with any of that, I just thought it ... strange she went out by, in essence, suicide.
She wasn't just old, she was a fossil.

That was just a glammour, she wasn't actually young and vibrant. Probably in constant pain.

She stayed alive long enough to finish her destiny.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that someone will have to eliminate the Children of the Forrest or at least their ability to create another Night King?

Yeah, as temptress said, think they are all dead in the show. As someone else pointed out, this might be a story of magics last hurrah. With them gone, the Giants, the NK and WWs, the Red Woman, and Thoros, that also could be where we are heading. It'd mean curtains for Bran and the dragon's too. Would seem weird if the 3ER died after surviving this battle. Since they just established how significant his life is to preserve the history of the realm but maybe that's part of it - history gets lost. Personally, I'd like to see them wrap up the winter story better, so I hoping something ties back in with that before its all over.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was just a glammour, she wasn't actually young and vibrant. Probably in constant pain.

I get all that. She's probably been ready to go for a long time, certainly since she realized Stannis was not, in fact, the Mannis, and Shireen's death was for nothing (and she did seem to have a bit of a conscience about that). but she stuck around to fulfill her role. I still found it ... strange. Maybe I was too attached to the idea of her being killed ... somehow.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When that happens, what's the over/under on how many 'And now his watch has ended' memes that we get????
I think it depends on whether the next two books are done or not.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all that. She's probably been ready to go for a long time, certainly since she realized Stannis was not, in fact, the Mannis, and Shireen's death was for nothing (and she did seem to have a bit of a conscience about that). but she stuck around to fulfill her role. I still found it ... strange. Maybe I was too attached to the idea of her being killed ... somehow.
Ser Davos would have happily helped her shed the mortal coil if she wasn't going to do it herself.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ser Davos would have happily helped her shed the mortal coil if she wasn't going to do it herself.
my question about all that is who can question that religion after seeing what she had done? Why wouldn't everyone be like "yo, that red god is legit!"?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

her magic was waning too, why it took so long to get trench lit