• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mighty Night King, impervious to dragon fire, able to kill dragons with an ice spear from 1000 yards (And he threw with his off hand just to prove a point), who brings creatures back from the dead was killed by a small dagger so yeah, a rank and file dead guy should be able to be offed by a scratch from dragon glass.
I don't think I agree

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even with a scratch? I feel like it would still need to be a kill shot to work.
No. Pretty demonstrably doesn't need to be a regular kill shot. See the nk. That being said, I was annoyed that Arya became so frightened of a few after dominating more. I get that they needed to set her up to rebound, but they should have done it better.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I agree

So....is the part where we start insulting each other or is that just the politics threads?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....is the part where we start insulting each other or is that just the politics threads?
we can just agree to disagree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one intense episode.
It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it.
Ok, maybe "enjoyed it" isn't the right way to put it, but it worked for me, at least for the most part.
I was really confused by Melisandre's end.

As for the claim I saw several pages back claiming regular steel weapons have always been able to kill wights ... :L

It was clearly established in season 1 regular steel weapons do not kill wights.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the scene where they had Arya kicking ass. The music changed and they had the dead dying from simple scratches from her spear...then she went to hide from raptors in the kitchen

I'd like to believe she was landing kill shots on each and every one, given her training.
Maybe not head shots, but vital targets like throat/heart/groin that would wipe out anyone else.

In S7 final episode, they cleave the wight apart to show Cersei and it is still alive while chopped in half, even the arm. My thinking is that a properly placed dragonglass strike kills any ol' wight.

I mean, basic DnD suggests bladed weapon only do half damage against skellies.
Why not arm everyone with blunt weapons made of dragonglass?
Staves, maces, clubs, etc.
Even if you don't kill them, you are hitting limbs that will not reattach.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Pretty demonstrably doesn't need to be a regular kill shot. See the nk. That being said, I was annoyed that Arya became so frightened of a few after dominating more. I get that they needed to set her up to rebound, but they should have done it better.

We knew that Arya and Mel would meet again. They must want us to remember the words from their first visit.

Brown eyes - Meryn Trant
Blue eyes - NK
Green eyes Cersei?

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be the end of the Winter Story IMO. Something else has to happen there. Someone else might have to take the NK's place like Bran toon the 3ER place to restore the natural balance. Surely oldest threat Westeros that couldn't be defeated Bran the builder and company and required a magical wall to keep them out isn't this easily done away with. Also, seems like the Azor Ahai legend either still has some prophecy to be fulfilled either that or it was folklore or Arya is Azor Ahai.

Might not be time for that though:

E4 is probably picking up the peices prepping for the final battle with Cersei.

E5 battle with Cersei

E6 picking up the pieces from that and putting our characters into the new roles they will hold based on the results of the war.

Only thing I can think of is if some magic is required to defeat Cersei's army, maybe it comes with the consequence of someone getting dragon glass in their heart and becoming the new NK. I kind of doubt that though. Notheless, they still have some loose ends to tie up with Winter IMO.

Do you think that someone will have to eliminate the Children of the Forrest or at least their ability to create another Night King?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mighty Night King, impervious to dragon fire, able to kill dragons with an ice spear from 1000 yards (And he threw with his off hand just to prove a point), who brings creatures back from the dead was killed by a small dagger so yeah, a rank and file dead guy should be able to be offed by a scratch from dragon glass.
The producers said she stabbed him right in the dragonglass that the CotF put in him.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the show, Maggie's vision doesn't mention how Cersei will die, so she can be killed by anyone (not that the show's too preoccupied with prophecies and visions anymore, since "the prince that was promised" and lightbringer weren't needed to defeat winter).

Maggie's vision has mostly been fulfilled. Cersei had 3 kids with golden hair and golden shrouds. She married the king and didn't have any kids with him. She has met two younger more beautiful Queens, one took her last son and the other will take the throne from her.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing that kind of bothers me is that I feel like Cersei needs to be fucked up by the NK. She bailed on sending her army and deserves to feel the wrath.

Now it becomes a good guys vs bad guys type thing, which is way lamer.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...with three episodes remaining, will we see again...

Meera Reed
Lord Reed
Quaith
Sweet Robyn
Daario
Jaqen Hghar

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the show goes, they were eliminated already.

I was putting off buying the books mostly because I do not have faith that Martin will finish writing them. Last night my wife asked for them so I am now shopping. The things we do for love...

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was putting off buying the books mostly because I do not have faith that Martin will finish writing them. Last night my wife asked for them so I am now shopping. The things we do for love...
I believe you will have read a million words by the time you get to the fourth book. Enjoy!

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you will have read a million words by the time you get to the fourth book. Enjoy!

I really like long, detailed reads. Clancy is still my contemporary GOAT.