• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be the only one who saw the schedule of episodes and thought this was the end of that story line.

Also, what more did they need to do to end the story line? They've built this battle up for seasons, especially the end of last season and had two episodes of pure buildup this season. They had a near movie length episode consisting of nothing but this battle. They had most of the world's armies of note there to fight the battle as well as two dragons. I'm failing to see how this was just some small endeavor that took them out. Now I'm not saying it was perfect, but how much bigger of a deal could they have made this?

winners get dairy queen

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a meh episode IMO. I could barely understand wtf was going on half the time. Apparently there are THOUSANDS if not millions of zombie things, but when main characters are in the open a few show up? It was overall a very confusing episode.

Anyway, let's just move on to Cersei since that's basically the only interesting character left in the show.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they cut down resolution to ensure the live stream went off without a hitch... my picture (samsung 4k hdr quantum dot) last night was noticeably worse than other episodes. But i didnt try to fix it during the show.

That could have very well been a big part of the problem too. It was hard to judge resolution with the dark scenes.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I was disappointed in how they wrote off Melisandre. She was one of the most resilient characters and she walked into the wilderness to die with no context whatsoever. It was almost as though she was stubbornly forcing her prediction that she told to Ser Daavos to come true.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrion.

I mean if you're going to call him stupid, at least get his name right

I will do my best to not slander the name of a fictional midget in the future. This is my promise to you.

Also, Tyrion is either a f*cking idiot or it's gonna be the dumbest "Hey guess what I was a bad guy all along" plot twist in television/movie history.

I'm almost certain that Arya was jumping over a shark when she jumped at the Night King in this episode. I'm sure if someone gets a freeze frame there's a goddamn shark...probably with a Fonz hairdo.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I was disappointed in how they wrote off Melisandre. She was one of the most resilient characters and she walked into the wilderness to die with no context whatsoever. It was almost as though she was stubbornly forcing her prediction that she told to Ser Daavos to come true.

I think her prediction meant that the army of the dead would kill her or they would defeat them and then her work would be done and she could die. The only thing keeping her alive was the Lord of Light and defeating the A O D was why.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no context/closure to a lot of the mystery of Game of Thrones at the moment...and since they're going into Cersei vs the North mode...It might not happen. Why books are always better...

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The raising the dragon from the dead annoyed me. So you're north of the wall. There's no civilization. There's barely enough metal for weapons for the free folk. But the Night Kind has a thousand yards metal chain to drag the dragon out of the water.
He should have just lifted his arms to bring him up, but it didn't really bother me.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have just lifted his arms to bring him up, but it didn't really bother me.

Little stuff like that annoys me. They just happened to have the mother of all chains, just in case

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never go into it. I watched a few random episodes early on and decided it wasn't worth the effort trying to catch up with all of the story lines. My wife is a big fan, though, so I watch once in awhile and watched it last night.

What in Theeee Fuck ? An hour & 1/2 of dark, fast-paced, chaotic, relentless battle scenes. Who's killing whom now ? Who knows ? Did he/she really just die ? OMG! But no, there he/she is... I guess they were was just injured. Now here come the zombies over the walls. Looks like this is it. "Are you sure this isn't the grand finale?" I asked my wife. "Idk.. don't think so". But wait ... she just killed them all in the nick of time... or did she ? Stay tuned, I guess. That was just exhausting and not in a good way.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only question is how does Cersei navigates the war as Bran should be able to foresee all their movements or know what is happening at any given moment, which nobody in Kings Landing should know about. I'm guessing that will get glosssed over and we'll just have another big battle scene???

Bran never does anything, and frankly the series has never taken advantage of the wargs. The free folk had several and still had to test black castle’s defenses to know that they were undermanned.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think her prediction meant that the army of the dead would kill her or they would defeat them and then her work would be done and she could die. The only thing keeping her alive was the Lord of Light and defeating the A O D was why.
It was her necklace that kept her alive. Taking it off made her age. I think the cinematography would have been more rich if the Lord of Light took the mystical powers away from the gem in her necklace but that's just me.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never go into it. I watched a few random episodes early on and decided it wasn't worth the effort trying to catch up with all of the story lines. My wife is a big fan, though, so I watch once in awhile and watched it last night.

What in Theeee Fuck ? An hour & 1/2 of dark, fast-paced, chaotic, relentless battle scenes. Who's killing whom now ? Who knows ? Did he/she really just die ? OMG! But no, there he/she is... I guess they were was just injured. Now here come the zombies over the walls. Looks like this is it. "Are you sure this isn't the grand finale?" I asked my wife. "Idk.. don't think so". But wait ... she just killed them all in the nick of time... or did she ? Stay tuned, I guess. That was just exhausting and not in a good way.
You stepped in for a bad episode to be able to really sit back and enjoy.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it isn't what a lot of people were wanting/expecting, but it's exactly what Bran told us. The NK wanted an endless night. Lure him in the open, and kill him.

I'm also ok with this story line being over. I'd like to know a little more backstory, but we're kind of past backstory time, anyway. The show is called Game of Thrones, not Fight Against the Endless Night. It's time to resolve the game.

I mean, I guess that's fine if you're more interested in who gets the Iron Throne. But the book series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire". The first book is "A Game of Thrones". The overall story is about the fight against the Night King.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weiss/Benioff talked about this in their after show notes.

The PLAN was to keep the dragons back until the NK shows up. But Dany couldn't deal with seeing her Dothraki get absolutely smoked. Jon tried to keep on point but Dany had to try to save her guys.

That is what they said, but it still doesn't answer the question as to why the Dothraki charged ahead by themselves with no backup and without knowing exactly where the enemy was. And as I already pointed out it appeared that they didn't even have dragonglass weapons. Just nothing made sense. Seems like it was just the writers shoe-horning in some way that Dany would have to abandon the original plan.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on Alt Shift X's live post show chat last night for a while. Someone suggested that Arya took the face of an Other in order to get close to the NK. Just before she attacks, the camera panned over his generals and one of them turns its head and looks.

I think they're giving the writers too much credit with that one. The one guy turns his head and looks because Arya is just sprinting through all of them and somehow runs the 50 feet between the "generals" and the Night King before getting airborne and having the Night King notice.

I feel like they definitely would have showed Arya taking the mask off at some point if she was impersonating one of them.

Also, she probably would have stayed in disguise until she stabbed him before revealing herself if this was the case. Why take the disguise off and then run the 50 feet towards the guy you're trying to kill with stealth?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I guess that's fine if you're more interested in who gets the Iron Throne. But the book series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire". The first book is "A Game of Thrones". The overall story is about the fight against the Night King.

You can read into the names all you want, Cersei is the ultimate villain and it's not even close.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the initial euphoria of Arya getting her SAVAGE ON....

Yeah, I see your point.

It wasn't anticlimactic. But, it was easier or...with less casualties than I expected.

But, am I the only one who DOESN'T believe that's the end of the NK?

I am a classic over thinker.

But, I remember Bran, or some other important character, questioning the origin of the dagger before it landed with little finger.

How do we know the dagger didn't just return Dude to his previous state?

What if he's a player in the musical chairs game of who lands on the throne?

I'd bet money that's all we see of the Night King. He exploded into shards of ice. Unless he's Jayna from the Wonder Twins I don't think he's coming back.